Current servers in classic era

Hi :wave:

I am wondering will classic era servers go to a few servers and no cross realm and rebuild communities like it was originally upon release?

Kind regards Bws

7 Likes

I doubt it. But most are connected.

2 Likes

No plans on that at the moment. However, most realms are connected in clusters, the biggest being the Firemaw cluster.

This is a tough cookie for us to sell as newbies check era servers and see them all deserted, when in fact they are clustered.

An advantage of this is that you can have a horde char in one server within the cluster and and ally char on another within the cluster and have de facto characters on both factions. Theres a lot of cross faction collaboration and players on both sides because of this, which I think is pretty nice.

Just log in to Firemaw and you will see what I am talking about.

2 Likes

to quote myself:

EDIT: Typos - no need to cite those as well :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for that!

1 Like

Hi all again :wave:

yeah I understand all are connected but it’s miss leading to new players as they probably thinking it’s dead but if blizzard aren’t going to reduce the amount of servers they have now, maybe give free transfers for all realms so we can say join Firemaw then instead of it all saying low it would be like medium to high on the list.

Kind regards Bws

1 Like

I think they should move everyone to 4 or 5 realms and close the rest, like they are doing with TBC but even harsher.

I even have a term for it, condensing.

3 Likes

They would still say Low, maybe medium for the PvP server if we had just 4, as long as we go by the new numberings where anything below meta-level is low-pop :wink:

fully agree, I think there should be only 1 PvP and 1 PvE server per region (US/EU) everything else shouldn’t really exist.

9 Likes

We should let at least the PvE-RR server survive too. It’s mentally easier to close servers than to make new ones, and the hc community would like a real low-pop server :slight_smile:

Yeah they might say low for some servers like PvE-RP but the PvP server / PvE server probably would be medium population.

1 Like

Right now theres 22 Burning Crusade Servers and 38 (!) Classic Era Servers.
Im still waiting for some kind of Bluepost saying anything about Classic Era Servers. But i guess i can forget about that lol.
Why not merge EU in 1 PvE 1 PvP and 1 RP server so Players can finally connect again?

Edit: These Realm Connections are just stupid, since there are 3 different Clusters for EU PvE Realms and 5 Clusters for PvP Servers.

3 Likes

How do you get 3? English, French, German, and Russian = 4
It would be great if they told that the realms were clustered in the log-in screen :wink:

Even forgot about the French and Russian lol.
German is Everlook + Lakeshire and then theres Razorfen who is not connected at all. So it is actually 5 Different Serverclusters and all of them got Players who partially arent even aware of the possibility to transfer…

Why should I transfer - in EU English where the servers are all merged it cost me 25 € per character?
And If I was not English, I would not - as per Celebras drama - move to Pyrewood Village, which is the only target-server.
A better solution would be to make tabs below . Like English PvP 1, English PvP 2 (merge those two already :wink: ), English PvE and so on. As it is now, it’s rather confusing even for old rats like me :wink:

1 Like

Hi :wave:

I agree you shouldn’t have to pay to transfers and just remove majority of the servers and have a very few say 2 PvP servers for English, Russians then have 2 RP servers and 2 Normal servers.

Kind regards Bws

You mean like this?

English already has 2 PvP, 1 PvE, 1 RP.PvP and 1 RP-PvE as the servers are merged.

And FCT from all (!) realms to Firemaw and Pyrewood Village (and those two are the only ones without FCT)

Apparently they are already preparing the next server murder… :pensive:

Interesting that for the era realms, the PVP part for Zandalar Tribe wins over the RP part. :thinking:

1 Like

Not really, as both HW and Cele have FCTs to Pyrewood (PVE).