Dark Ranger customizations for Blood and Night elves 🔴

Resolve them quick so we can end Shadowlands quick.

The sooner this is over, the better.

PTR is up at last!

Sadly no new Dark Ranger questlines, however. Not as far as I have seen so far at least.

Dark Ranger look would be cool, they could have put it to reward when completing bfa storyline at horde side without betraying Sylvanas. Cant really see how else you could be dark ranger

1 Like

I don’t think even the "red eyes " would fix the state of the game…

Also, I doubt that will bring players back! WoW’s finished that’s for certain!

I bet the next expac would be filled with Disney land stuffs to do…and horde story arcs being the main focus of all as usual!

1 Like

Why should they? Just thinking they could be something nice to have for people who like the game enough to still play it. :wink:

I’m hoping we see some sort of follow-up on that following the Sylvanas storyline, honestly!

Death knight should get red eyes! Not bloodelfs nor voild elf’s

Errm…whut? Sylvanas betrays the Horde, not the other way around, and it also seems like most Dark Rangers stayed loyal to the Horde…

As it should be. Until alliance fans learn to stop whinging like children.

See how easy it is to generalise?

And that is how and why some customization could be somehow brought to the players… If Blizzard decides to elaborate on the subject and gives us a little backstory of course.

Still can’t quite believe they did not jump on such a chance with an afterlife themed expansion.

1 Like

If only… they were good at writing stories…?

Don’t take me wrong, I love WoW enough to have been playing it for over a decade, but the latest plot lines haven’t been very satisfying, so despite of hoping we do get some sort of dark ranger options, I fear they won’t exactly because that require some explanations. :frowning:

1 Like

I will never stop hoping to be able to play some sort of Dark Ranger, and I know I am not alone.

The idea is popular enough to be voiced in several T&E videos for instance.

2 Likes

There’s always 9.2.5 ! Or who knows what they may be planning for us in 10.0…

2 Likes

10.0 can’t blow.
Not when WoTLK Classic is right around the corner.

Give red eyes to Blood Elves and Night Elves.
Blood Elves with red eyes give the opportunity to RP either a Dark Ranger or a San’layn / Darkfallen Elf.

2 Likes

The point being; the moment Sylvanas cooperates with Alliance/Horde to defeat the Jailer it is safe to assume that the dark ranger loyalists also will.

Even though we don’t yet know what Sylvanas’ fate will be, at this point there are no reasons why most of the Dark Rangers couldn’t rejoin their people/factions.

2 Likes

It would be very nice if they could address the loyalists’ and dark ranger’s fates in 9.2.5.

However if I must be honest I would also like to know what exactly Zovaal told Sylvanas about remaking reality in order to obtain her help. It’s a plot hole as huge as the whole expansion…

I think we’ve got to see something between the “current” Sylvanas and Delaryn.
It’s clear Blizzard haven’t forgotten about Delaryn and how she mirrors Sylvanas, the Ranger General. I mean, even the latest cinematic had Ranger General Sylvanas replace Delaryn, but both characters were in the same position as they looked at the monster.

Both Sylvanas and Delaryn could be used to give red eyes for Blood Elves and Night Elves.

2 Likes

That’s precisely the point. We have explicitly seen Derek and Calia offer to help the dark rangers find a future rooted in something beyond hatred and malice… so Sylvanas’ judgement and 9.2.5 would be a perfect time to tie up that plot.

1 Like

Blizzard has confirmed that we’ll see the “Judgment” chapter of the campaign next week… which is also when the Sylvanas novel will be released, if I recall correctly.

So fingers crossed for all the Dark Rangers fans!

Man there’s been more character developpement in this 3 minute in game event than in the entirety of Shadowlands.

Makes me sad, I really love when WoW focuses on the evolution of its characters.

Sylvanas doesn’t count tho, whatever you say

I am just hoping that her ‘epilogue’ allows Blizzard to explain what has been/will be of the Dark Rangers she raised and abandoned.

Sure, Blizzard being Blizzard it is not certain they will bother to tell us anything.

But, it would make sense if they did, and I am hoping they do.

Just in case it wasn’t clear from my previous comment… this is what I meant…

I want to know where Delaryn is and what she is doing…

Repost

Oh yeah, sure, no way we’re forgetting the countless people she killed !

I’m sure they’ll talk about Sylvanas yet again in the epilogue, but the best thing they can do is talk about the consequences of her actions rather than yet another One Liner fest, where nobody calls her out on her BS

1 Like