Destro locks need a nerf

‚By doing this’ applies to killing pet and purging buffs of warlock - this cannot be applied to all classes as rogues have no pets and no self buffs to be purged from

destro is fine

Ofc this doesn’t count for all classes.

Chaos Bolt isn’t.

what is wrong with chaos bolt naze?

Instant spells Deal the same damage as one Chaos Bolt. It should hit hard after 3 seconds cast. Give it s cd increase damage by 100-150% and remove all modifiers.

Same for UA dispel damage, it should be a real punishment to dispel the dots.

naze if chaosbolt was meta you would complain in forums how classes kick warlocks and how kicks should have longer cd xd, im all for non cb meta as it was in shadowlands where you died to 2x bolt 90 to 0 in cc

it was only op because of the 4 set

I won’t pay destruction, even if it is the best spec. Don’t like it at all. Either demo or Affliction, rn it is Affliction. I don’t want to play another addon centered around Tyrant window.

Chaos Bolt with cd would be better fit the actual instant Focused destruction. So you have one big ability which needs perfect setup but you can also just play without it.

Mate, even i, who only ever loved to play affliction from TBC - DF did absolutely enjoy to play destro, a spec i never really liked, to play in BfA.

And it was not bc of big stupid chaos bolts, more about its tankiness + easy root spam on top of that arms warrior were pretty weak in the BfA arena meta.

It felt good, to combat the fast melees in this way, melees did not like it, complained cried rivers and turned back to their F1 race car status quo.

Actually other than hard cc, a spamable root is the only thing that can slow fast flying, jumping and teleporting melees down a bit, where as in classics like wrath, only a snare and some range is required.

I never really enjoyed destruction i played it for some big crits but that’s all. My first favourite spec was Affliction with tbc and in mop it was demo.

1 Like

Same, SL/SL and MoP demo S12.

And BfA Destruction, rooting warriors on demand was a clear winner.

Much better than portal hoping and running like a chicken, nowadays, warlocks are not mages, they facetank dmg or use cc.

1 Like

warlocks can actually kait well with portal slow immune and root immune, they just need to line a bit while kaiting and spam slowing curse before using tp, super effective vs bad synergy teams

1 Like

No its Ele atm.

Destro is fine, but Classes like Assa, and Ele have to be nerfed to the ground.

True i always hated the kiting style, warlocks are designed around self-sustaining.

That’s right but for double melee it is less effort to stick to a lock than for the lock team to keep them away.

They are indeed solid, but in the world of meleecraft and broken assa rogues and eles the only lock spec that can truly pump is probably demo

1 Like

right because ele has so much spammable cc. I completely forgot to spec into it.

Yo, unless you’re Maldiva, who kites like hell and accepts it.

I actually do like kiting - i like to do it on a hunter and mage, but it feels wrong to do so much kiting on a warlock.

Not only does it feels wrong for the class compared to old designs, but it obviously does not seem to work for the game. Because when you look in details every arena match you see how big absorbs the warlocks have. Its easily the biggest absorb in the game for a DD spec and this with gate and teleport circle and some very nice arena designs for them like shergrat.

When i logg into wrath pvp, and i still do it daily, because SS ques are too long for my taste - i see a complete different game about consistent high dmg and absolute range dd dominance(armor pen needs to stack higher in later tiers for melee) - kiting is really easy, melees cannot fly, jump and teleport as in retail, they are slow like snails - yet range dds have no real disadvantage and also do not need insane passive absorbs and arenas with dampening.

I’d say DF designers have a LONG way to go, to achieve a good pace in pvp a lot of fluff needs to be removed, like almost all melee having way too much mobility, i think only leather agi classes should have this not strenght+plate classes, yeah meaning warrior merely they are terminators since SL S1, in the classics they were slow as snails and could heal for nothing hard to see the balance, now, just focus and pressure them fast is not the “balance” i am looking for.

Absorbs needs to be removed, too. Especially passive ones, i do not know why dk spellwarden is still in the game as a talent, no one asked for this, dks just use ams and amz.

All this dampening needs to go, either make SS DD only which would also help with que times or healer squishy.(which won’t help que times)

I mean, now is the time to give devs proper pvp design feedback, its now that they are working on pvp and class design, looking at patch 10.1 when they rework pvp talents and prior to that class talent trees.

Now, that their pve content is out and they actually got some time to look into the important things in this game.

All lock specs are prey to assassin, you could see that allready in the old shuffle in SL S4. Reasion is there is no coordinated help and locks have no way to purge the bursty dots other than beeing a dwarf.

Now that just got worser in DF.

Just a crap design.

Its easier to kite a warrior, than survive assassin in shuffle as a lock, if the dude know how to max his burst and is a bit higher expierenced.

And Bigdaddy gets outplayed.

In a fresh tier list, at least in SS, affliction ranks higher than both demo and destro, but its merely due to a drain life bug abuse.

2 Likes

you dont need cc when you can lava lava

Wait when did they say that?

Kiting is good of you can get some good free time to cast, but the high mobility classes can decide when they stick to you and when not.
But I’m still happy about df feels better than SL, season 1 if each addon compared.

I don’t like those big burst numbers, blizzard needs a bit more tuning. Like warlock all 3 specs high consistent damage and low burst damage. Rogue high burst low consistent damage. Those two dd version should exist.