Didn't they say they nerf off healing?

Do I remember something wrong or did brolinka say in the interview that they will nerf or take a look at off healing in the next week (which is 2 weeks ago)?

Now the release is in 1.5 weeks, leaving basically 1 week for changes, which would just be untested (oh what a surprise).
How are they working in this company?
It is like you announce a product when you didn’t even start working on it, give it a release date and change everything that you talked about in the week before release.

I see either a disaster or nothing coming next week lol

3 Likes

They also said they would increase conquest gained in the end of season before 9.1. Weeeell…

4 Likes

He said they will take a look next week, not that they will nerf it next week. There is a difference. Also they want to reduce off-healing by giving everyone ms (which is stupid btw).

When was the last time Blizz said something and it turned out NOT to be a lie, half truth or intentionally vague wording making you believe its something else?
The entire interview was an insult to pvp community, so I didnt expect much.

7 Likes

so they took a look, went back and said “nah it’s fine”
kk alrighty then
not like it matters anymore

well I expected to hammer out completely stupid changes to healing. they failed me on that so far :frowning:
still not expecting reasonably changes hehe

They also said they would return wod gearing system :rofl:

That’s still happening once next Season starts. PvP gear will scale up

No. It isn’t even close. It’s a misnomer to call it WoD gearing.

1 Like

Tbh, i don’t think they finished yet 9.1…
My thoughts:
They get pressured to bring the content this month just to have good looking numbers for shareholders.
I mean, cmon TBC AND 9.1. in the same month? Thats huge.

So we basically are beta testers

2 Likes

How come? WoD PvP gear literally worked that way. It scaled up in ilvl once you entered PvP combat

Where’s the PvE gear ilvl downscaling in PvP? Where’s the catch-up conquest? Where’s the way the gear only had “one” ilvl (in other words, no need to upgrade the items like now)?

PvP gear also scaled down way more outside of PvP, because they actually made it a point to separate the gear (well, that’s what they aimed for at least) in order to let the gearing pace be so very different.

What they’re doing in 9.1 isn’t WoD gearing. Not even close.

3 Likes

If PvP ilvl upscales, it automatically makes PvE gear less important in PvP. Isn’t that the goal? Top end PvP gear will finally be the best gear for PvP due to the upscaling

As for catch-up, I’m going to guess there will be catch-up next Season

Alright, just gonna quote the post that goes over it in more detail, where it lists the actual effects of the 9.1 scaling. (Which isn’t the WoD system. It’s just a bare imitation of it.)

The only overlap in WoD, was PvP gear usable (although not great) for heroic dungeons, and affli locks unique stats weight emphasizing haste and mastery so much that their BiS gear for PvP was mixing in a lot of mythic raid with the gem slots on top of it in WoD s3, since when it got downscaled it still led to a lot more damage than the pure PvP gear.

The rest was properly separated. Which we’ll NOT have in 9.1

In 9.1, you’ll still have overlaps for everything pre-duelist and pre-mythic raid difficulty levels. In other words, it’ll affect MOST of the player base. Which WoD gearing would NOT do.

2 Likes

if this is about money they would delay 9.1 for 1 or 2 months so people who are bored of tbc play 9.1 immediately. People subbing and playing both tbc and 9.1 at the same time is more or less a “money loss”.

in WoD you had 2 different sets not 7 different Honor ilvl and 5 different conquest ilevels. Thats a huge difference. Also you got farm a honor set in 2 days.

to be fair this was the case for 99% of the gear last this season too. There was maybe a ring and a cloak that gave overall 0.5% upgrade but in general it was the best gear. The change in S2 with gear downscaling outside of pvp was made so pvers are less forced to grind pvp which also might help the “boosting problem”.

what Ion said in the interview he doesnt seem to think that catchup is a problem at all. I doubt there will be anything done in the near future.

1 Like

No they didnt said that. Holinka said that they thibk about implementing something for catchup closer to the end of the season 2. …propably in patch 9.1.5.

Here is my take on that:
Cut healing from all instant heals by half. Even the healer ones.

Boom, problem solved

I always love it when people make stuff up.

2 Likes

You mean trollinka?

Seems their answer to stupidly high healing is to give more dps a MS effect which is just crap. The hybrid dps self heals should be nerfed by 50%.

yea

I mean they always talk rubbish but this time it was like 2 weeks before announcing the release date when they said that, so i thought they have more credit then usual.
Apparently this was false and you cannot even give them any trust as any word they say is forgotten as soon as it leaves their mouth, incredible

that would be very stupid and actually what blizz would probably do.

We are talking about stupid OFF healing not self-healing. Only selfheal that is really out of control is certainly ret.
enh oom quickly
feral has small selfheal but continues if only use their procs
shadow, boomer, ele all is hard casted

if anything you should make OFF healing 50% reduction.

the healing reduction effects (the base 25%) will not change much. It basically opens a little more comps but will not change any damp crap

1 Like