"corrupted" replacing "titanforging"

Back in pandaria you actually had to do BGs in order to get the cloak. Anyway nobody is forcing you to do anything, but i find this desire to chop the game into small self-contained mini-games very detrimental.

Stop trolling.

And that was received so well… Oh wait…

You ARE forced to be able to finish visions for one. And that’s tied to all kinds of stuff. So that argument is worthless.

It’s easy to say you’re fine with it when its content you like and would normally already be doing anyway, isn’t it? Selfish.

And if you’re able to finish those visions without the cloak upgrade, you’ll be ok with the upgrade path through raid?

The fact that you’re unable to even conveive that someone would have an objective point of view says more about you than about me.
At the end of the day this is speculation here.

I Will agree but I also feel like I personally wanted the removal of this rng ontop of rng ontop of rng
This new system while better in the way you describe is to me atleast even more demotivating to keep my main up to date
Another hamsterwheel I have to participate in or fall behind

(I’m gonna fall behind BTW)

There’s also the thing that it adds more RNG to an encounter and I know how much people love to have RNG to an already hard encounter and they also interact amazingly bad with the existing Affixes and M+ in general. I can just imagine the “hilarious” synergy some of the corrupted effects will have with say Grievous.

1 Like

Well, I probably wouldn’t bother then. I mean; I wouldn’t LIKE it, but I wouldn’t be angry.

You do NOT have an objective point of view.
So there’s that.

How do you mean this exactly?
Do you mean the way of upgrading is speculation?
Well yeah; I’m just voicing my concern if this WOULD be the case.

If you mean my claim of you is speculation:
You’re not giving me any reason to think otherwise.
Explain to me please why it’s okay then if one certain activity would be used for upgrading the cloak, but not another.

And that reminds me. You said this:

But for YOU it wouldn’t be. You could totally just upgrade that cloak by raiding. Have fun with that!
And I could upgrade my cloak by doing content that I actually liked.

So again… How is it a good thing to force one type of content over others?

Are you actually suggesting all games to follow the same concepts?

Removing diversity?

Yeah… I have a really bad feeling I’ll be going on a long hiatus the next patch :frowning: . I don’t want to, but I’ve already lost the will to get both corrupted gear, or the coming cloak. Trying hard to not be negative about it. I mean, the corruption does fit the theme… I just hate that it comes at the cost of titanforging, and another generic legendary questline I hoped to never see again after WoD and MoP.

2 Likes

I don’t think that it’s going to be such a problem.
Groups doing high lvl keys surely don’t want the extra rng (atleast not with too much corruption), and I can’t imagine many stacking their corruption too high in PUGs. Afterall most players would rather do less dmg if it means that they also have to deal with less extra mechanics.
The only group of players I really could see, that would really play with high corruption, would be Mythic raiders when you really need the extra dmg.

That depends on a lot of factors. Because “oops I died to this because I stacked Corruption.” or "I died because I was unable to get out of the ticking VZ in time because I stacked Corruption, or “silly me, I accidentally made it impossible for the melee DPS to DPS and we have to wait until the boss does a huge VZ to move,” is simply an unacceptable loss in trade for 40% extra crit damage.

This is a bad idea and since it’s applied randomly it can lead to upgrades being binned simply because they would stack the Corruption too high. In this way the cure is significantly worse than the disease. The correct way to solve WF and TF would be to remove WF and TF from the game completely. In fact remove all random stuff from items, no more random chance of them getting sockets either. socket goes back into counting for the item budget.

All items now exists in two variants, one without socket and one with socket and a corresponding decrease in a secondary stat.

If it’s this much disliked just tear off the band-aid instead if doing it slowly and administer all those replacements.

1 Like

I already stopped raiding, for now. If i would quit WoW tomorrow, my opinion about game design would NOT change. I would say the same thing about a game i never played.
Again, you have very narrow view, just cause your comments here are based on selfish reasons, you can’t imagine someone else not doing the same.

This leads to your views of what constitutes “forced” content. Yes we have more content now, in both quantity and diversity, and while efforts were made to satisfy everyone, there are still unique benefits for each. Now if you want something, then it’s forced content.

