Developer Update: A Look at What’s Ahead for Wrath of the Lich King Classic

Well you don’t have faith in them but the game is still theirs and they are going to be making changes since people are asking for them.

I have zero faith to Blizzard as well since they are just a money first / games second corporation right now, but I have some faith in the the classic team. Apart from their lack of communication sometimes and releasing/nerfing without notice, I’ve been a fan of their changes so far… If they only make the changes they have announced I am positive that WotLK will do fine… If they start releasing shop items / WoW token on the other hand… bye bye classic WoW

Yeah clearly a couple mounts on a shop would have a bigger negative impact on playerbase retention than changes to PvE content. Are you even listening to yourself or did spending too much time on the game cloud your senses or something?

If you want me to pay again for content I am paying a subscription on I ain’t paying and I am canceling my subscription. I already did that once in retail and I will do it again. So I’d say yes it does have impact… All the mounts they added to the shop over the years could have been rep/quest/dungeon drops. And if that is the direction we are heading again I am stopping again. And I am not the only one so there is definitely an impact to those who don’t want to feel robbed.

Please understand that the way you feel about something is not the way everyone else also feels about something. The shop is not a deal breaker for you and PvE changes are. But it is the other way around for me. PvE changes feel refreshing and good, shop feels like you are robbing me… I am already paying a subscription for the content, if you want shop I’m off.

If you think the majority of people playing this game are more likely to quit because of the addition of some cosmetics to an in-game shop rather than because of changes to actual content they play every week that might put said content outside their reach… I really think you’re a lost cause.

It’s like you’re straight-up pretending to not have seen what happened to the population in SoM or during pre-nerf P2.

4 Likes

Yeah I am a lost cause… because from what we know since Blizzard started being super greedy with WoW adding more and more to the shop, the game became more and more popular… Right. And all those mount reveals on youtube had so many likes, I think they were the most upvoted videos on the platform!!!

SoM was wrong timing. I was burned out with classic I didn’t wanna play a slightly different version of it again right now…

Except the in-game shop and cosmetics had existed in the game long before it started dropping off like a rock.

And what about pre-nerf P2?

What about it? People had a blast and blizzard tried to nerf it too fast and people actually cried to stopped them. Where you even playing then? How do you not know what happened?

Yes I was playing back then, and Blizzard actually had to anticipate the nerf before P3 because of the effect the tuning of T5 was having on server populations.

Population always drops 4+ months in a new release in any WoW expansion ever, when it stops being “new” . Had nothing to do with p2 pre-nerf. People actually delayed the nerfs, Blizzard wanted to nerf way sooner. No idea what you are on about.

Yeah and if Blizzard messes up the tuning on either Naxx or the “dungeon challenges” and it ends up alienating even more people I’m sure you’ll find other excuses to avoid facing reality. Lost cause indeed.

4 Likes

Man just go look any other community. The changes are welcomed everywhere except here. Just go look reddit on the same thread or any WoW Classic discord. Everyone is happy. I have no idea why the forums are so toxic and pessimistic. It was my first day to bring some hope here. But I think I will also never post here again.

1 Like

The steady and never dying hope that the next expansion will “fix it” because Blizzard learns from mistakes? Its on a diablo immortals level, Blizzard hasnt failed to let us down in a long time. For one step in the right direction, its at least 2 in the wrong direction elsewhere.
I am a Blizzard fanboy since warcraft1. Its just sad to see one letdown after the other. Imagine, we wanted a faithful recreation of old expansions. Now we get a wotlk-retail hybrid with legit p2w because of tokens/open trade with shadowlands, endless level boosts, as long as players are willing to pay for additional fees, a thumb up for gdkps and their RMT background and untouchable bots everywhere, because they earn Blizzard more money by paying for subs and boosts too.

Blizzard doesnt even get their content release dates right, like RDF release in 3.3.5, which is 6 months wrong, because it was in 3.3.0. There would be ways to improve the game, but the current Blizzard team cant even use google or is lying to our faces. Whatever it is, it is not a good basis for trust.

6 Likes

You created your own sub-reddit or what? I hate to break it to you, but you enveloped yourself in an echo chamber. There is at least an equal part if not more voices against the changes on r/classic and wowhead, not to mention in-game.

I don’t know the exact divide, but if you’re honestly spouting that changes are welcomed everywhere as if there is no debate or critcism, besides this forum, you have no idea what is going on.

Yeah, that’s why you live in an echo-chamber where you only hear yourself and those that agree with you.

4 Likes

Another uppercut to my hype for WOTLK.

Like someoneo said. Your job was to just release wotlk, eventually fixing some bugs. This is not #somechanges anymore, we are at full speed with changing stuff.

Its like those clerks that has to prove their reason for existence and works against normal ppl with more and more bills and stuff. You just cant help urself but to change stuff just for the sake of changing stuff.

I dont believe in any of what You wrote in the blog post, because if u were true to what You have written, You’d never introduce paid boosts etc (not that i have a problem with it i just want to point out the hypocrisy)

5 Likes

I don’t agree with LFD removal. I want to spam dungeons to level alts. With heroic dungeons giving better loot and bigger challange, like some type of mythic+ is a very good change. I don’t have time to raid.

If you are so much focused on player interactions, what are you going to do about Wintergrasp on mono-faction servers? Jumping into a tank and smashing empty fortress is not a player interaction at all.

And WOTLK classic became wotlk retail ala 2022… nice job nuggets

3 Likes

Make the 40-man Naxxramas available in Wrath. Perhaps add it as an instance in Caverns of Time. Tier 3 sets should remain available throughout the game.

Thanks!

Excellent job killing the hype before the game is even released. BRAVO!

3 Likes