Constant Crashes - The memory could not be “read”

But… you can also use DLDSR in fullscreen (windowed) mode, if you switch desktop resolution to DLDSR one, you will see this resolution in-game. But it`s annoying :wink:

Yeah thats not gonna work out since i am using 2 displays and even DLDSR is causing issues at times when changing res.

Also its really annoying if i can’t just move my mouse over and do stuff on the 2nd display without tabbing out constantly and sometimes causing crashes.

Hi,
Is it so complicated for Blizzard to fix this bug ?

2 Likes

So i just tried to get DSR running in WoW, but no shot.
The extra resolutions only show up in window mode which is unusable ofc.

13th amd 14th gen intel cpu problems = 0 relevance to the issue on hand.

1 Like

Getting those crashes (first one today during the pre patch event) on an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / RTX 3080 as well.
When this happens again I try to set renderscale to 100% (have it at 99%).

Even if that is not the cause for the crashes it will cost you ALOT of performance.
See my long post above.

2 Likes

The same thing happens to me. I took a break after myth season 3 and have now logged in again a week after the event started. In the Pandaria Remix it worked without problems, at least at the beginning. I checked the game installation using the tool and had it “repaired”. Drivers are up to date and outdated addons have been deactivated or deleted. I haven’t been able to recognise any pattern so far, seems to be random, probably isn’t. Sometimes logging onto a different char helps. It would be nice if there was a fix or whatever soon. The PC is fit enough and up to date in software. All other games and applications run perfectly. In a post from 2022 I read about a similar problem that you should lower the Vcore… Thanks, but no, screwing down the PC to play WoW is really the last thing on my mind, as much as I love the game :smiley:

1 Like

unplayable -.- start game crash, start game → crash…

1 Like

That seemed to be it for me.

Ive been trying to read thru all the comments, and i prob missed something, i also set the render to 100% ingame, but game looks like sh*t now, any way to fix?

1 Like

You mean its not oversharpened anymore from fsr?
Also, what kind of antialiasing are you using? MSAA is the best quality.
Fxaa and cmaa just blurs.

I hope Blizzard fixes this before TWW releases because the graphics are ugly at 100%…

1 Like

Setting render scale to 100% seems to have fixed the access violation errors for me although it now crashes less frequently with wow freezing and a error message without any details.

Afraid I have the issue with Render Scale at 100%.

Do we get free game time for the duration of the bug?

Because if I want to play a game that always has a crash, then the main character is a bendicoot. :laughing:

Oh nice, could you please tell me what option did u choose in DSR? My monitor is 1440p :slight_smile:

Cant find anything called MSAA under Anti-Aliasing o.o

It’s called Multisample Techniques and then set it to 2, 4 or 8.
Also enable Multisample Alpha-Test.

Does Blizz have a planed fix for this?

1 Like