Consequences of Overplaying... đŸ’„

A family member of mine was a compulsive gambler, lost everything. Hid it very well for years but looking back you can see the signs. They live in alternate realities, the normal person and the gambler and when they get the itch they are not with you at all,minds on the action for as long as they need the fix. They then lose and have low self esteem.until back on it. They also brag when they win too feel good but lose so much they will never recover.

1 Like

I had a long break and came back and reliased I was just burnt out and this expansion is OK.

As far as addiction come I’m pretty sure I would of gone far in life but I choose to be mediocre in WoW instead :joy::joy:

Imagine being addicted to BfA.

Pitiful.

1 Like

My wife would “thumbs up” your post so bad.

2 Likes

yeah taking a break after chest day :3

I have done that already
Finding all skimp mogs is not easy but as you said the real important things always come first

2 Likes

I have been there - in the 'gotta cach ‘em all’ phase. But once you step out from that wheel - which is not always easy, you can start repairing self.

I could tell many stories of how I needed that cutting edge (were not call such back in days, but you get my point), I needed to do that dungeon for X, I needed that mount, I needed this and that

but once you get off from that train. It is kind of very satisfactory. I do not care if I ever kill Nzoth mythic, and instead enjoy our slack-a-mode raid schedule (1 to 2 days a week only and max 3h session per raid!). People saying “lol casual” does not impact me as - sure I am casual, so what.

Leaving the must be best mindset was best i ever did. Best for myself. For wow players, who would look my ‘main’ on armory I would be just some bad, but its ok
 I know I am bad, 
 compared to some, and afterall this is just a game.

I used to be addicted (no, really addiction in its purest clinical way and definition!) , but now I am in control. I log out when I want
 I control my hours in here. And darn I am proud of it.

I guess skipping SL is also a test
 for me. Can I truly control this game. It is a test. For me. No, unlike many i do not go to replace this game with another. It wouldn’t make sense. This would be also lying to self.

Gaming addiction is real and often substitute to something. Also replacing wow with ESO or FF would still be ‘following same addiction’ just different game.

Stay safe and stay healthy, folks.

3 Likes

Stay safe and healthy peeps

3 Likes

Thats also a way of looking at it i guess xD

1 Like

It’s okay - we know we are :wink:

1 Like

Thank goodness that wow is not half as addicting as it used to be, I don’t feel addicted to the game itself it’s more the social aspect that’s very convenient. You can go into a chatroom and know that there are people playing with similar world views & ideas as you. We’re a literal WoW hivemind, so when you’re feeling lonely & depressed you can always have some1 to type to at least, regardless if ya wanna troll a bit or goof off everybody is willing to put up with your goofyness.

I personally never took the game seriously enough to try-hard it at the highest lvl, never tried to join a gang of WoW no lifers because I knew that dedicating my life schedule to achieving something in this game is not worth my time, or rather I simply don’t care for it. I find having one d-bag over my shoulder irl telling me what to do is more than enough.

2 Likes

Feeling recharged and ready to play again, and best of all, spent much needed time with my doggo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

well its fun expansion :wink: so its easy to imagine :slight_smile: im for example gonna spend this whole evening doing darkshore on all my horde alts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had friends with irl stuff and all, until they “backstabbed” me.

1 Like

Never make friends with rogues
 just saying.

1 Like

True, wasn’t inspecting the irl armory.

Do you mean Grovi?

1 Like

Overplaying by grinding for something is easily reduced with time-gating, but you know how people react to that :slight_smile:

The irony however if it’s not blatant time-gating, people don’t complain as much about it (e.g. Coalescing Visions)

2 Likes

Psssh i wish xD

Stay safe, wear a mask. Talk to people.