Delay flying until 9.0

Flying was a mistake to bring into the game to begin with, sadly this is something that can’t really be undone…

Yet you have spent time and gold getting lots of flying mounts in your collection.
:thinking:

2 Likes

What is it that does not make sense? Perhaps you should read it once more. I’m not saying that flying mounts did not exist back in TBC. I’m saying that we have way more convenient ways to travel these days and that it’s, in my opinion, not fun. I don’t think ground mounts are as bad, though they are not good either. I feel like I’m repeating myself here, but in the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic the battlegrounds were designed in such a way that you don’t need any mounts. Mounts are, in fact, disabled. I think this is a great design; it makes the game space smaller and more action-oriented. I don’t think it’s retroactively applicable to WoW though, but that does not mean WoW is beyond criticism.

And, to repeat myself once more, the way mounts work is archaic and has remained (to my knowledge) unchanged since TBC. Guild Wars 2 actually gave their mounts different purposes and abilities. Mounts in WoW_could_ be fun, but at the moment they’re just convenient. That is what I’m saying. I acknowledged that what I said in my first post was not exactly thought through. I stated an opinion as though it was a fact.

I need only not break the rules of conduct on these forums. You, however, have some responsibility. “MVPs promote constructive posting wherever they can. They contribute to the community and encourage polite discussion throughout the forums. When you see an MVP post, listen to what they have to say—they were also chosen for their knowledge of the game.” (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/4038704715)

Also, to reiterate a final time: I don’t mind that you agreed with him; I did as well. I did not appreciate the condescending tone of his post, but he was right all the same. All you did was to repeat the same condescending tone, despite my attempt to problematize what I actually meant. That is why I was, in your words, “salty”.

And thats exactly how you were towards Puny with your tone aswell .

AH mount
Repair mount
Transmog mount
Underwater mount
Water walking mount

Its not though the whistle is sub par, the routes on land mounts in BFA are awful you can get stuck on a twig .
The game has been out since August now 8 months see’ing the same places from land is tidieous .

As for your views on Puny and being MvP you probably no idea how helpful she is and how much rubbish she has to put up with per day from posters who attack her just like you .

2 Likes

I agreed with someone else, you got huffy about it. There was nothing wrong with my post you then proceeded to bring my MVP green text into it.

I turned it back on you. I am never going to listen to anyone who wants to use MVP or green text as a stick to beat me with. I honestly expect better of people but sadly some don’t meet that expectation.

I want to level a new allience alt because warlock feels weak and i got a moonkin i realy want to level but there to much mobs on the ground packed So its annoying trying to avoid them somtimes Thats why i would love to fly in bfa from lv 110 . Leveling alts would be easier and faster .

Opinions and all that. I personally can’t wait for flying in BfA. Mostly for Alts leveling

3 Likes

You’re not wrong in that these mount offer different utilities to the player, but it cannot really compare to the mounts of GW2. You’ll use different mounts for different spatial puzzles in that game. Just check the GW2 wiki and see how different their mounts are in terms of functionality and abilities. That being said, I’m actually not the biggest fan of GW2 (otherwise I wouldn’t be here posting) but I can appreciate innovation. Aside from certain niche bonuses (like you’ve pointed out), there’s been no mechanical innovation to the mounts in WoW. It really is an area of the game that they could improve.

I disagree with the former but can understand the latter. Hearthstone has, what, a 15 minute CD these days? We got the whistle that has a 5 minute cd, we’ve got three different hearthstones (two with fixed locations but these locations have portals of their own) and when we queue up for a dungeon we are immediately teleported into the instance and then back when we’re done. The game is a lot more convenient these days, and somehow I find myself preferring the way things were in TBC. Perhaps because of all the collateral damage caused by casualization.

I’ll try to let this be the last time this thread revolves around PunyElf. No, I don’t know how helpful she is. Nor do I have a problem with her opinions. I have read some of her posts in other threads, even liked some because I agree with her. That does not forgive her for being rude to others, especially, much to her chagrin, because she is a green poster. She should be helpful and encourage discussion, yet all she does is try to shut me down because of some self-deceived notion that I’m upset because she agreed with someone else, even after I have pointed out, many times now, that I’m not upset about that at all. I’ve been very transparent.

I don’t mind hearing different opinions and I don’t mind a bit of verbal fencing either, and I believe we all have a right to change our opinion. We all have a right to stick to our opinion, as well. I appreciate you taking your time to actually read what I’m writing, even if I do believe you do it partly just to prove me wrong.

Lets delay only your flying until 12.0
Enjoy immersion, gl and hf!

Just no… We are grounded for year, it’s time for flying. Ground mounts would be better without dismount and dazed effect…

World PVP is ruined for some time… now with warmode more… 99% of wPVP is more party/raid vs player, not player vs player. So I am ok with this one.
It’s not ruining devs work, we had a chance for months to see zones, now we will see it from bird perspective.

And about “sky look so dump” with all mounts… I am druid, I have bird form, so I am natural :stuck_out_tongue:

Little tip for you - if you don’t want fly, just don’t fly. You can use ground mounts after adding flying, you’re not forced use flying mounts.

1 Like

GW2 mounts are amazing and best mounts in any game i have played. BUT reason for that is that different type of mounts offer different ways to move which makes using them fun and interesting. Now wow actually does have one type of mount that does the same, and that is flying mounts. They let you move different way than plain mount: both horizontal and vertical. So it does not make any sense to use superiority of GW2 mounts as a reason not to have flight in wow, that just keeps away the only type of mount in this game that is comparable to GW2 mounts in any way.

Flying and flying mounts are one of the things that wow does well. It is one selling point that no other game offer in such a quality. They should keep planning the world around flying and keeping it in game constantly, instead of keeping it not available for most of the time in new content. Why they insist of keeping the thing they do better than others not usable most of the time is beoynd me. :exploding_head:

1 Like

I urge Blizzard not to listen to these kind of threads. There are more opinions on flying rather than what one vocal person thinks.

In fact you have already listened to this vocal minority Blizzard with the three latest expansions when it comes to flying, so why not do the opposite now and not use that design any longer? It’s outdated design and its only purpose is to basically force players to stay subscribed through entire expansions in hope that one day Blizzard might release flying. It’s also that players will fall behind and end up with months of reputation grind to complete their Pathfinder, if they don’t stay subscribed.

3 Likes

I say remove flying all together. Has no place on azeroth imo. Flying would just ruin wpvp

in % how many Wpvpers do you have? 1%?

Dude, did you ever play the Warcraft Games? The ones with Flying units in them? Flying is an integral part of the game world. I mean that’s from before World of Warcraft was even released! Removing it would ruin immersion.

Fun fact. It won’t.

It never did.

PvPers ruined world PvP by excessively ganking. But its never their fault, oh no…
Remember the massive surge in World PvP when WoD was released, with no flying?

No, nor do I. Whose fault was it? Flyi-oh, wait, err, Garrisons!

Or ooh ooh, remember the massive surge in World PvP in Legion, when it was released, with no flying…

No, nor do I…whose fault was it? Flyi-oh, wait, err CLass Order Halls yep, definitely that!

So here we are, in BfA with no flying, and -War-Mode. A Whole Game Mode designed for World PvP. What has happened? Blizzard have to bribe the Alliance to turn it on, giving an actual material advantage to one faction over the other.

But sure, blame Flying…

5 Likes

wpvp hasnt been a thing since BGs came in early classic .

2 Likes

Let me gues you one of these people who camp zones to gank helpless low lvs ?

Southshore vs tarren mill or nothing! :metal:

2 Likes

I saw we just remove all forms of mobility altogether and just have every single quest be a follower mission.