Constant Crashes - The memory could not be “read”

This is just incredible 5 crashes in 30minutes

Hi, also me from 2 days i’m experimenting continously crashes, in particular in front of Amirdrassil Raid’s Portal during the Event of Vyranoth and going out of Valdrakken.

I’ve a 3060 Ti and a Intel i7 10700f and before the last patch I experimented this issue only on 4k resolution.

At 2k resolution, which i’m actually using, i’ve never experimented the above issue until the latest patch.

Blizz has some Fix Timeline proposal?

Soooo… I just set my render scale back to 200%, played for an hour, no crashes so far.

EDIT: Went to superbloom, tried to plant a seed, and CRASH! :smiley: Still not fixed

I really hope the bug will be fixed as soon as possible, maybe Wednesday because our WOW is really too ugly and when I think that The War Within is coming I find it very worrying and I want live my first adventures in TWW with this bug fixed because for TWW I want a beautiful graphic…

Wow, that’s crazy. Went from 144 FPS to 290 by changing Renderscale from 99% to 100%. Thanks for the hint.

1 Like

Dear Felranys.

For a past aprox. 10 days I am experiencing the crash on the Character selection screen.

Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION - The instruction at “0x00007ff723eac13b” referenced memory at “0x0000000000000004”.
The memory could not be “read”.
ProcessID: 4840
ThreadID: 24200

I am experiencing the same crash on my Desktop as well on my Laptop.
I have tried all the advices, even having a technician looking at my computer.

Is there anything else, I could do?

As well, I missed those 10 days of play time, which is very frustrating.

Nevermind, happened again.

And it’s getting worse… 2 crashes in 45 minutes.

Blizzard

5d

Hey folks!

Just chipping in to say that your reports are being looked into, and with another possible workaround that should not require disabling the “Advanced Work Submit” and “Optional GPU Features”.

In short, resetting the Render Scale for the game to exactly 100% may in some configurations prevent crashes related to this specific situation without the need of disabling any other option.

I can not guarantee this to be working - or to be optimal - in every single scenario, but may help with the loss of graphics quality that some may notice when disabling Advanced Work Submit and Optional GPU Features :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, does not work for me. I have open 2 tickets, no support so far.

Why would you link a blue post from this thread?
Also, since yesterday I even get this error occasionally when logging in.

Lets hope it gets sorted on this weeks maintenance. Poor communication from Blizzard tbh.I know they said they were investigating, but would be nice of them to let us know when they plan to fix it.

1 Like

I can see u have 13th gen Intel system.

Update your BIOS, set Intel default CPU profiles. I am sure its the problem. If u r lucky your CPU isnt degraded yet (maybe yes).

You can google for this problem (13th-14th Intel CPU instability). I am affraid its not WoW error, its your CPU.

Let’s stop creating a psychosis on Intel processors and alarming people unnecessarily. The problem is with wow’s graphics settings and has nothing to do with the processors. And anyway it also happens on AMD processors, so we’re all happier.

It has to be Blizzard problem.
If I use WOW1 (EU) or (US) starter edition, then the game runs normally. Only if I use my account I get the ACCESS_VIOLATION on the character login screen.
Also, the I have the same problem on my Desktop as well on my Laptop. Before the update, all was working.

I am afraid you didn’t read what people wrote, especially the ones who run a AMD system.

Hello,
Since last wednesday I have the same crash as you, that is to say this message “ACCESS_VIOLATION” and last wednesday to not get a crash I have resetting the Render Scale for the game to exactly 100% and no problème.
Now since this morning with the last update I’ve put to Render Scale is exaclty at 98 or 96% and no bug.
I play with a freind of mine and him also don’t meet the crash and together we have playing today in many dongeons and quests, almost 8 hours and no crash.
I hope that Blizzard have fix this bug… No wait an see…

My PC config:
ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
Intel Core i9-10900X (3.7 GHz / 4.5 GHz)
32 Go (4x 8 Go) TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 F4-3600C17Q-32GTZR
ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 ROG-STRIX-RTX2080-O8G-GAMING - 1
1 SSD “Samsung 850 EVO 2Tb”.
1 SSD “Samsung 850 EVO 1Tb”.
3 SSD “Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1 each”
ROG RYUJIN 360 Liquid CPU COOLER
ROG THOR 1200w Platinum
ASUS 34" ROG Swift PG348Q @ 3440 x 1440 pixels.
Windows 10 64 bits
Last drivers Nvidia: Version du pilote 555.99.

We did read what people wrote, but we shouldn’t have to change things and make the game look worse for it to work properly.

1 Like

With the latest wow patch/hotfix/server maintenance from today, and the latest nvidia driver update (560.81), the problem seems to be solved.

I testet it for 1h and no crash. With all settings set to high again and Advanced Work Submi + Optional GPU Features.
Before I had a crash after 2-5 minutes after login to a character.

1 Like

Here my WOW work fine, Blizzard a great thanks for this fix.
I use the Nvidia driver update (560.81) and my WOW is stable and since this morning no crash and my Render Scale at 98 or 96% and no crash.
Thanks for your feedback.