"corrupted" replacing "titanforging"

With current numbers you want the opposite, having multiple lower tier corruptions is better than a few high ones.

This is getting too complex haha. Guess I’ll do the old, do what wowhead tells me. Then after a while copy the best rogue in the game.

1 Like

Nonsense. I think this is actually a good idea. A good player with corruption can ramp up the difficulty of the game a little by keeping the corruption stats on his gear.

Gear as it currently is is boring as hell, with just stats and nothing else.

[quote]Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

If this is going to be in the game in the new expansion I might actually be done with the game.[/quote]

Why?

And it can be disabled, you know.

Not that I can see. All the friends who went to play classic have either quit again or have returned to retail.

2 of the shown corruptions involves moving out from a zone and running away from some hostile npc that spawns.

Great and well thought design with classes that already get heavily punished for lack of mobility like warlocks :), I mean the concept is interesting but the implementation is again not thought at all with certain specs and classes in mind.

Im gonna act like the devils advocate here and say this is better than titanforge because its pretty much a gurranted upgrade no matter what stats you are using.

And I like the idea of balancing the downsides of corruption vs the benefits.

As long as they keep it of weapons and trinkets.

Inb4 method world first with 14 BM hunters :joy:

Another complex and over engineered system that on the face of it, doesn’t seem fun. Just a chore to work out what’s good and what isn’t.

Willing to be proven wrong, but I doubt I will be.

2 Likes

not really

gear have do do multiple good rolls to be an upgrade

1. roll coruption level
  2. roll increase level
    3)roll instrease type (you want bis)
    4)roll socket
    5)roll wf
    6)roll tertiary

have fun simming all possible combinations for each piece :slight_smile:

The system just seems complex for the sake of it being complex. Look at what happened with the crucible of storms items and their ‘unique’ effects. a few were useful the rest were scrap fodder. Can only imagine it being the same here.

Just another level of rng

Its basicly benthic bonuses with a new name, and the offensive ones are ALL upgrades.

And I already sim everything. :weary:

This describes accurately almost all systems in BfA. The whole design team seems to be totally disconnected from what makes a game fun. Big talk, very little result to show seems to be their motto.

5 Likes

I like it. and ill comment after triyn it

possibile, but there are a billion better solutions that “rng everything”, from farmable upgrade token or stats reforge token, to achievement & collectable items and so on.

piling rng over rng is not the solution, unless blizz problem is “how can i annoy more my loyal non casual playerbase which is my stable subs income source?”

No not really.
Just look at the bhentic gear we have now, the 3% extra crit boost feet with socket trumps easily stuff with 20+ ilvl.
It’s going to be the same for the corrupted item, solid bonus on low ilvl item beats higher ilvl item.

1 Like

Well, if I ‘disable’ it, I’ll have nothing. No TF, no corruption, nothing.
How is that an improvement for me? It really isn’t; there’s only downsides for me with this system. So I’d be going from ‘a system that I didn’t chase after, but was a cool surprise’ to: Surprise crap! Better go cleanse that crap!

Yeah ehm… thanks Blizz… for giving me a NEGATIVE LOOT EXPERIENCE.
:man_shrugging:t3:

Not to mention the fact that getting an ability that will actually be useful to ME will also be gated by RNG. Yay. :tired_face:

The only way that this system COULD be a positive is if an item can be cleansed of its negatives, but not its positives. Too early to tell if that’s the case since it’s not even known yet how cleansing will work.

1 Like

Father,is TF finally gone?
No my son,Ion added new fun element calld corruption and you can cleanse it if you buy new mount from blizzard store.
I see…

4 Likes

I will never understand this point. Gear is a tool, not a reward to me. Heck, technically HC raiders and below would likely need those itemlevels more than mythic raiders.

I really never had a problem that pretty much none of the gear in the Palace was of any use to me. I don’t raid to get better gear. I raid to defeat the content.

While I don’t give a rats as about what itemlevel mythic raiders have, it just doesn’t make sense to me that it “rewards” better gear.

I don’t gear through LFR and normal either, even if it gives me better gear. I don’t enjoy it, so good riddance I can gear through content I actually enjoy. I still outgear heroic through Mythic+, but it doesn’t bother me at all, because I enjoy raiding heroic(I also enjoy mythic+ in periods).

If it’s to motivate me into mythic raiding, it won’t work. I don’t raid mythic for some very important reasons. 1. I don’t like the strict 20 player count, 2. I am often exhausted, and when I am, my brain will be at “half capacity” and I am in those situations not a viable raider in situations above heroic level. 3. I am not willing to waste time min-maxing, when I’d rather play the game when I do have time for it. 4. I will not grind on command to be at the level mythic raiders seemingly require.

Been there, done that. I am too outdated/old to have any interest in that playstyle anymore. I just want to pick a difficulty and stick with that, and I don’t do so based on the itemlevel of the loot there.

they cater to elitists and trolls
tf was nice system, why remove?
everyone who asked for it to be removed never gave a proper reason, just trolling

It’s pretty meh in my opinion, i do not like titanforging as it is, but i do not like drawbacks on gear either.

Joke system. Every time they try to root out a problem in this game they create two more. Can I get a hydra in the chat?