Delay flying until 9.0

I see thanks

1 Like

Even if that’s true
 So what? It’s a forum about a game. Why are you getting so emotional about it?

I argued with Puny a few times. Never got a ban. And if I did my world surely wouldn’t colapse.

Go for a walk, it helps to clear one’s mind :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think its so you can’t turn it on next to a WQ, get the buffed reward, run back to turn it off, go to the next rest zone and repeat.

So no real risk in having it on, just buffed rewards.

What does your post have to do with flying ? Keep to the topic.

I already answered the topic with a previous post, solution to a problem we no longer have, should be a design choice not a prerequisit. Having flying in an expansion abut faction war is counterproductive hence not a good idea.

• Just answered another question. Tell the guy who started it first lol.

We have been chugging along on foot for 7 months now, what immersion are you talking about?

5 Likes

You people are starting to annoy me. You had your no-flying for two patches. Now it’s our turn. Don’t like it? Tough luck.

Can’t wait for flying.

5 Likes

I feel like the zones are too small for flying anyway.

I don’t buy “flying worked fine in TBC.” The same problems existed back then. The best zone for world pvp was Isle of Quel’danas. Same in Cataclysm; I did a lot of world pvp in both Tol Barad and the Firelands questing area.

I also don’t get people who say that flying is fun. Flying is boring. Riding a mount in general in this game is boring. That’s one of the things I loved the most about instanced pvp in the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic; they were designed so that you would not need mounts. They were smaller so you could traverse the area on foot.

Mounts are necessary to traverse the world, and in that regard I do like ground mounts more than flying mounts mainly because you have to think about the terrain and you’re not automatically safe.

It’s almost as if different people have different idea of what is fun. Shocking I know.

10 Likes

You are correct, it was a sloppy argument on my part. I can’t begrudge anyone their fun, but I question the appeal of the mounts. I get convenience, but convenience does not mean fun. The mounts use perhaps some of the most archaic code that WoW has, and there is practically no skill involved in controlling one. There is no skill in accessing a flight master either, but they are only accessible in specific areas (except we have the whistle nowadays so they are practically accessible from anywhere :confused: ).

Convenience has a habit of spoiling the sensation an open world can provide. Take Skyrim as an example: many people praise it for its vast, open world but many of those same people will criticize it for its fast travel function, but they still use it. For without it the travel would be gruelling, not because of the size of Skyrim but because of the game’s poor quest design. WoW has similar issues.

If I had to go somewhere far away in TBC it would probably take me some time to get there. I had to have had a pretty good reason to go there. Today I can travel from the end of one world to the end of another world within minutes by plotting an optimal course through various portals. The sensation I felt by the world of WoW in TBC is pretty much gone these days, not only thanks to flying mounts but also quick travel items, portals and automatic transfer to and from instances.

The benefit of shrinking the world this way is that we can experience more content in a shorter period of time, but honestly what is the quality of that content? If you think flying mounts are fun then I think you may be conflating fun with convenience.

You beat me to it. xD

I also can’t wait for flying. I really miss the old model of get to max level buy flying. I don’t care if I spend more gold doing it and have to repeat it on alts. It was glorious.

3 Likes

Didn’t really beat you to it before I could write a lengthy response, though. I guess it is a common practice for people today to react to extracted snippets rather than reading messages as a whole.

He did beat me to it but now you are salty because I replied. I’m sorry replying and agreeing with another poster upset you.

3 Likes

I don’t mind that you agree with him. I do as well. We’re basically agreeing on the fact that different people find different things fun. Which is why I chose to elaborate, and yes I am a bit salty you did not read my elaboration. Could be something to discuss there. For a green poster your manners aren’t very good. :frowning:

Back in MOP there was an area around the farm where there were big birds flying around that knocked you off of your mount if you got to close and you fell and died. After 4 people whined about the big bad birdies they were nerfed into the ground. This was a shame.

I say that IF we have any flying at all then there has to be challenges that come with it. Such as big bad birdy type creatures that will attack you and knock you off and DEFINITELY guards on flying mounts over enemy territories that will intercept you and shoot you off your mount.

Another feature that we could have is some kind of mount armour that could be random drops you can add to a mount and as that armour slowly increases over time it becomes more and more resistant to damage and eventually will wont be ‘shootdownable’ anymore.

P.S. I just asked my 10 year old niece if ‘shootdownable’ is a real word and she just rolled her eyes and muttered “such a noob” as she walked away 

Whats her being a green got anything to do with anything THEY ARE HUMANS just like me and you and allowed THERE OWN VIEW .

This whole section doesnt make any sense what so ever .

TBC had area’s with flying needed to do dailies and area’s where flying was needed to get to raid/dungeon.

Terroker Forrest dailys
Bladgemoutain dailys
Shadowmoon vally daily’s

Tempest Keep raid 
Bot/Mech/Arca dungeons

Nagrand elemental plateu was farmed but you needed flying to get there .

1 Like

For white text poster your manners aren’t very good. But insulting greens is par for the course. I agreed with someone. Get over it.

3 Likes

We seen every zone in bfa . Whats the point in delaying flying ? Maybe the motivation to level alts wil come back if they can fly. I’m sick and tired of running from quest to quest only to get chased by mobs Or if i see a herb or ore i have to ignore it because i’m being chased by group of mobs