Delay flying until 9.0

Hmmm, you say World PvP, but I think we know what ruined World PvP, don’t we? The same thing that ruined War Mode. Gank squads. First to abuse it and then first to complain on the forums, they can’t help themselves, so Blizzard should just take the attitude of “You know what? You broke the Toy, I’m not giving you a new one”

Now this is brilliant. ‘Appeases Casuals’ Because people having jobs and families that also occupy their time is so bad…Even your tryhards who say “I’m hardcore, not a filthy casual” are no such thing whatsoever. I mean I presume they eat, and occasionally sleep, and sometimes leave the house…Are they getting paid to play? No? Then they are doing it for recreation and fun, so therefore a Casual activity. People really use that word without thinking what it actually means…

For Real? Have you ever been to Zuldazar with its vast mountain ranges, and obstacles to movement. Or even better, have you ever been to Dazar’alor, a city so convoluted and difficult to navigate that it needs two Flight paths, or ooh, Boralus, which needs three (I think? Might be four).

Nope. Nope Nope Nope. We know what ruined Wpvp, and its the same reason the Alliance gets the welfare buff in Warmode. Out of curiosity, how did Flying ruin Warmode, so much that Blizzard had to step in and give one faction welfare items and a Buff? Whats that? oh, it -wasn’t- Flying after all?

It’s world of Warcraft. Ever seen the Druids of the Talon, oh, or the Wildhammer Dwarves, or the Dragonhawk riders of Quel’danas, or the Windriders of Orgrimmar, ooh, or the Dragonflights?

Flying is -part- of the game. What would ruin immersion, is if players -couldn’t fly-, because that would no longer be realistic for the game setting. I mean one of the Vanilla loading screens -shows- a Dwarf riding a Gryphon through the Skies for goodness sake.

No it does not…Quite the opposite in fact…you get to experience them at first on the ground, and when you complete that content, you get to see the beautiful vistas and sheer work put into the zones from the air, Its brilliant…

Err, No, it is -entirely- in keeping with WoW, and has been since before WoW even existed, during the Warcraft RTS games, there were flying units then… That’s the setting I’m afraid, if you don’t want Flying mounts, then the World of Warcraft franchise is not for you…

That’s personal choice. I could say the same about PvP’ers jumping around like macaques on too much sugar, or people who don’t bother to Transmog, should they be banned also?

No, you have expressed an often repeated and formulaic gripe about the dearth of World PvP, not once did you address the real cause of its decline, but picked the easy target of ‘Flying’. Especially now, when Warmode is optional and you don’t even need to be on a PvP server to partake, and yet, golly gosh, people aren’t… Must be flying right? all those people flying around Kul Tiras and Zandalar….Oh, wait…

4 Likes

this is a good idea, give the players an option extra shards, like warmode, but this time with flying, if you opt in to flying, you get into a flying shard, if you opt out, you get into a non flying shard

1 Like

I had a dream about Puny and blueberry’s not connected to your bowl at all just thought i share it .

I can imagine an extensive menu when you go to Org now.

Do you want

• WM on Flying Off
  • WM off Flying Off
  • WM on Flying On
  • WM off Flying On

I honestly can’t see them disabling flying in any shard. A lack of flying in WM would kill off WM and make it very undesirable. I’m not saying it’s impossible for them to offer. I just don’t think they’d want to.

Edit to add I am kind of curious to see how many people would actually use a flying off shard regardless of the rest of the options.

I am kind of worried about the population too, but it would probably be the only solution to make almost everyone happy

I would probably use the WM and Flying option

TBH it wouldn’t have to be four options. Just two. One for WM one for Flying.

it is hard to come up with a real solution, because everytime they divide stuff to different shards, they also divide the players, if you do a WM shard and a Flying shard, WM might become deserted, because flying might be more fun than ganking… but this problem would also be here, if they do the 4 shard solution…
in the end, they can’t make everyone happy…

This could be also reason i am suggesting it in the first place :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But actually i didn’t mean there to be selecting system like in WM but just permanent “no flying” tag on account (triggered by asking no flying in forums or settable somewhere permanently on) and then game would shard automatically these people in same shards when it is possible. Half serious, half snarky solution for the problem which could be solved for people just using their landmounts but since they keep asking. :innocent:

1 Like

Blizzard should simply give two options to the players, one with the flying and WM off for the PvE-ers and another one for the PvP-ers for which I presume how they want to PvP everywhere with WM on and with flying turned off.

Maybe also the option to switch between WM off and on should be made possible everywhere and not just in the major cities of the factions.

I would love to see this change. I really don’t understand why you are required to be in Orgrimmar to do it. Especially when you can turn it off in any rest area.

2 Likes

I can only guess, but I think the reason might be, that players can’t just switch warmode off after killing another player, to give the killed player a chance for revenge

for example Player A kills Player B near a rested area, after the kill Player A goes to the rested area and switches warmode off, while Player B can’t hit back

Well the players can prevent other players to do that anyway, they can kill the other players and than leave the area or hearthstone to another location, and with the sharding in the game sometimes after you res you might not even see that player again which killed you before even if he remained in the same area.

1 Like

that is why I said, “I can only guess”, but I can see this beeing the thought process here

You cant have played TBC then when you needed flying to access 3 dungeons and 1 raid.
Or to do the dailies in
Shadowmoon
Terroker Forrest
Nagrand
Bladedge mountains.
Also needed flying to grind primals on Elemental Plateua.
They got flying perfect in TBC.

Or just don’t make us wait any longer, release flying now, before 8.2

They already said flying will be in new zone so you failed there.

they did? when, I didn’t see that one

Ages ago when they admitted bringing out flying and Argus so close was bad game design.
New zones will have flying apart from the underwater part ofc.

It was also if i recall mentioned at blizzcon.
Its not even new zones per sa its the water recideing and things coming out of the water.

You don’t need LFR to unlock flying…

2 Likes

It was mentioned in some live stream and also here:

2 Likes