Dear Kaivax re: Booty Bay TCG - Solution

Kaivax, (There’s no Blue ‘GM’ colour - sorry)…;D Please pass on to devs from a loyal subscriber since 2006: Allow Landro Longshot from Bootybay to receive and reward original TCG Loot Cards. Easy solution across all accounts below which includes anti-cash grab exploitation by management and players / fraud etc:

No matter where the card is now, nor who has the card now, allow ONE character on one Classic / TBC account to use their EXISTING RETAIL’S TCG ITEM (so already redeemed and now on their RETAIL account and completely lost its exclusivity and value) on one Classic account / only on one character = success & no changes. It doesn’t impact gameplay and will optimize original TBC’S ‘no changes’ policy.

WIN WIN! More below - please…please…Kaivax. PS there won’t be a massive outcry because many don’t have TCG or awareness of TCG in current TBC (that’s a mouthful :laughing: ) Yet it’s such a huge deal to TCG holders. *

PLEASE.

Multiple un responded-to requests here by various players on multiple posts and forums. WoW TCG loot in TBC Classic :question: - WoW Classic / Burning Crusade Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

TCG - Landro Booty Bay-Asking Again - In Development / Burning Crusade Classic PTR - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Avoid the cash grab - make it only redeemable on ONE TBC / Classic account from EXISTING RETAIL REDEMMED TCG cards. TCG Selling thread continued! 4.0 - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

1 Like

The devs already responded during the beta. The beta forum is nuked, but you can read their thoughts on TCG codes at various other sites, such as wowhead. TLDR: “No!”

• Landro Longshot will not offer WoW Trading Card Game code redemption.
    • Developers’ notes: We don’t intend for the Burning Crusade Classic to make duplicate use of WoW TCG codes, nor do we want players who have unredeemed codes to choose between games for redemption. Landro Longshot may be repurposed in Burning Crusade Classic for a different use, but that will not be related to the WoW TCG.
1 Like

I understand you don’t want us to get tcg items in classic that we own from retail but can’t you atleast make it so we can redeem items in tbc classic aswell if we buy new one ? Can’t we work something.

1 Like

I am all aboard of making new TCG stuff, but what is from retail may stay in retail. Period.

1 Like

I want any card I redeemed in TBC to be available to me in TBC Classic.

1 Like

So you want part of your retail stuff to TBCC?

Only if I redeemed them during TBC 2007, like the collectors edition stuff.

1 Like

So everyone who redeemed their gear from raids etc during TBC 2007 should also get them for TBCC? Right?

1 Like

That’s stupid, I’m talking about cosmetic things, mounts, pets, fishing chair, TCG things, not gear tokens.

1 Like

Cosmetic or not, its still part of the game. Someone might aswell just claim its okay to bring the gear since everyone will get it eventually anyway.

You obviously are just being contrary.

1 Like

Just get the deluxe edition mount. Basically the 2021 equivalent of TCG

1 Like

Obviously you just want to bring stuff from 15 year ago into a what is supposed to be a fresh start and experience for everyone, opposed to what retail is. New start means new start.

That’s the thing, it isn’t a fresh start, people who bought the Collectors edition way back then got the extras in TBCC. I just want the stuff for the codes I inputted back then too.

1 Like

You aren’t paying attention. The cards were redeemable by code and were incredibly exclusive, cosmetic items like Swift Spectral Tigers (1 in 7206 cards from Firelands deck). They are collectibles. The ONLY reason you’re addressing this forum is because you never experienced the card’s exclusivity nor are you the owner of said card. Your attitude is reflective of a competitive retail-born player who can’t stand others’ joy, perverted by envy and entitlement. You’re unaware that you’re now collecting all non exclusive items in a competitive world of casual, accessibility-based mediocrity. It’s just a ground cosmetic. How does it interfere with you or game play? Can you give me one meaningful reason you’re even interested in this not being granted? A mount which was sold to me for $1500 and was worth every penny in 2007 in TCG loot boxes and a mount that’s now not as advertised in the original contract with Blizzard. A YouTube interview with the former Classic developer head explained “Anyone who has the codes can redeem cosmetics.”

2 Likes

What extras are you talking about huh? There are new TBCC specific collectors stuff for sure yeah, thats understandable.

You just want to use the fact that you own a collectible in retail as a scapegoat to bring stuff from retail to TBCC.

You really have no idea about TCG card codes, do you? Each season of The trading card game had cards with loot codes you could redeem.

And the only reason you are, is because you have said cards and want to bring your stuff from retail to TBCC. And this makes your opinion skewed as hell.

And your attitude can best be described as a collector who tries to draw out more value of their collectibles by trying to boost their own agenda. Thats how entitled you are, you bought some card 15 years back and now youd expect it will be your ticket to this new TBCC, tough luck pal, aint happening.

Such a fun statement, if I ever start demanding unreasonable changes for my own benefit ima just use this as an argument towards those who see through my rotten intentions :smiley:

It doesnt matter how it would interfere with my gameplay, the fact that its retail stuff brought to TBCC is where the line is clearly crossed. Why cant you just accept that you bought something for retail and it stays in retail?

Retail stuff being brought to TBCC without any meaningful reason.

Im sure it was and you may keep using it in retail as much as you want! But oh well all you want is to re-boost its value, right?:

You want to feel exclusive for something you did 15 years ago, its same as people demanded their old pvp titles to TBCC because they earned it back then and “its just cosmetic”

P.S

Im sure people would freak out if Blizz even suggested this lmao. How blind/biased are you?

1 Like

So are you claiming people who bought stuff 15 years ago have been granted that stuff in TBCC? What stuff is that if so? Or are you talking about the new collectors stuff they made for classic servers? Please specify.

Yes

Exclusive In-Game Pet: Netherwhelp

Due to a mistake by Blizzard, European players also got a “Lurky”

No

Not the Deluxe edition stuff. I chose my words carefully, Collectors not Deluxe, see the difference?