Defias WPvP Revival

Greetings, Defias Brotherhood! I hope you are all doing well.

To preface, we’re a small group of core players from a number of different world PvP guilds that banded together at the start of BfA to test the waters. The months since the launch of the expansion have taught us a great deal, and we’re ready to take the next step.

This is a call to arms for all WPvP-oriented guilds and players, be you old or new, on Defias Brotherhood - with the intention of staging the most significant recent attempt to revive world PvP in the classic, unsharded world (original Azeroth and/or Draenor). The main goal here is to see if there’s still interest in maintaining the realm’s beating heart, now that the disaster of an expansion known as Legion has, for the most part, subsided.

We’ve personally been in contact with a number of players and guilds and a strong desire has been shown for a return to WPvP form - but it requires a concentrated effort and good communication across the realm in order to pull it off.

We want to hear from you, regardless of whether you’re a highly-motivated solo player, a guild with either old roots in world PvP, or are looking to orient yourselves in that way - or most importantly, any player who dropped the game when it was at its worst, who is prepared to make one last attempt to breathe life into the world now that it’s worth doing so.

In the not-so-distant future, we’re looking to make the transfer back to Defias Brotherhood (Alliance) where we’ll hit the ground running - and we presently have arrangements in place with at least one Horde WPvP guild, to repopulate the unsharded world with regular, small-scale world fights - free from phasing and LFG zergs.

This is a humble request to set aside any reservations that may have been brought about in the wake of Legion as we work together to once again breed the content that many players here grew up on, and that we’ve found ourselves starved of over the last couple of years.

Whoever you are and whoever you represent, I hope to hear back with whatever support you can provide to this project.

So long as there are still two flagged players out there, world PvP can never truly die out - but there is no time more important than right now to ensure that it doesn’t stagnate beyond recovery.

Any interest or comments registered down below are absolutely fine, but if you have any questions or would prefer to talk directly about something, you can reach either myself or Tzuyu on our respective battletags (lore#21354 and Sophena#2180) and we’ll be able to answer anything you might need to know, or hash out any ideas.

See you soon.

4 Likes

Solid thought out and well written thread I’m hella down to get the gang back together for some old school wpvp and hopefully others are hope to see you soon!

You got my support 100%. I’ve been hoping to hear about something like this for a long time now :slight_smile: Been doing wpvp for a hella long time without a big guild, but just with friends. So this will be good news for them aswell. Keep it up~

1 Like

Don’t expect much… Alliance players don’t even enable Warmode, if they don’t have their item quest up xdd. Also most Alliance players recently can be oneshotted by literally any randoms. They’d need to go and kill Horde 3v1… Wait… they do that already xDD

I guess we’ll just have to see what happens I am keen to go back to my old roots of WPvP and I’m sure that others are too!

I think it would be great to get some old school WPvP up and running and actually make the game enjoyable once again :3

2 Likes

Yeah I’d return for this. Miss the old rivalries and familiar faces, killing faceless AD players is just not the same.

You got my attention sir and/or madam!

Don’t think there’s really been any organised action since WoD. Shame really.

1 Like

offt y’all getting me all excited you touching me in all the right places.

I would like to thank everyone so far that has showed interest in this thread that is close to our hearts! I would also like to thanks everyone that participated in some of the WPvP that took place at Mugambala today it was great fun and it reminded me just how much fun small scale WPvP is! I can’t wait to have that solid rivalry once again!

#MakeDefiasBrotherhoodGreratAgain

1 Like

Mists of Pandaria World PvP was amazing, and that did lead into a somewhat decent time at the start of Warlords but that did ultimately deteriorate as the expansion went on.

I guess what used to be so great was the fact you knew where to find enemy players and who to go gank to trigger a larger fight, I don’t really follow it anymore but I thought with the sharding and server merging making it less balanced it was even more difficult now than it was in Legion.

Sounds like you got a plan though, so best of luck making it work, theres definately been something missing from this realm since all the WPvP guilds faded away.

1 Like

(shout-out to the bootleg facebook for losing my post)

Sharding is definitely an issue, which is why we’re working hard to get a system back in place so that people do know where to go to find (or start) the action - but in the places that work best, from both a technical and a personal standpoint (KT and Zandalar being lost causes for the most part).

The overwhelming support is absolutely fantastic and I think that the realm has a bright future. Picking and choosing the best features of an expansion has always been a part of world PvP, and I think that we have a much better array of choices to make than we have in quite some years.

Obviously, we’re keen to get started as soon as possible, but it naturally takes time (and considerable money) to get everybody back in one place. We’ll keep the thread updated with everything we know and everything we’re doing, but every connection that we can make in the meantime goes a very long way.

See you soon.

In actual fact all the way through Warlords WPvP was really solid and am pretty sure had a good time during the fights! It’s just when Legion hit it all went down hill. I believe it can be revived or it can be once what it was maybe with some new faces or some old faces all are welcome here in this thread. If I recall the sharding is ok on RP realms and you’ll always be able to find what you’re looking for if you just do a little bit of communication. But as Lore said above the older zones seem to be pretty solid for spots to fight KT / Zandalar aren’t that bad in my experience it’s just people taking advantage of the disgusting LFG tool and then the zerg comes.

I hope other guilds take inspiration from us and also make a come back someday! Would be great to see everyone back together again but ya know can’t have everything!

Thank you I wish you the best of luck in whatever you’re doing!

I wonder if the Tol Barad base camp is still a decent spot, that used to be great fun even long after its expansion had been and gone.

There’s a lot to be discussed, but the TB base camp is definitely on the cards. A few locations came to mind, including TB, Timeless Isle, and a number of places that have shown themselves to be consistently fun and fluid in the past.

I’d love to hear any suggestions for preferred zones, regardless of whether flying is enabled there or not. That’s a pretty big talking point to be ironed out, but I’m sure a consensus can be reached easily enough.

I wouldn’t trust anyone from the guild Mithridatism. They come and go all the time. Bunch of half wits.

From what I have Tol Barad and Timeless Isle are very good contender at the moment! I’m also intrigued if we can make the actual Tol Barad active again like back in MoP since it would be only RP shards that would be queuing for it maybe the WPvPers could make it active again who knows though we’ll have too see what happens!

Thank you again for all the positive feed back you have given it has given us a lot to think about!

I’m surprised to see you on here Shiv, thought you got locked up ages ago for being a nonce.

1 Like

Top kek exdee

Let’s not get off topic. :3

1 Like

Hello! Lovely people, can you please calm down and we can go and eat some kebab?