Death of Matthias Shaw and Flynn Fairwind

What about the highmountain tauren married couple sharing a bed with a human paladin?

1 Like

Are you reading what im typing to you ? The bisexual part was never present before people started to ship him and Shaw. Changing a character to suit fanfic isnt retconing ? If he was intended to be bisxual it was never shown so prior to the events of the book. Neither was Shaw, who has been in the game since vanilla. 15 years is enough time to atleast hint towards it, and again like i have said the only interest he had shown was towards Valeera.

4 Likes

Are you talking about that ā€œYou got milk?ā€ story :grinning: We call it something else :thinking:

Only if it was clearly mentioned before he was straight. If it is not his character is expanded uppon.

Thereā€™s a gay Zandalari couple in Shadows Rising.

Horde ruined am I right!! :scream: :sob: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

It was shown he was straigh because he never showed interest in men. If he was bisexual he could have flirted with some male NPCs or better yet the player character, which would clearly showcase he doesnt care which sex you are.

Honestly i got more bisexual vibes coming from Taelia than Flynn.

I see. I missed out since my ally is male.

Yeah, maybe you are right about that. Still this retcon is not that big of a deal. Nothing compared to how blizz usually handles retcons.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean, but Iā€™m talking about Marcus leaving the tent of to Tauren saying something about about that was a surprise.

Never said it is, I personaly was never a fan of neither of these characers but it does feel forced and I really am against forced divercity.

That steamy romance novel from WoD about Marcus and the stable boy though. :smirk:

Iā€™d love to see that happen, personally. Not because I care about representation or anything, I couldnā€™t care less, but I imagine the dumpster fire it would cause might be pretty funny to watch.

Never going to happen though as it might lead to the game getting banned in places like russia and the middle east, and blizzard care far too much about profit to risk that.

1 Like

I do not care about your or your boyfriends origin story, the game is a work of fiction and altough what you described is what happens IRL doesnt make it good in a work of fiction. Characters and their motivations should be fleshed out before hand, if they are not we come to the sitiation we are in now. The characters were portraid as beeing streaigh and changed after a vocal part of the community started shiping them.

As for my ā€œhomophobic narativeā€, i have said it multiple times already i do not care about a characters race, gendre or sexuality however i do care when their continuety is changed in order to tick a box to please the LGBTQ community.

4 Likes

To be fair they only get all this focus because poeple come here and blow things way out of proportion.
Speaking for myself I would just barely have noticed it, and wouldnā€™t have given it much more thought than a simple ā€˜oh ok, good for themā€™ and then moved on with my business, if it hadnā€™t been for all the threads crying about it here.

1 Like

Iā€™m firing my Like cannon at you.

No issue with LGBT relationships here. But, it does feel very forced and out of nowhere with these two.

Just listen to yourself. Sacrifice for LGBT appealā€¦ What century did you pop up from?
And again, popular characters. Those two arenā€™t all that popular are they? I mean overall, not just for you.

I didnā€™t actually know there were any gay couples on horde side.
This makes me happy to see some representation at the very least :grin:.

1 Like

im not telling you my boyfriend origins story, im giving you an example i could have said that my group of friends started with 4 ā€œstraightsā€ and now we are 1 gay and 3 bi people maybe that doesnt suit your ā€œrealityā€ but if i was in this game my story could be like the flynn one and its not a forced reality or a LGBTQ demand, it happens in the real life and it happens in the minds of the creators of this game.

You think is forced, its your opinion, you think that doesnt make sense, its your opinion but at the end of the day im gonna suckā€¦ in this game like flynn does and we are going to be cannon.

And im telling you things in fiction do not work like in reality. Character motivations should be established or atleast forshadowed during the introduction period.

I do not think its forced, i know its forced because there is no way they are shiping them as a gay couple in china. If it trully wasnt about ticking a box, then china should get all the LGBTQ characters aswell.

4 Likes

There was a lesbian couple in Legion, do you know what their names are? I donā€™t remember and most people donā€™t but youā€™ll remember who are this gay couple, this is what I mean by popular, these characters are right below Anduin and Jaina level which means popular, at least widely known by players if not popular.