Delay flying until 9.0

Many abilities can’t be used in the air. I play WoW to control my warrior not a siege… I just want to have a more spartan feel to the game. Just back to the good old days where rogue’s stun was deadly and where mortal strike actually mortally wounded you instead of hitting like a pillow or foam baton.

Might sound awkward but riding Sebastian would be nice! Grumpy old lobster :smiley:

1 Like

Yeaah but you would just wait me to drop them down for you with my dragons firey breath and then you could beat them to pulp with that mortal strike (yes it should be changed to be more powerful!) with your spartan methods! I keep them coming, good meat to beat straight dropping from sky, you slice them up. Ok? :grimacing:

As opposed to you using it as a stick to beat people with.

Hypocrisy at it’s finest.

Ah you again with your personal attacks on Puny when will you leatn grow up and stop being such a rude and obtuse person on the forums .
Yet again i have flagged your post as a flame bait and personal attack and offtopic.

4 Likes

I don’t ever bring up that I’m an MVP, you have plenty of times though.

So no hypocrisy.

2 Likes

But as you saw in WoD the flying thing was not just hot air, with an outcry like that, blizzard still didn’t listen even tho that would indicate many more wanted flying than not

I think its one of the causes wow is losing subs, after so many in WoD said no to the devs, maybe they should have asked the players what they wanted instead of forcing us to be grounded until it was not current content anymore = no flying

Exactly they lost in the first quater of WoD a total of 3.7 million subs now not all were due to flying but a massive amount were hence they taking it back.

I did not see it because I did not play much back then, but I don’t disbelieve you. Like Blizzard said themselves in the article I linked: it had become a habit to put them (flying mounts) in the end game, and not just for the developers. In a way, I guess it’s like releasing a new expansion without a new raid to come with it. The playerbase has come to expect certain things.

That does not mean that the playerbase is correct, nor does it have to mean that Blizzard is correct. It’s not a black and white issue. I’m with them when they say that flying mounts have had a detrimental effect on the game. Honestly, if you really want to fly just for the fun of it then there are plenty of zones to do so in, but I still think most people want it mainly for the convenience. Flying makes the daily chores less tedious. Perhaps the problem isn’t the lack of flying but the design of said daily chores.

I think I know what I want and not blizzard, and I hope anyone else do to, and it dosnt matter what content they put out for me, I still want flying so I can do more of what I want to do, and not waste time travelling

Considering playerbase seems to be less ever since they removed it, and the uproar, suggests that it is wrong decision by blizzard

Some people with less time, will simply just unsub if they don’t have time for it

About the flying having a detrimental effect on the game, I think its safe to say that is not true considering wow had the biggest playerbase during the expansions with flying

Right, that’s the core of the issue. Travelling is considered a waste of time but we must do it because world quests are randomly strewn across the map. What other content is there to do? Farm materials for crafting? Archaeology? Flying makes traversal for these things more convenient but it also renders the lay of the land obsolete. Just take a moment to consider this: how can they create a challenging/interesting terrain if the players can simply ignore it by flying over it?

Well, by preventing flight for a limited time. That has been their modus operandi so far. A compromise to appease their own vision of the game and its playerbase. It’s not out of spite or malevolence that Blizzard wants to disable flight, nor is it out of idiocy. They did not call a meeting to discuss how to best piss their customers off (contrary to what many might believe (actually I have no inside-information on this, maybe they did?)).

If they were truly wrong then threads like these would not exist and flying mounts wouldn’t be prohibited whenever a new expansion was released.

The challenge is at the content I want to do, not the traveling and the fact we have a terrain and a world is a good thing, it makes it feel like a ‘world’ when I fly and when I don’t fly

How do you know they are not truly wrong? just because we have threads asking for non flying? compared to the mass exodus when they announced no flying, I am pretty sure if they kept flying in as they used to from the beginning ‘at max level’, they would not have lost as many non fly crowd as they do with the pro fly crowd… if you play a game and find that you don’t have as much time doing what you want, where 50% of the time used is traveling, that WILL make players quit imo

so sure they are ‘only 80-90% wrong’… :slight_smile:

I’d disagree with that. Flying will be introduced in 8.2 where these quests will no longer be useful for rewards unless you want the rep.

