Crossrealm BG and Russian servers

Is there a reason why Asia´s biggest country plays on same cross realm as European countries? Playing against Russian´s is often hard on melee as their latency is generally higher than with players on same continent. Should not be that hard to move them to Asian cross realm as their servers are already separated due to language and alphabet barrier.

Sucks to not be able to backstab target next to you.

2 Likes

Most of russias population is in Europe.

Do you want to move spain and france to Asia as well?

3 Likes

their country isn´t 80 % on Asian continent so can´t understand your point.

78% of the russian population live in Europe

3 Likes

Russian servers have been joint to EU servers since 2013 and Blizzard has maintained radio-silence on the issue for 7 years.

No response to the imbalances in language and culture. Just accept it and continue to funnel your money to us.

I used to believe it was a problem in Retail, but the Russians I have met in Classic have been awful. Like the worst teams I have seen in 30+ years of gaming. Either they are bots, don’t care, don’t know how to play or a combination of the three.

I won’t turn down the free wins. Gotta get that rep.

Im just curious, why Spain and France?

They also have language spesific servers like russia does

Russia is the largest country in the world, okay? Move yourself.

I miss having the Russians mixed into the same AV as me. Atleast the alliance had some healers then.

by some definitions.

they are very distinct from the rest of europe. they are the successors to the mongol empire and have a very high asian admixture. russia’s history of trying to move west to reach europe has just paradoxically moved europe further west

By the only definition that matters.

By the same logic Spain and Italy could be called successors to the French Empire. That doesn’t make them French.

the only definition that completely devalues the word.
it excludes a large amount of people / nations more similar to the non russian parts of that definition of europe.

it’s not nearly the same.
spain existed before they were conquered/occupied for a short period of time by france. italy the same.

russia on the other hand was a nation formed by a mongol subject, which proceeded to go onto conquer the steppe from which those nomads came from.

all of russias european neighbours have a history of deep distrust and viewing them as alien.

their subscription costs are also lower, blizzard clearly doesnt view them as european as their realms do not appear in the eu list / europeans cant make characters there.

europeans should not meet characters with cyrillic names either, latin alphabet names are not allwoed on russian realms.

from what ive heard their ingame rules are also different to that of EU realms, though i guess there might be an issue with russian GMs handling those accounts instead of EU gms.

1 Like

Speaking of names… Suggestion: Allow Arabic & Persian alphabets in names

1 Like

So what you are saying is that because a large portion of the Russian population is of Asian origin, the Russian servers shouldn’t be allowed in the European battlegroup?

There are valid reason to ask for the Russian servers to be removed from the EU battle group. Demographics is not one of them.

A subject formed by a noble house which had already ruled various Rus principalities for hundreds of years prior to the Mongol invasion. It still doesn’t make them any more Mongol/Asian.

Most of Europe have a history of deep dustrust towards their neighbours. How is this an argument to remove them from the European battlegroup?

That would be better solved by Blizzard implementing automatic translitteration.

Our ingame rules differs depending on which GM you encounter…

It’s really weird that they haven’t done this already.

:rofl:

Are such statements even legal?

Of course. Also: Suggestion: Allow Arabic & Persian alphabets in names

How is that relevant to this thread at all?

Almost 80% of the russian population live in the European part of russia, where they ancestors come from dont have anything to do with wether they should be part of the european client or not in World of Warcraft.

Most American players have their ancestors come from Europe, we should just merge the NA and EU servers then?
And if we go far enough back, all of us come from Africa and the middle east, should we just move the entire wow servers down there?

Stop mixing political differences with geographical.

Russian, Spanish and French are all the same in that they have their own language spesific servers, and are divided from the rest of the european players due to language barrier.
When you queue up for a BG, you wont be teamed up with these players, you can only meet them as a enemy team, cause they require a full BG with the same language to enter a BG.
So i dont understand the reasoning for wanting to move anyone out of european servers, other than political based hatred for a group of players.

Edit: you can meet these players if they are playing on a English realm, but the ones who do that are for the most part fluent in english to begin with, or they wouldnt be playing there. And its no different from europeans playing on a American server and vica versa

1 Like