Defias WPvP Revival

We’ll take our chances, Drach.

In the meanwhile, we’ll have our charter signed over the next few days, so stay tuned.

It’s been fantastic seeing so many familiar faces returning, even in the new world. I’ll be expecting big things from you all, especially once we’re fully established.

See you soon.

The game play for rivaled WPVP was destroyed end of draenor it will never return as sharding blocks any possible raid v raid situation.The best chances you have are on Vanilla WOW aslong as they do not have sharding.

The people to blame are the company lead game designers,We have told them year are year about the WPVP decline and like they said in live streams “WPvP takes a back seat”

The only decent thing in this expansion is the neto matic.

//King Destinite 2008-2018

2 Likes

Dude, this made me sad for real. I logged in to ask a Shade member how many people were online. I did that at like… what… 10 pm? It was only that one guy online.

I WANT to play on a RP server. I like that we have no cross-faction beyond RP realms. I like our communities… but the world pvp is suffering! I can’t find a single guild which is active on the horde side that doesn’t involve just RP.

I’m aware that The Shade’s been on a kind of hiatus, but I’ve heard that there’s still interest in world PvP, in light of the efforts being made around the server.

It’s super important that the Horde steps up now, even if it means a new guild being formed, or dead players coming back.

Hope you find what you’re looking for. We’ll be here when you do.

One of the reasons i quit the game months ago… sharding was the final straw in the coffin for wpvp. Top this with terrible pvp gear progression and dumbed down combat leaves little left of a once great game.

1 Like

Hey, the Shade is a good lil bunch. Had some good fun poking the Alliance monster and I hope for lots more!

I think the lack of content in game has killed a lot of guilds or at least put them into hibernation. Not to mention the outnumbering thanks to AD.

I know this expansion killed my guild (sniff sniff) but there are still plenty of people interested in WPvP, I feel like we’re all scattered around like loose ends.

This is why I like this initiative. To take what we once had as RPPvP realms and put it into action away from 40 man cross-realmers.

The shade isn’t any good without specs leading it to be fair you don’t need a guild for pve

I’d be keen for this after recently renewing my subscription.

Just a few thoughts though, maybe rather than a guild it would be better to make a community group for all interested in Wpvp on DB et al. That might be more inclusive as there may be people in guilds already who are still interested in wpvp.

Secondly, maybe a calendar can be created where a link is available to everyone in that community which outlines specific events such as an Alliance raid on Orgrimmar. Then people can check it to see what is available and plan accordingly. I think there is a guild on Emerald Dream that regularly raids opposing teams and that inherently creates a wpvp scenario.

2 Likes

I feel like WPvP still has tons of potential, obviously the game is not as good as it used to be but you gotta play the hand you’re dealt.

I personally don’t agree with that community idea because from my experience the communities usually end up being inactive/afk hubs, also not too keen on fighting npcs in a city.

At the end of the day, as long as theres some interest we can get things going and popping.

1 Like

I agree with what Neyx has said, communities just ending up to being inactive and nothing comes out of it and there is just something different to seeing a a bunch of WPvPers with the same guild tag and always out WPvP’n together. That’s what WPvP is in my eyes.

It has some great potential we’ve so many fun and amazing fights! People just have to show up and bring it back.

And as for The Shade I think they will do great without Specs, it’s not like he was the shotcaller in WPvP anyway, so please don’t bash those lovely people. <3

Erm yeah cos you can do raiding and stuff.

toxic server btw

2 Likes

how do you tackle sharding again? I did not quite get that part

Sharding is abit annoying but we have been able to find plenty of fights. Or you can go to Orgrimmar that is always fun c:

ok got it, I was under impression that you have managed somehow isolate to RPPvP realms.

As for sharding itself blizzard is not going to remove this anytime soon, not this expansion, not next and not in classic. Given the political climate in US and EU in regards to safe spaces and toxicity and everyone being offended, sharding is optimal solution for reducing forum drama\toxicity\whining whether it was intentional or biproduct of solving server overpopulation, they are not going back.

I joined WPvP late in Legion on Defias, missed the good ol’ days! So my view of WPvP is perhaps more positive, because I can’t miss those ol’ days since I wan’t there - all I know is killing randoms or individuals on my KoS list, fun to me.

But I always want more - and it would be great if the WPvP community can (re)grow on Defias. I was on Defias at start of BfA, but left because RP shards seemed too quiet. Tempting to move back. I find normal WM shards more active, but if there’s community on RP shards, could be good. Not sure if I want to join a guild or form my own, but need to settle on one realm, I have been moving around looking for ‘the right place’.

I’m noticing a lot of negativity about War Mode in various threads though. Ofc opinions are fine. But to build community, and draw new and old players in, seems like focusing on positives would help with recruitment.

I made a list of WPvP guilds for anyone interested, be good to add to the list! I’m including guilds that are at least partly WPvP. And here’s my idea for WM shard guild wars… a challenge I know. There must be conflict!

I’m also interested in joining or forming a WPvP guild on a Classic PvP realm. I know, there is a likelihood of an initial interest in WPvP at start of Classic that dies down. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. But those core that love WPvP are prob gonna be there anyway. I’ll be in both BfA and Classic for sure, killing Horde, hopefully in a WPvP guild :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.