Disconnecting all the time (WOW51900323) [09/12]

Nowt else to do, its freeking freezing outside… lol

1 Like

Here is what you need to understand, and its written pretty early up in the EULA.

“Your use of the Platform is licensed, not sold, to you, and you hereby acknowledge that no title or ownership with respect to the Platform or the Games is being transferred or assigned and this Agreement should not be construed as a sale of any rights.”

You dont own anything, have never owned anything, or will ever own anything relating to WoW just because you pay a subscription.

YOU. HAVE. NO. RIGHTS.

We pay a fee to license access of their servers. We dont pay a fee to guarantee up time of said server or compensation for when its down.

Its. That. Simple.

EDIT: To add, section 1 vii states in caps “YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BLIZZARD IS NOT REQUIRED TO REFUND AMOUNTS YOU PAY TO BLIZZARD FOR USE OF THE PLATFORM, OR FOR DIGITAL PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THE PLATFORM, FOR ANY REASON, EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.”

Edit 2: I love the EULA. Dont you? Section 6 Limitations of Liability “To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, Blizzard, its parent, subsidiaries, Licensors and affiliates shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of your use of, or inability to access or use, the Platform or Account(s). Blizzard’s liability shall never exceed the total fees paid by you to Blizzard during the six (6) months prior to your making a claim against Blizzard, unless applicable law explicitly disallows this limitation, in which case Blizzard’s liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.”

3 Likes

Do you stop paying the sub while you sleep? work? poop? NO and they are not TAKING you money its not mandatory! you CHOOSE to pay a sub.

2 Likes

Same here. Only -9, but still. I’ve started daydrinking instead.

1 Like

Stop hating on daddy blizzard trying to repair the issue, big respect to the devs/server team keeping things afloat!!

1 Like

Doesnt matter, when i sleep, etc, the game should be running without problems, as I am still paying for the service, I dont pay for a broken update. - I pay to play a game, whenever I feel like it, I should not be met with Disconnections etc etc. - like others have mentioned, sh!t like this needs to be tested before released.

3 Likes

Are you on crack brother ? I think you need to read licence agreement.

2 Likes

let me think… hmmm… they released something that doesnt work.
they didnt pay any attention at the problem for 9 hours.
and now some ppl trying to convince me, that “pay fee for play” doesnt mean that i can play.
mhmmm
yaya, great devs

5 Likes

Yes it’s freezing in Manchester now!! brrr

1 Like

i just bought 0.5l bottle of cognac to play and drink and damned servers are down.

2 Likes

go for a walk kid, looks like you need to chill a bit lmao

1 Like

Ah yes, the good old “needs to be tested before” trope.

Whenever someone write this, one random IT dude/gal dies somewhere in a ditch.

Just let the Devs do their work. They’ll fix it, then you can go back to get your fix

It’s baffling how fiercely some people are defending Activision, for their mistake. It’s insane. Servers being down is entirely Activision’s own fault, people complaining about it are absolutely right to do so, and some people are citing EULA and telling others to go do the dishes… How did we get to this point?

6 Likes

man, person who counts his money, - the person who pays himself.
kids are ppl who doesnt know price of money yet and just “let it go”

While I get you want to play a game you’re paying a subscription for and releases should be thoroughly tested, sometimes, sh*t slips through the cracks.
It’s frustrating trying to play a game when you’re constantly getting DC’ed, I know, my desk took the brunt of it while I got DC’ed over 15 times in a row.

At least they are trying to fix things now.
And like in every industry, a product can be unavailable at times, even if you pay a subscription or a fee for it. But that is in no way a subscription to guarantee a 100% up-time. Because it is not feasible. Same goes for the game.

It sucks balls. But suck it up and deal with it.

You’ve clearly not worked in anything software related in your life and need to get out of this little bubble. Is your life that empty and shallow that WoW is the only thing you live and strive for?

There was an error with an update, it happens. They have taken it down to fix. It happens. Will it be fixed? Yes. This is not a conspiracy about Activision. Stop your whinging.

2 Likes

All true, although server restart was not announced, as well when it comes back

Why do you waste your time explaining this simple things to brainless people ?

Dude sitting there, thinking blizz should turn a switch and everything is fine.
I really love to watch this posts lmao

1 Like

no. its about 9 hours of ignorance.
if they fixed it during hour, none wud even speak about compensation.
sh!t happens, yes. but they released and “closed case”, without even checking if there will be any problem. I remind u: problem started at minute they opened servers; ppl started to post complains 5 mins later. and zero reaction.

2 Likes

this is stuff they need to sort out durin the actual downtime, between tuesday and wednsday… - Instead we’re met with these random downtime periodes,. which are often less than an hour, Ok I get that to sort out hotfixes… etc etc, but when something breaks and it takes em more thaan 9 hours to roll-back a hotfix update then i do have a problem with it… not all of us can log in whenever we feel like it, some of us are parents, got work and very busy weekplans… - so when we’re met with these broken updates, its frustrating… - I work hard for my money not to be spent on nonplanned downtime and broken updates.

3 Likes