I’ll just stop replying because it seems you are truly clueless.
Do you actually understand any of the words I’ve written?

:tired_face:

Anyway… Back to topic:

Corruption is bad. Very, very bad.

I’ll reserve judgement. But on the surface I like it.

It removes “luck within drops” as being the primary instigator of progression. In an RPG, progression should feel meaningful, choice driven, and have a close link to player input. At least in my opinion.

Titan forging is the opposite of that it rewards a dice roll.

Corruption comes with a gambit. You can reap the rewards if you pay the price. Your luck isn’t rewarded by giving you an undebatable advantage. Rather, it offers you a gambit, do you want some nice bonuses at a cost? It promotes choice In achieving power. Therefore I like it.

Literally all content up to endgame is predicated on choice. “which WQs will I do/which mythics/heroics will I run/shall I do soem Island expos/quest rewards” but currently at endgame that is reduced because it turns into “throw my dice and hope for the best” and the only ones who get close to the top without this luck, are mythic raiders. And people have the audacity to claim corruption is going back to raid or die. Are people actually serious.

A lowbie who can handle their corruption gear will be able to outperform people in higher tier raiding gear that is uncorrupted. That is reward for risk taken. The lowbie need not even raid to do this. If anything this allows more power for more characters irrespective of the their content… If they are willing to take the risks.

If they’re not, then they have to stick to conventional gearing. Ie the content you do gives you the gear it deserves.

1 Like

Yep, i suddenly can’t understand english words anymore. Sounds like a conclusion an intelligent person would reach.

Wrong.

As does corruption. But then there’s more rolls.
Oh and negative effects. Which is not fun.

Ehhmmmmm

You did just say that didn’t you… and now you contradict yourself.

Which sucks.
I want TF back.

You’re drawing conclusions and making presumptions. Not taking into account what I actually said. So I’m not going to continue debating about it then. It’s like talking to someone standing in front of me whilst I’m holding a brown dog and they just keep saying: you have a blue dog. :crazy_face:

Okay, for some dialogue, can you reinforce your points rather than simple pouty commentary or just “wrong”. “wrong” is not an argument. Neither is “it’s not fun”.

I did not contradict myself. It removes luck, because the lowbie has to choose to work with the gear that is corrupted and play around the affixes to get the benefit. The luck provides the opportunity, but not the power. The power comes from the execution of it successfully. A lowbie who fails the affixes will NOT get the rewards in terms of performance because they will be off-mob or dead.

So yes, it moves it from luck. Currently TF has no downside. You lose nothing. Luck rewards you with power. It is an unconditional gain, corruption is not. That’s what I meant. This is why it is superior.

1 Like

I’ve done so multiple times in this thread as well as other threads about this topic. Please feel free to scroll and read.

It doesn’t.

You STILL have to get that corrupted item.
That corrupted item STILL has to have that 1 affix you want most.
That affix STILL has to (preferably) be of the highest tier available.
Sorry to break it to you, but that’s still RNG. MORE RNG than TF even.

Which is awesome.
That’s how ‘rewards’ should work. Not punish you for getting a ‘reward’.

This is why it’s a crap system that I hope never sees the light of day on live servers.

I don’t even know why you guys try to debate with him. It has been clear in all the discussions regarding doing a single easy mythic dungeons (not even M+), LFR (adjustements), ML and WF/TF that we are all stupid according to him and his and only his view is correct. You won’t reach anything. It’s like talking to a wall and he’s the reason I had to take a break (resulting in losing rank 3 and still grinding it…).

It’s all about his experience if 90% say it’s bad but he and a few others say it’s good we should do his wishes. Most people are in favor/neutral about the WF/TF > corrupting change. But at the very least there is a huge sight of relief we won’t have to deal with forging anymore for atleast 1 patch. Fixing so many stuff like M+ 10 being the best gearing method even mythic raiding due to TF chances. Or getting so lucky you get BiS stat and max TF stuff before the tier even started, happend two tiers to me! Was fun looting pants from Uldir… Yeah not because they were just mogs, give it away or vendor.

1 Like