Disenchanted Demon Forged Breastplate can't restore

Yesterday (almost 24hrs ago) i accidentally disenchanted my equipped Demon Forged Breastplate. But for some reason it is not visible in the item restoration menu. I was distracted while disenchanting other items and was a bit tired. Is it possible to restore the item at all? Used my last gold for that chest :frowning:
Iā€™ve not used the service recently or stayed logged in.
I also canā€™t see that itā€™s a special case for https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/16572
Character: Zed-Firemaw TBC Classic

If you cannot find the item on item restoration page, please create an in-game ticket and weā€™ll see if we can help. ^^

I did that, the following is the interaction with 2 gmā€™s so far. And sorry for being rude at the end but the 2nd response was terrible service.

[edited out name by Blizzard]
Hi there [edited out name by Blizzard],

Iā€™m GM [edited out name by Blizzard], thank you for your patience while I was reaching you and your ticket, with Patch 9.05 and The Burning Crusade Classic appearing soonā„¢, this has made us exceptionally busy.

I can see your having some problems with recovering a disenchanted item. When you disenchant an item it moves into a holding space until your relog, then its moved to the deleted inventory. If you tried to restore it too quick, it wouldnt show up.

However I am pleased to say that it is now showing on the item restoration page, give this a try now and it should work correctly :slight_smile: Stay safe and well.

Kind regards,

(/ĀÆā—” ā€æ ā—”)/ĀÆ ~ Hereā€™s the handy link for your case:
https://battle.net/support/en/case/detail/77906565
24 hours ago
Hello [edited out name by Blizzard],
thank you for your hard efforts and work. I hope you guys doing all right.
Unfortunatly i still canā€™t see the Demon Forged Breastplate in my restoration Tab. On my Character Zed - Firemaw TBC classic Horde.

Cheers [edited out name by Blizzard]
12 hours ago
This ticket has been marked as Answered.
12 hours ago
Hello!

How are you this fine afternoon! I am [edited out name by Blizzard], here to help you because even legendary heroes like yourself need assistance sometimes :slight_smile: I hope the weather isnā€™t too bad where you are? :slight_smile:

First, Iā€™d like to say sorry for the wait time getting to your ticket. Weā€™ve been in-undated with returning players currently at home due to recent world events.

Good news! Weā€™ve released the GM item restoration abilities to you, the player! This allows you to more quickly fix any mistakes you might have made yourself.

To proceed to restore see: https://battle.net/support/restoration

If you canā€™t see your items or your character, down the bottom of the select character page, click ā€œCanā€™t find your realm or character?ā€ to refresh the page.

If the page is constantly refreshing or otherwise not working, try another browser, and ensure that there are no active browser addons.

Additionally, many people are working from home right now, often requiring a VPN or network tunnel. Weā€™ve had reports that these are causing issues for some players. Please ensure that you fully disable these features and try again.

If the items you are looking for are not in the self item restore system it means they have been permanently purged and this will be so for the GMs as well. We will not be able to recover purged items. The higher quality and item level, the longer items remain in the deleted cache. Lower level, and lower quality items are purged quite rapidly as people extremely rarely request anything other than epics and above back.

I understand that it might not be the answer you hoped for but I would like you to know that itā€™s been a pleasure to assist people like yourself, where possible :slight_smile:

Enjoy the rest of your day! May all your loots be best in slot!

Game Master [edited out name by Blizzard]
Blizzard Entertainment
12 hours ago
Like i told you already the item should be visible and restorable after your guidelines but IT IS NOT VISIBLE. Itā€™s a bug on your system either with a database feature or web browsers. Can you please help me instead of sending generic answers for dummies.
11 hours ago
Also. Your first response was that the item is visible for you. But not on my side. So how is that possible ? I used different browser devices etc. Deactivated all add-ons and tried different measures. Pls fix the problem

Hey Kratos,

It looks like the issue has since been resolved. Our apologies for the misunderstanding with your earlier tickets. Iā€™ve quickly edited out the names you left in the quoted text as we do not want any kind of naming and shaming on these forums, plus it included some real life names as well.

I have the same problem and have no idea how to open a ticket :C

Edit: Nvm some super nice and kind gm helped me c:

I am experiencing the same issue, on TBC classic.

I made a ticket and received the same unhelpful generic response about the Restoration page. Judging from the comments abovr, it seems that GMs can actually restore Disenchanted items even with the current bug on the restoration page.

Please Zaxithorne could you help me out? I accidentally DEā€™d my T4 Voidheart Gloves, and still have the void Crystal to exchange for the restore.

Thanks.

You need to reopen your ticket and link Mosinathusā€™s post further up this thread.

Same issue with disenchanted items and Burning Crusade Classic, and same generic answer unfortunately ! Disenchanted item doesnā€™t appear in the restoration tab unfortunatelyā€¦
I linked this thread to my reply, but i donā€™t think they bothered looking at it !

Same issue, couldnā€™t get them to restore the item. Cancelled ticket after being declined four times by three different GMs. Donā€™t bother with it, just farm the item again.

Because weā€™ve had some misunderstandings with the information from this thread, weā€™d like to make clear that for Customer Support there is a difference between the issue handled in this thread regarding recently disenchanted items from BC Classic not showing up due to a bug, and an issue for items that have simply been lost too long ago that therefore can no longer be restored. We will always strive to help with the former wherever possible.

However, our ability to assist with most things is very time-sensitive because the logs we use to verify what happened to such things are only available to us for a limited time. Our server databases are unfortunately purged of deleted data such as deleted characters, deleted items, and expired mail after a certain duration of deletion. This is done to help maintain the server stability and performance and keep our log database from getting too large to process but can unfortunately lead to items being lost beyond verification for recovery. It is at this point we will have to unfortunately explain that assistance is no longer possible.

If you have any sort of item or other recovery issue that youā€™d like our Customer Support to assist with, the quicker it is reported after the fact the better the chance is for a positive outcome.

Iā€™m going to lock this thread now to prevent further bumping, as we believe the information in this thread speaks for itself.