Crossrealm BG and Russian servers

Особенно если учесть самое популярное имя в Лондоне, то ты прав:)

1 Like

no that is not what i am saying as it was not what i wrote. that was regarding the used definition of europe.

a nobel house of foreign origin.

that is not true and it’s still not related to removing them from eu battlegroup.

the reasons to remove them:
they do not pay the same amount for sub.
their characters are not written in the same alphabet.
they are not kept in check by the same gms.

apart from battlegrounds they are as separate as NA/China. I think most people would rather be teamed with/against NA players than russian realm playing russians.

English, bro. Google translate is not your friend.

You dont seem to understand the fact that their servers are based on GEOGRAPHICAL reasons.

Nothing else.

Well, the real question is why Blizzard won’t host servers inside Russia. It would make more sense than forcefully pushing them into the Amsterdam servers.

Cause they dont have servers there, and probably cause they dont want to have their servers there.

Question is why though. They’ve got servers in China via Tencent. No reason they can’t work out something similar with a Russian company, if they don’t want to host it themselves.

Europe is a political term. There is no european tectonic plate. the origin of the term is extremly loose.

Yes it would make more sense to link NA English speaking realms with EU english speaking realms, so we dont have to play with germans, french or russians.

In China there are servers for political reasons. There are not many users in Russia, and the delay is small. What are the reasons for installing the server?

The continents was named and divided many many years prior to Blizzard setting up their servers for WoW.

It wouldnt make sense to put the russians who for the most part live inside the european continent, having to play on servers that are in Aisa, together with China and taiwan ect, who is on the complete opposite side of the earth from where the russian population is.

This is not about language or culture, but where the people playing are located.

Well, because the delay isn’t small. Only in a very, very small part of Russia is the delay small.
If they can’t provide proper servers for their Russian demographic as a multi-billion dollar company, then something is very wrong in priorities.

yea but eurasia yea

latency is not a big issue anymore, especially not with 400 ms batching

It was a huge problem for a long time in retail. It was almost entirely fixed though, but there are still outliers. Because not all of Russia’s player base plays only from Moscow.

UK players also pay a different price from the rest of Europe, unless that has changed recently.

Again, this should be solved by automatic translitteration

Since when does the GMs keep anyone in check?

Most alliance players loves being matched against Russians. Our win rate is significantly higeher against them.

yea so east coast NA would make more sense to link with western/northern europe than russia

This as well. There’s really no reason not to have implemented this already.

so alliance only play bgs to win vs less competitive players?

the grp i queue with much prefer to meet alliance premades than some pugs that stop trying before the gates open

This is just semantics. Europe is very clearly defined as area bordered by Ural and Caucasus mountain ranges, Caspian, Black and Mediterranian seas, Atlantic and North Oceans as well as most outlaying islands.
Majority of Russian citizens live in Europe. Vast majority of Russian WoW players live in Europe. I myself play from Moscow region with under 60 ping, which I find reasobably tolerable.

no the definition of europe is the land connected to thrace, which incidentally happens to include asia minor

40-50, it is big?