Considering Some Semi-weekly World Quests Becoming Daily

Okay, the thing is: I don’t feel there needs to be a solution for you, honestly.
Would I like for us both to be happy in a perfect world? Yes of course.
But I don’t think that your specific issue can be solved in a realistic way without just being downright unfair towards other players.

Maybe the cap on renown would be the most fair thing.
But then the worthwhile-ness of WQs comes into question… (which is already going to be a thing once max renown is reached; that’s why the topic of Blizzard’s patch schedule is SO important to DF’s success. They CANNOT afford another Shadowlands patch schedule in any way, shape or form - optimally it should be as close to Legion’s patch cadence as they can get it).

Gear is very limited in world content thanks to a vocal part of the playerbase who can’t stand other people having nice things. So this won’t be a good reward very quickly (for instance I’m already not getting upgrades anymore from WQs).

Pitiful amounts honestly. Maybe if they reinstated the daily ‘callings’ but have those only reward gold (but a good amount of it).

Very meh. Unless it’s the time limited kind and that would probably be deemed ‘too much’.

Sure, but those will run out. Blizzard’s not going to create hundreds of such toys just for WQs.

I’d like to see a currency with which to upgrade a selection of gear higher than what you can ‘normally’ get through world content. Like, for instance, 3 pieces of gear. This currency doesn’t have to come fast; it could take a month or so for enough to upgrade 1 piece of gear for instance.

I just want something to work towards with the content I do. That’s what I enjoy.

Actually I am, someone suggested something earlier which was perfectly fine, to make the WQ’s last 3 days instead of 1 day but have new ones daily, that way both are happy.

I can make the exact same non-argument:

Okay, the thing is: I don’t feel there needs to be a solution for you, honestly.

Non-arguments again, which is all your camp can offer.

This isn’t an argument against what I said. I would be happy for you to have access to good gear too. In fact, that would be healthy for the game; casual players need a way to progress their gear too - as gear progression is the main form of progression in this RPG. I do not care for the arguments of elitists who feel their accomplishments are diminished because you have access to very-good-but-not-as-good gear.

I like that idea. See, now we are getting somewhere. It’s great what can happen when you are willing to approach my side of the argument in a genuine manner with genuine arguments, rather than offering non-arguments that do not address my issues at all.

I see your issues, you want more WQs; I do not want to have to do those so any reward structure in place should be good for you, but not worth it for me. And in fact, if we capped the renown, we could perhaps go back to the reputation tabards of WotLK and Cataclysm, so that I can just get some reputation as I do a M+ and still cap my reputation for the week.

This would make us both happy, now I wouldn’t have to do WQs AT ALL.

Checking will take 30 seconds

No it wont. Don’t assume people capabilitys.

1 Like

How long do you think checking a few icons on a map will take?

I am fully aware how long it will take me, hence my displeasure at the change. Must be nice having 20/20 vision and zero disabilitys.

1 Like

Terrible change. While the power you can get with the renown gear won’t be meaningful in a few weeks from now, getting reputation by completing all the available WQ is something a lot of people will feel like they need to do. When people feel like they need to do something it often becomes a chore, especially when its as often as everyday. It’s not even just reputation, world quests also reward gold, resources, cosmetics and gear that scales with your ilvl, so its not as if they are irrelevant that you can just ignore them because you don’t like WQ.

3 Likes

This is what your side of the argument always does, you project your opinions and presumptions onto others. You think we dislike this change cause we feel “compelled” to do the content, but we all have our own reasons for disliking this change.

Maybe it’d be better if you just tried to engage with those arguments, rather than projecting and filling in non-solutions to our problems.

Mind you I’m not the target group for this, but I genuinely don’t know why the heck do you need to keep up with people on this… ? You’ve got 2 years to get all the cosmetics there are, should be enough. I didn’t know this mindset existed outside of hardcore raiding/m+/rated pvp. I thought this was supposed to be the chill content. Now everyone can do it the way they prefer, daily and faster or whenever they feel like it and a little slower.

Was i not engaging by asking how long they think looking at a map will take?

No, you were making assumptions on their behalf of how long it would take.

Well yeah, its a 30 second task.
If it takes longer than that, its an individual problem that the game should not be designed around.

Put assistance tools in place where possible of course. But the games content should not be slowed down for those with problems looking at their map.

Damnit. I was finally feeling so calm and enjoying the game at a good pace without a million world quests poppin up every other minute.

I really like it the way it was and this is going to be a big downer for me and probably alot of people who’s gonna feel its back to the bad stuff it once was which made people quit in the first place.

But alright, solution. Add more world quests but make them only give rewards twice a week like the bi weekly system. Add as many quests as u want that just dont give any reward except quest completet text. I mean, theyre not mandatory right? We dont have to do them right? They dont give neither needed player power, gear or reputation right?

Man, it’s just been 7 days and it looks now we’re going back to the dark side.

3 Likes

I didn’t say nothing. I said ‘almost nothing’.
And for me that’s true…

I chose the other guy, but no… This is content that’s not fun as a solo player and I don’t want to be in a group all the time. That’s not why I play world content. So I’ll do the weekly and such, but I’m not going to be out there grinding elite mobs all day long. Not my idea of fun.

Boring. It’s fine as an ‘extra’ while you’re doing other things. But not as a main source of content.

Right now the centaurs are my least favourite group to earn renown for; their rewards are extremely lackluster to me and they don’t offer any storylines.

Like the dragonscale farm: Boring. It’s fine as an ‘extra’ while you’re doing other things. But not as a main source of content.

I dislike cooking and think it’s a waste of time.

I’m not a fan of this new profession system. It’s very convoluted and confusing and it’s also VERY timegated; so no, this is not a ‘daily’ thing.

I’m done. There’s a handful of daily quests - some fishing related ones and some centaur ones - but I’m not even sure the centaur ones are dailies; you get new ones when they move camp, not sure how often that is. But again; they’re my least interesting faction and I’m not very motivated to do their specific stuff.

As in the dragonriding races? Those are also WQs. So…
And no; I’m not doing them ‘for fun’. I don’t find them fun.

That’s what I’m saying. You need to say for me there’s nothing interesting after a week. You can’t make a blanket statement that there’s nothing to do in the open world when there’s plenty of stuff to do.

1 Like

Well, my day is ruined.

5 Likes

Oh come on… Of course I was speaking for myself. Jeez.

Your exact post was

For someone talking about themselves they don’t tend to use the wording “we”.

It certainly soured my upcoming enjoyment and expectation of the expansion. It feels like they are going backwards.

3 Likes