Classic server Wipes

Who exactly would boost you on new servers? I dont understand that argument tbh. Anyway, altough I think it would be nice, new servers aint gonna happen. They dont want classic players to be into fresh starts when retail expansion is around the corner. And from what i ve heard shadowlands is designed to atract classic players

Shadowlands looks dogshiet to me tbh, it’s the first expansion ever i haven’t pre ordered, and as a classic player I seriously doubt i will buy it. If fresh servers dont come, then i will stay unsubbed until TBC

The same players who are doing it now, you don’t honestly think they wont migrate to the new servers and carry on? And in doing so, reducing the number of players on the original incarnation. In the end you won’t have enough players in either game.

Old dies while fresh gets nearly all attention. Every realm has an expiration date :wink:

1 Like

But is ‘all’ the attention going to be enough second time around, I know for one I won’t be doing it again, and in the end the main fear is more dead realms and not enough players to make it all worthwhile.

All “very active” players will. Those that want to level in organic way already want it. Raiders, gold makers, dungeoners etc. after naxx will think what’s next and reroll to something else and start again, some “casuals” will follow and so on.

If there won’t be TBC transition there will be close to no reasons to play after you clear Naxx or after you get your dream speedrun score etc. And if you are not raiding there will be even less incentives after the Naxx event ends. Levelers already lost them.

Some will stay and it should work in a way that when the “fresh” finishes progression it’s merged to “old” and new fresh starts in an endless cycle. So that so you don’t loose any toons and with time on the “old” you will have all of your progressed toons. Every existing realm would have “old” and “fresh” variants.

In case of WoTLK some pservers do it even with 2x faster content progression and 2x shorter raid resets. For Fresh Classic quickened content progression could something to look at. You would have a year to level a toon and have fun with it or level and raid depending on interests. If you are a leveler then leveling never dies until near the end and raiders have things to do as well.

2 Likes

Have you spoken to all these ‘very active’ players to produce and confirm that statement? And do you think Blizzard will be prepared to take that chance, especially with the state of the current servers?

Nope don’t think so personally.

There is more than just you, you and you.

When Classic was announced I went to check vanilla out on K2. It was old realm and got flooded by people like me. Few months after their Fresh launched - K3. When that happened K2 quickly died below 100 active players, while K3 started with 6K peak. Same thing happened with LH realms and their fresh.

Aside of that Blizzard talked with nostalrius people and asked how they managed the community and game. When Classic was soon to launch a lot of the interviews were done by ex-pserver players and a lot of feedback came from them (like Blizzard changing 4p to 6p content progression etc). They are aware of FRESH. It doesn’t imply it will happen exactly as on private servers but can if they for example move existing realms to TBC or more and more people will ask for it.

And as you can see people are already asking for fresh. Vanilla gets very stale at the end.

1 Like

Can you drop this argument already? People love fresh.

Want proof?

Go look at how all the classic pserver community thrived for years.

They never learn… they’re so full of themselves thinking “me me me” “I’m right, I know best, this bad this good so everyone must think that too”. On that note, can’t wait for fresh realms. :smiley:

2 Likes

As one of my co posters likes to say, “that is such a strawman argument”

Which quickly becomes stale. Then the vicious cycle starts again, in six months the “I want fresh servers” brigade start up again. New realms are not the answer, those players sorting out why they want fresh servers should be.

In all these threads I don’t think I have seen anyone give a real and valid reason why we should have fresh realms. All I can see is “we want to level with other people”.

It’s not a vicious cycle if you like fresh

If course it is, you are just too stubborn to see it.

Get a fresh realm, get so far, want more fresh realms.

What needs to figured out is WHY people want fresh realms. After all we had fresh realms a year ago.

Nope it’s just fun with fresh realms

Fun how?

Honestly, I am trying to figure it out, so if you could enlighten me.

Everyone starts fresh from scratch, loads of low level world pvp.

To me starting over on fresh in classic would be more exciting than shadowlands.

2 Likes

I see that as hell and only happening for the first month. What about PvE players?

Yeah well you can just keep playing on your already existing server:)

PvE players get the chance to reroll a new main, maybe different faction. Whatever.

Fresh server is very fun, dunno why youre salty

I am trying to figure out why people think it’s fun. I remember the hundreds of complaints when Phase two arrived on PvP realms. Maybe even thousands on the forums.

Well some people might’ve complained, i for one loved it and im missing it. (Actually i think a fresh server, which launches with the honor system active is the most fun)

The best thing they could do imo is what untill 1-2 months after naxx. Then they could release a set of fresh servers after that.

The world is just more alive in the first 6 months of a fresh server, which is the best experience wow can bring.