Dark Ranger as a new hero class / skin

World of Elfcraft

It’s almost xmas, so can’t blame them for needing more elves

Aah, I remember watching that video some time ago. They must have read the leaks too.

Well, the next expansions should be the class expansion since this expansion it was about adding races.

Or are they going to change up the pattern? They’d probably have a lot to make for then since the buzz and hype of a new class is what gets the attention of a lot of people in the first place, promising better ‘class balance’ or ‘revamps’ just doesn’t sound as marketable.

They came up with the idea afaik, I don’t remember any leaks about this.

Yes, I agreed that was a good solution, as you can read on my reply to Mylee, that suggested the same :black_heart:

2 Likes

I don’t think they would personally. I think what we’ll more likely see is a chunk of blood elves turn into forsaken so they can be the “edgy” Horde elves.

Because people play undead to play undead if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Btw I realized I should post this…
I know it’s really cool to just yell ‘‘no more Elves’’ instead of actually saying something constructive, but here’s what I have to say:

• If you don’t like the hero class ideia that’s super fine, but people have been wanting Undead Elves since before we even had Pandaren.
    It is possible to add them in many different ways:
    1 - Dark Ranger hero class
    2 - Alternative skin for Undead or Blood Elf (and even Night Elf?)
    3 - Quest chain for Blood Elf Hunters to become a Dark Ranger themselves
    4 - Undead High Elf allied race
    5 - Whatever is in your mind that you could share

• If they do go with this Dark Ranger ideia, again, we can expand it to like Human and Undead and not just Elves, or they could even pull more races for it in some way.

I never stated that I am against other new additions such as Tinkers or Necromancers as I’m all for new options.
And I’m also not against more, let’s say, Dwarves, Trolls, [insert here your favourite race].

So please before outraging on more Elves consider making a topic with your non-Elf related ideias and I can go there speak my mind and give my support.

5 Likes

I hate when people say elf exclusive classes like, these are the same people that complain about the lore being messy, they want Pandaren Demon Hunters, if it makes sense to the race accept it , if its exclusive to the race accept it.

Dark Rangers will be a good addition since day one people wanted DK , DH , and Dark Rangers , Blizzard knows this

3 Likes

which day one? I don’t remember this day one

1 Like

And why is it so diffcult for you to accept instead that people are fed up with seeing only elf stuff being implemented?

2 Likes

Even if not day 1 people have been wanting them for far too long at this point so it’s not that much different :upside_down_face:

And please I’d like you to read my last post, I think you definitely must.

1 Like

hopefully this instead of tinkers -_- I hate huntards because of their pets, dark ranger sounds so much more interesting

3 Likes

This is false
I thought Mag’har Orcs, Zandalari Trolls, Dark Iron Dwarves, etc… were all implemented but looks like it’s all an illusion and we got just Elves this whole time, how silly of me to think there are non-Elf additions, my apologizes.

3 Likes

I don’t think we will ever get a new class again.

1. There are already too many playable classes and with each having 3 specs on average balancing them is already hard.

2. The new class wouldn’t have any artifacts or class hall in the Legion content.

As for the dark ranger, I certainly do not want yet another class which is limited to elves only.

Yes this is my consructive two cents, it is about time that other races get some loving. So let the next class be tinker and be gnomes and goblins ONLY to start with for example.
And the fact that there TOO MANY elves in game kills the variety of the game and makes it boring.

Oh I am so sorry that you are not able to see that elves have two main races and two allied races and they also have their own unique class, which is the only race-restricted class in the whole game.

Why are pixels making you reach to a boiling point lol, why are you in a suggestion thread, why do you care to comment, if a class like necromancrr comes out dont u think it will be undead orc troll belf human dwarf worgen? This is a Dark Rangers thread

2 Likes

I think Dark Ranger would have only 2 specs… (a melee and a ranged).

You have a point here, but I’m sure they could find a solution to this.

I understand this is an issue, which is why I think Human and Undead are strong suggestions that could be implemented, I did not see that when I was creating this topic but I highly agree with it now. More people would be happy with the addition like this.

1 Like

No the only new class that would make sense is tinkers.

Dark rangers are like a discount hunter + some dk abilities which isn’t unique at all.

1 Like

The classes have gone like this:

Hero class (edgey and dark themed) - > normal class - > hero class (edgey and dark themed) - >

We are due a “normal class”, even if it starts at 110 (to avoid Legion content issues), rather than another edgey “evil but not evil class”.

Also, we have to think of gameplay and thematics. How would a dark ranger play in a way that doesn’t make them feel too similar to a lock/hunter when ranged, or a rogue/dk when melee? Having arrows with spooky smoke doesn’t cut it.

This is why I see tinker as more plausible. There’s plenty of distinct stuff no class has to draw from. Inventions have the benefit of being unlimited as well, so you don’t have to tread on the toes of engineers.

I’d play a DR just to try it as I did with DH. I just honestly wouldn’t be that excited by an “evil hunter” type class if honest. A class centered around tech would appeal as it’s new. I can currently play hunters, locks and dks if I want bows and arrows, or evil magic. Currently I cannot play a class where their tech is their constant tool in battle (throwing an engineer bomb once a fight does not count)

4 Likes