Does Having an Alt Army Give an Advantage?

Yeah you will need at least 2 people and a combat res to do it. You also need a second person for the Unholy infusion.

1 Like

I just wanted to have 1 of each class. Then ARs became a thing. Then Heritage armor became a thing. Then I decided it was time to move to a new server and obv I wanted my 12 (+now Evoker) classes there. So I ended up with 50 characters somehow.

1 Like

I usually suddenly get the urge to make/play alts and then that urge is suddenly gone again as well, leaving me with a whole bunch of chars i dont play.

1 Like

I cant stand it either, I hope its not overly long one. Theres beta for testing for blizzard and players to give feedback, I get 1 week downtime with seasonal achievements locked during pre-patch for reasoning people to test out new stuff and the like, I can do that in few days or week too but all after that Ill just wait boringly when I can start pushing my end game content again. It would be like playing skirmish for weeks with no stake so would also get bored real quick.

1 Like

I plan to have 4 characters in TWW, one of each armor type.

• casual RP character
  • guild RP character
  • Alliance sidekick
  • Horde sidekick

Sidekicks are there to support the warband to achieve its goals through farming, limited time events, seeing the story from the Horde side as well, etc.

I think alts can be an advantage but not to the extent which would damage the game. If someone has enough time on their hands to manage a 50 characters army, be my guest.

Yes well im going to try and pug a group when i get back to the game it does seem like it would need atleast 2

I think the SL Pre-Patch had all those world bosses in Icecrown and it was a good event.
But it worked because the bosses were on a set routine (order and time) so large groups would gather at the spot and then there’d be all the jokes, toys, banter, messing around.
Not sure why the festivities worked well there but World Bosses in actual expansions are just boring.

To each their own, I found it really boring like all pre-patch events.

I wonder if I’d have still liked it if it were a week expansion event like Superbloom. I suspect probably not.
But for the few weeks of groups gathering in Icecrown I did enjoy it.

This year I’m likely to just do the bare minimum to get the few cosmetics that are available. toys and pets and a mount no doubt.

Alts add extra chances to get mounts and pets
they also give you an advantage of playing a more Overpowered spec, like in pvp, one season it may be a warrior next it might be a demon hunter… etc

they also keep the game refreshing …

i also find that having multiple professions is a great way to dominate both in PVE and PVP
getting those recipes first on an alt can save 100000s of gold

generally speaking… with the TWW tmog changes … its still a GREAT benefit to have a warrior alt. as they can wield and use most transmogs but also meaning they have a larger table to get drop chances of rare items or tmogs bound to those that can wield them
like Tasalach from aggramar

• tldr: always have a warrior alt, and play at least 2-3 alts at a time to get Power gains quicker for your main character

I definitely had an advantage with the weapon skins for bullions. Alts helped me a lot.

I’ve been gathering some bullion but I realised I won’t have more than the initial appearances as none of the alts have the currency for upgrades.

Are you able to upgrade yours?

It is great for making money from WQ’s.
I just did a weekly test with my 12 lvl70 alts. Only the Last Hurray’s and the world quest that give 600+ gold.
I made more than 100000g + gold from vendoring stuff.
It’s also very boring and very time consuming. So I just do it if I want to buy a very expensive item.

But pre-patch is the best time for pvp!
Everyone is geared and queuing random bgs since rated doesn’t matter.
Abilities and talents have been shuffled around so people are trying different experimental “lol” builds and there is no meta.
People aren’t taking pvp so overly serious and are generally just playing for the fun of it.

Yah just one problem when you make a lot of keybinds the beta seems to disconnect you and delete all of the work you put in with macros etc so annoying

With most things in beta, you have to set everything up you want. The log out of the game and back in. Then if you get a d/c it wont reset what you’ve done in that session.

In Alpha it was horrendous at one point, every d/c you lost all the abilities off your bars and it didn’t matter what you did they’d go :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

And for me its what ruins it when theres no stakes, I setup new talents and addons/macros and whatnot in 1-2 day and then wait. If they announce it take longer than 2 weeks I likely unsub for month cause I know I wont do anything for the time anyway till seasonal achievements are unlocked again for next season. Its not much for accounts per month, its just princible to not put money on something that dont use.

There’s world quests in dragon isles that can reward upwards of 2k gold per a character with the dream buff. So definitely is a huge advantage.

I foresee similar things happening in TWW.

We could up the stakes by betting on who wins the random battleground and even each flag cap in wsg :wink:
:hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: :dollar: :dollar:

1 Like

I am far too lazy to far gold, it isn’t fun for me in the slightest. I just buy a token maybe twice a year, if that. I really don’t use it much :thinking: