Does FF14 raids seem more complex than WoW raids?

But I find that the WoW combat has become really bloated over the years.
We started at 1 button rotations and now at least people like me (who move often from one class to another) depend on a rotation suggestion addon for the damage and tank roles due to all the things to keep track of in the rotation alone with all the stuff to avoid being hit by.

That does not mean that I am a supporter of pruning. In fact I love having a wealth of abilities that do not generally have use in combat.

1 Like

My balls will rise from the ashes like a Phoenyx!

damn i hate FF thread

My main thing about FF raid encounters is a lot of the stuff is telegraphed which is great for not needing addons. Also the music for bosses, and phase switches… Also busters are pretty fun.

can this already stop? :smiley: like i understand you like the game you want to tell everybody about it but can you not make every other thread about FF?

same here

i am, most SL additions are meme. i hate reapplying slice and dice for example, but i can tolerate this iteration of unpruning for the sake of people who really wanted it ( who are they i wish i knew, havent seen many happy unpruning posts after the actual launch of SL )

i think the game shouldnt focus on making its classes more complex in general, since the entry barrier for new or retruning players gets to high

Actually most players agree that we want more complex classes like FF14 has. You shouldn’t be able to master a spec in a few minutes of reading a guide, it should take tens of hours with complex rotations and combo system. Class design in WoW is still catered too much to the casuals even after the “unpruning”.

Stuff like Eyes of the Beast and Doom ritual are not things that hinder players from playing the class.

wow mythic raids are much more complex in stopping people from quitting the game and refilling your 20 man raid roster every day
and yeah finding people who wish to play 3-4 meta specs from total 35 is kinda hard as well, cause it’s 2021 already and blizzard still can’t make melee dps relevant and fix godamn % auras so these 3 specs wouldn’t do 50% more damage in single target than others

by looking Twitch, forums, discussion and so on numbers are rly far away to be the same between WoW and FFIVX. To be Honest even ESO have more active players and forum then FF. However, for me these people are completely free to go to FF, just send me your gold before go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, i don’t care about FF. For Example, I play ESO besides WoW. When i want to play ESO i go on ESO Forum to discuss issue and so on, same as WoW when i want to talk about WoW. Again… I don’t understand why FF players come here to create so many threads about FF. The only reason possible is that, the reality is that their game, community, forum are rly far away to be complex and complete like WoW and they need to take out their frustration

2 Likes

If you think thats the case in this game, or that you mastered your class, then i have bad news for you.

1 Like

By looking your dungeon, raid progression and achievements, few minutes of reading a guide is not enough to learn how to play wow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

if you think that the 10 same people that rant about wow being too casual friendly every single day are “most players” then yes. but I have sad news for you: The reason why wow is casual friendly is pretty much because the biggest chunk of the fanbase are in fact casuals that prefer the game being “too casual”

Have you tried Guild wars 2?

Not banned just not supported. I have both details and dbm like addons when I play 14

Eden’s Gate (Savage) was cleared multiple times within the first 14 hours of release.
So, no.

Sure. These two are meme unprunes.

Are there even non meme unprunes? I can’t think of any unpruned spell worth using off the top of my head.

Shiv, SnD for my current spec i believe wasnt in BfA.
Or auras instead of passives for ret plus turn evil.
I didbt need these, believe or not these tiny changes plus new covenants skills made me buy red dragon legend chroma mouse with 16 extra buttons.
Cause my perfect line up where i utilized all easy to acces buttons was ruined :slight_smile: and i had to get myself a mouse with few extra easily accessable buttons.

May be overkill, sure. But i never stated i am a sane responsible adult.