It’ll be about the Gnomeland and Nagaland in 8.2 just like Argus made the previous zones redundant.

If people find it dull with flying they sure as hell find it dull now.

You yet again completely ignore the fact time and time again in this thread and its getting really annoying and your being rude by doing it sorry to say .
In TBC in terroker forrest they had dailies that had air to air combat invold it was really good fun dailies to do .
If they kept to that model and made content AROUND flying it would be so much better.
Also you skip the fact AGAIN when people say its not all about travel its about see’ing the beauti from a birds eye view .
If you are not going to read peoples comments and respect there views please dont comment any further in the thread because its just basically mocking people and there views .
We read all yours and address please do the same courtesy for others.

3 Likes

Well, yes. There are players who do not want flying. From a design perspective, I think Blizzard was completely in the right and you may disagree. From an economical perspective, they may have shot themselves in the foot. That, I think, we can both agree on. But the economical perspective should not be the dominant one. If it is, then by that logic the film Jurassic Park 2 was a great because it generated a lot of money, yet the reviews were mostly negative.

I do not disagree with this. That may be why flying was most palatable in TBC; because the expansion was made with flying in mind. What I said in my first post, about TBC having the same problems, was related to pvp. I know this because I played it. World pvp occasionally happened in areas with world pvp objectives, such as Nagrand, but it could not compare to Isle of Quel’danas. That area had a habit of turning into a warzone on a daily basis.

No, I do not skip that fact. If someone says they enjoy flying, I believe them, but it’s not going to change my opinion. I’d say it is you who skip the fact that the developers don’t want flying and you refuse to see their perspective. You don’t have to agree with them but at least try to understand where they are coming from. They could have designed all the new maps with the same mentality they had when designing Outland, but they didn’t. Why?

This, I think, is a sound suggestion. Guild Wars 2 changed up their game by adding gliding. This new mechanic would make a lot of the old puzzles that weren’t designed around it simply unchallenging. So what did they do? They disabled gliding in those puzzle areas. Their new expansion, then, revolved around using this new mechanic for solving new spatial puzzles.

WoW does not really have spatial puzzles, but they could at least create an area that is unnavigable unless you have a flying mount. Perhaps have some quests where you get to fly through hoops or something (not the most creative idea ever pitched, but you get the idea).

But now I’ve made three posts in a row so I’m going to chill for a moment.

You, and some others as well, still seem to miss the core point here.

You don’t have to fly!!

If you want to enjoy travelling the lay of the land on the ground, with all the splendors associated with it then there is nothing stopping you, or anyone else, from doing so.

Players who love flying are not trying to stop others from enjoying ground mounts and travelling by ‘road’. They are not trying to implement changes to the game to inhibit people from doing this. I really wish the reverse were also true!

3 Likes

then consider this, how is a terrain challenging and interesting, if all you do is running on rails…
take zuldazar for example… this zone couldn’t be more linear… open spaces are practially non existent… all you do is run through mazes…on the right you can see endless mountains, which you can’t climb up, on the left you get huge cliffs, you can’t jump down unless you are a DH, Priest, Mage or have a goblin glider… this becomes even worse if you are in the city… to the right and left are giant walls, you can’t pass…
if all zones were open like mac aree… I wouldn’t mind that much… but zones like zuldazar just screem “you need flying to get around” since it is NOT FUN running on rails…

Fly on old areas feels as good suggestion for me, than if they removed raids from new expasions and people would be told to do old raids cause they are still there.

In current situation people use flight path and alt-tab/switch to second screen while on it. So they don’t even look at the game when traveling. I think that makes that land more obsolete than someone manually flying over it, stopping on the way to pick herbs/ore or kill rares.

They disabled it only on very location of the puzzle not on whole area. In wow world this would be equal for disabling flying inside and right outside of the Golshire inn. Not even close to same thing than what wow does with flying.

This is what non-flyers always ignore. To me it sounds they just want to keep other players on the ground as their personal scenery back drop. They don’t like to fly and they don’t have to, they are actually asking to remove flying from people who like to do it. It is as ridiculous as if me, as person who does not like to raid, would demand removing raids from the game because people who are in raids are instanced in their own little places and not in open world making world feel more living.

6 Likes