Delay flying until 9.0

I don’t think so… flying worked fine for most of the expansions, the only time there was no flying in game was classic…
I am playing since cata, and I had way more fun in cata, MoP, WoD(after flying got introduced), Legion (after flying got introduced) than in BFA

So you are having fun when you fly from a to b.

thought people wanted flying so they could alt tab and scroll memes more reliable than if they had to run on the ground.

yes I have a lot of fun
I have a lot of fun going to high places, standing at the top of a mountain, seeing the world from above

not everyone is like that

It’s astonishing isn’t it that WoW players, oh special WoW players, are the one’s that think ‘fun’ is automating the game and playing it less.

As far as flying is concerned in previous expansions, it’s not the only factor to judge the game’s quality. At least in Cata and LK there were zones designed for flying.

Flying ‘works’, but it indisputably means everyone is up in the air where you can’t see them; it unarguably utterly destroys scale and immersion (unless again were dealing with vast open zones designed for flying).

Indeed I’d change my argument to say flight should only be available in specific sectors of a given zone, and never the whole of it. A perfect example of this would be being able to fly on the edge of Shadowmoon Valley to reach Netherwing Ledge.

2 Likes

Guess how it goes now? Right a tickbox simulator because people still ignore each other, aslong as the content is non-existant no matter if you have flying or not it doesn’t make a difference. Heck if you put flying in from the start maybe more people would be willing to do the WQ, it’s pretty barren which it shouldn’t according to your logic because they are forced to run through the same landscaped for 7 months and nearly 2 weeks now.

This crusade against flying, you realize the devs only started it in WoD to reduce developing time for the world. You know that right? The only time World PvP was without flying was in vanilla with dishonorable kills (we need this back) and essential NPCs being able to pown you if attacked. Yet every expansion had WPvP and WPvP now is mostly located to invasions and weekly quest zones anyhow. Shows it will still exist even with flying aslong as you provide content for it or concentrate enough players in a zone. There is no need to delay flying longer than the 1st major patch (8.1), you got your period without we get a period with and then the enxt major patch we go off to the new zone. The only WPvP had for 4 months long was only a weekly quest to kill 10 people that wasn’t a 1-time only achievement. In a way it still has, but because events like invasions brings people together it happens there.

WPvP doesn’t only exist because of no flying, people need to be bribed out to do stuff in the 1st place, world empty? No WPvP! Regardles if there is flying or not. But people love to blame flying for everything, social inetraction went even further down according to the devs, despite no flying. Weird…

like I said, if you do not like flying, then don’t, don’t take it from the playerbase, who actually has fun with flying… just because you do not have fun with it, doesn’t mean the same goes for everyone else too…
I have a lot of fun while flying, and I think it shouldn’t be restricted

3 Likes

I said EVEN MORE of a chore.

You may not realise it consciously, but flying from WQ to WQ is going to make the experience MORE dull, and ultimately unsatisfying.

Just because something is quicker that doesn’t make it ‘betterer’. Any kind of distraction, is well a distraction, even running into a tree or fence is going to be more interesting than pressing auto run and alt-tabbing to Youtube videos.

Maybe you want to watch those videos instead? Yea well, that doesn’t speak highly of the game does it.

2 Likes

the experience is already unsatisfying… because I run down the same paths every day, see the same stones every day, get lost in the same corner everyday (yes I have no sense of orientation)
and the WQ’s are dull anyway

Yes you and others have repeated this talking point many times now ‘if you don’t like flying don’t do it’’ we have told you how it is not a legitimate argument. Fortunately for us at least in the new zone which will be the only relevant zone, flying will not be present.

it is a legitimate argument, because it is about CHOICE… don’t force players into your way of playing

3 Likes

Here you go again, “You all AFK ANYHOW!”. No… Stop the lies to promote no flying. People ignore each other right now. And say it like this, if there was no flying I wouldn’t even revisit areas. You’re like my boss, saying how I will enjoy my journey to work more if I bike while it’s same route I have with the buss, only 4 times slower (would take a hour just to get there!). I still have to bike alongside the same main road, same as in WoW the path you take is the same every time.

To repeat what I said first major patch was a compromise, now you wanna extend to the end of an expansion? Come on! Why not remove flying, flight paths, summon stones and portals alltogether! I bet the social interaction will increase by 0 and people will just play less or even quit.

1 Like

btw the “if you dont like flying then dont, but let us who likes to fly do it”.

its not about that, ofc we are gonna fly but the fact people dont want to get involved in the world in a MMO and instead avoid everything up in the air is contradicting what an mmo actually is about.

We get why you like flying and why you want it, but in the end flying is not something that brings any good for a mmo game in general.

thats what i think about it, from playing a few mmo’s and wow since vanilla and other open world games. Flying is all cool and that but it is what it is…

flying was in WoW for 6 expansions soon to be 7… and WoW is still standing strong, I doubt flying is bad for a MMO

1 Like

Sound and fury meaning nothing, I cannot ‘choose’ to have 415 azerite from doing level one pet battles just because that is my preferred way of playing.

thats a kinda flawed way of think of it tho

flying is a choice
you can choose to fly, you can choose not to fly
don’t force your way of playing on others

2 Likes

lmfao, you serious now or what?

Btw maybe you should cycle to work, you will get good exercise, help your personal fitness level, strengthen your mindfulness and help pollute the planet less, as oppose to just waste away listening to nonsense on your phone on a bus, In the long term you would be happier for it.

yes I am serious, all you say is, how flying destroys the game, while it doesn’t, you want to force everyone to the ground, but not everyone likes that, so don’t force them to stay on the ground

this is covers what i mean about flying in wow and why it doesnt bring anything to the game other than it gets you from A to B quicker and to skip the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEawSycumw4

i would 100% love flying if it involed you in the game. Gw2’s way of gliding around the world was imo really fun. thats what i take with me from that game.