Dark Ranger as a new hero class / skin

Source : Trust me dude.

2 Likes

I think Dark Rangers are still possible considering they added Demon Hunters when we already had Demonology Warlocks, Destruction Warlocks and Fury Warriors and it feels like a mix of those altogether.

As for Tinkers… see, I’m not against it.
I think Tinkers are for another topic, and I agree with their addition, this because Gnomes and Goblins need to stand out a bit, too.

I don’t know why people keep bringing my ideia down when I never tried to bring theirs and I think they should voice them and I am supporting them as well.

3 Likes

You serious right now ? Dark rangers ?

I really hope blizzard doesn’t waste their time developing another generic and boring class like dhs.

Dark rangers are basically marksman hunters that use dark arrows. Classes supposed to be special and Unique.

Updated my Topic post in hope I can dodge some future posts from no-Elf and no-new-class people.

1 Like

You see, but what you’re saying there highlights the issue I’m pointing out.

Dark ranger would be like lock/dk/hunter/fury warrior but different somehow.

Tinker would be like… Nothing. Because it would be completely unique.

Both are highly demanded classes as well. I know that tinker has been long requested since yonks ago, hence all of the “tinkers are coming next expo” memes.

I couldn’t call it myself, I always explore a new class. I just think the task in branding it unique is hard now. If we dumb down class thematics here’s how it looks:

Warrior: heavy armour melee weapons only. Shouts and leaps, berserker. Two handers in two hands.

Rogue: light armour, stealth, melee weapons, poisons.

Death knight: dark magic in melee and range (death) , heavy armour and weapons, undead pet. Frost and shadow. Slow, brutal.

Warlock: dark magic at range. Light armour. Demons. Fire, Fel and shadow.

Demon hunter: dark magic in melee. Dual wield. Light, quick weapons. Agile. Light armour. Fel, fire, shadow.

Paladin: holy magic in melee. Heavy armour and weapons.

Priest: holy magic at range. Dark magic at range. Darkness and light. Light armour. Voidy.

Druid: shapeshifter. Bleeds in melee, astral magic at range. Lighter armour. Nature.

Shaman: heavier armour. Nature magic at range, lightning, fire, frost, water. Can melee. Spirits.

Hunter: bows, guns, ranged combat. Tracker, traps, survivalist. Pet companion. Heavier armour.

Monk: unarmed combat. Light armour. Spirit magic. Staves, Combos, magical mists

Mage: arcane magic at range. Light armour. Fire, frost, arcane. Glass cannon. “master of magic”.

With dark ranger we could say (to keep in line with their current depiction)
Dark magic at range, bows, ranged combat, melee with agile weapons, undead pets. Shadow. Heavier light armour

With tinkers we could say:
Technology, bombs, melee combat, ranged combat, mechs/bots, heavier armour.

As can be seen, the dark ranger concept doesn’t offer anything that isn’t already in another class, they’re just mushed together. All other classes have something unique to their thematic currently and tinker would add another class that has unique thematic additions.

I have no problem with undead elves at all. But a dark ranger is way to similar to hunter.

There is a good chance forsaken might get undead nightelves as allied race someday. This also means undead nightelve Druids wich I’m absolutly going to roll.

the problem with Dark Ranger is that they are adding another Night Elf/Blood Elf specific race/class combo, when the most recent class to be added was specific to only Night Elves and Blood Elves.
We have to tread carefully here and with Demon Hunters, I don’t see this “Class” being added anytime soon.

Also a new class almost always must be able to tank or to heal, ideally both, because the endgame needs those. Also during leveling it wouldn’t hurt.

While a Tinker is imaginable doing DD, Tank (litiaraly as a Tank :wink: ) and heal I can’t imagine a Dark Ranger as tank or heal at all.

Also Tinker must have robotic arms on a Backpack like the tinker in WC3:FT. If he has not I will not play him.

I already said I support Tinker guys, but please don’t use Tinker to bring down Dark Ranger, thank you.

I support tinkers therefore no DR.

But I think a DR skin for hunters wouldn’t hurt.

1 Like

Yes that is an option, it is on my ‘‘Edit 2’’.

So you want just people agreeing with you?

Sorry, can’t do that.

You don’t have to agree with me, I never told you to do so.

I’m just saying that people are using an excuse that could go for another topic to say no instead of making their own Tinker topic.

I feel like people don’t read half of what I say and just make claims.

True, but Forsaken players have been asking for “non-bony” undead since vanilla…
Sure, maybe a lot would prefer Nathanos’ kind of undead over Dark Ranger types.
But both are “non-bony”…

1 Like

I have a ‘‘non-bony’’ Undead, I play my game that way.

There is a way to do it and no, it doesn’t break the ToS before someone misinformed comes to tell me that.

The base idea and of course the lore and fantasy is there, and it does sound awesome!

However ,in my opinion, the biggest problem about Dark Rangers would be gameplay, as they fall somewhere between Hunter, Deathknight and Rogue… its kinda pointless to make another range and mellee spec as Hunter, and doesnt sound like they can really be tanks… so , sadly, I expect it to be shallow or with 2 specs like the DH

1 Like

yes, if we got a Nathanos type, sure.

But I don’t think we would if we got undead elves. I also strongly advocate for a cosmetic for forsaken because we’ve had Dark Rangers as part of the forsaken ranks since wrath.

1 Like

What if they release both Dark Rangers, and Tinkers what if they shock us like this

1 Like

I honestly just don’t want a new class, its hard enough to balance the ones we’ve got.

But I am completely for cosmetics.

1 Like

Using the Chinese models I assume…

Most likely not, as Blizz has never been the “So you guys want these two? Here have both!”

They’ve usually been more along the line of: “You get this one, not that one, now shut up!”

But we don’t know how many of the Dark Rangers will remain with the Horde now that Sylvanas’ has left it though. They are her personal guard after all.
They can write in lore how some/all refused to side with her after what she did, but it would be equally plausible that they are so devoted to her they follow her anyway.

1 Like