Dark Ranger as a new hero class / skin

I totally forgot about the void elf heritage armor, that one looks almost like swim costume.

Yes ! Yes! And Yes ! This is not only a very popular suggestion, but makes sense with the story, with Sylvanas or without the Forsaken will always vouch for their allies in death, the Forsaken are the only ones that did not recruit an allied race, why not announce Undead Elf , and a class to go with it, I will be so happy, this is the first expansion we get Male Dark Rangers, and new voicelines, this has my support :100:

3 Likes

Yeah lets do that, add another hero class for elves and 2-3 more elf races because there is never enough of them and than the game will become totally amazing. We will have a total domination of elves in both factions.

Why not? Lol like it makes sense the story, the only elf that did not make sense was Void

2 Likes

nathanos was literally the first and only human ranger tho, so even undead dont make much sense

If there would be a dark ranger class it probably would be elves only again like the demon hunter. Belfs being the original rangers and nelfs while technically not a ranger they do have extremely skilled archers being raised in darkshore

Necromancer(Shadowlands theme) and Tinker (not gnome or gob exclusive) are my main wishlist classes.
Dont like racial exclusivity, Demon Hunters are the only exception that I will allow and Horde players will roll their eyes on having more elves in their faction anyway.

Necromancer trolls could be witchdoctors and shadowhunters even, how cool does that sound?

What about a human+dwarf having a turret fight with vulpera+ orc?

So much potential for a lot of races

1 Like

And with the flip of a switch the entire undead human population of Lordaeron turned into undead elves of Quel’Thalas.

1 Like

They better make a quest or something so i can turn into the dark ranger.
else NO DEAL!

1 Like

hardly doubt it will be new class, I bet it will new class skin.

The tinker class was leaked by a leak that can’t be true anymore, as it was about a raid we’re not getting in 8.3. So I have my doubts about this class.

Taliesin and Evitel talked about “skins” for classes, such as dark rangers for hunters, necromancers for warlocks, “holy” shadow priests on light forged etc. While I really love the idea, I don’t know if Blizz is doing this as it’s an idea proposed by them. You can find that video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcoK4OXKTw

1 Like

I like the idea of another Ranger. But please, PLEASE not an Elf-Onlychar. I already cant play Demonhunters because of that restriction. I really dont like Elves.

2 Likes

Come on, stop this elven fest already.

1 Like

probably wont happen yet anyways, some sort of Tinkerer would make more sence now, considering mechagnomes and goblins fiddling arround Mechagon, most likely a range class, whit explosives and stuff I think.

They don’t have to be a fully elven class. Dark rangers if you think about it is an Undead sort of class. It mostly fits Undead only. But it could (Key word being “could”) also fit other races like Blood elves/Void elves, Darkspear/Zandalari(Shadowhunters i suppose?) Worgen and Night elves. If you want to, could even just limit it to Undead and Worgen if needs be. But it doesn’t needs elves to make the class work/function.

People list Blood elves and Night elves only because Sylvanas’ dark rangers are mostly undead Blood elves and Night elves.

1 Like

The only way I’d get excited about the dark rangers is if the alliance would get sentinels instead, effectively acting like ye olde paladin VS shaman dynamic.
Good thing we’re likely finally gettin a tinker class, no more would I have to RP a tinker on a hunter or a rogue.

2 Likes

i have 1 problem with what you stated.

if you did darkshore questline and wf you should know how dissapointed at Tyrande forsaken night elves are for just letting them die.

imo darkshore is one of main starting point for adding forsaken night elves into horde .

i bet diamonds against nuts that they will announce it during blizzcon as a playable allied race with pre-order of 9.0 just like they did with void elves 2 years ago.

and that it will be direckly connected with dark ranger as new class .

honestly wouldnt surprise me if they went with 2 classes this time around since they have to hit really hard for 9.0 . both faction specific vanilla style - dark ranger for horde with forsaken n elves as only class that can play it and tinker for allience with mechanognomes as only race which can be them .

1 Like

I honestly can’t see a new class added in next expansion.
They would have to add another hero class to evade the problem with Legion’s class halls and the artifact weapon. And a 3rd one followed so shortly would downplay the meaning of the name a bit.

I think it’s more likely that we’ll see either class skins, or new class/race combinations.
Dark ranger, necromancer, tinker, Sentinel, or most other wished classes could also work for single existing specs.
And for some of them it would otherwise be hard to come up with multiple specs.

Simple: human.

Can we please STOP please STOP suggesting elf specific classes? You already have plenty. CUT THIS ELF NONSENSE

2 Likes

More like… luckily

2 Likes