Doing the Healer Shuffle

So we’ve got a really good solo Shuffle update inbound addressing the leavers issue.

Within that Blue post is this little tidbit:

They know there is an issue with healers in Solo Shuffle but they don’t really know what to do about it.
PvP Healers, Blizzard needs your help!
Now is the time to get some good ideas out there, before they try to throw a Satchel or some other bauble at you as an incentive to queue for SS.

I don’t believe some external gift is going to attract enough healers.
We don’t need faster conquest/honor.
We don’t need another mount.
We don’t need more gold.
We need SS healing to be moreFun/lessPunish! We need to shift the psychology of SS healing.
And we need to do it without increasing Healer throughput/longevity and making an SS last an hour.

So what ideas ya got? :smiley:

1 Like

Remove most of the CC. Reduce interrupts or make them DR. Remove the burst where someone dies in less than a GCD. Precognition should be baseline and give a 6 second immunity.

Also, remove interrupts from healers or give them to all healers.

It’s ridiculous how when you use your casting immunity, people will just stun you to heaven and beyond until it wears off. If they miss an interrupt because you faked them? NO PROBLEM, GOT A BILLION OTHER WAYS TO STOP THE CAST.

4 Likes

Make Dampening increase Healer’s dmg!

Every healer has walked away from losses thinking “you didn’t beat me, the devs did” due to dampening.
The SS format requires heavy dampening to keep 6 matches from going overly long.
But healing is already a high-stress role. Dampening is an every increasing escalation of that stress. We just get weaker and weaker until we’re all but helpless.

If our dmg potential went up as our healing potential went down, then dampening would represent an escalation in tactics for healers as time went on. Rather than just a downward spiral of despair.
This would make healers continue to feel relevant in the matches, without prolonging the matches. It’d even shorten the matches!

3 Likes

Theres too much cc, too many stops, too much burst in the game to make it enjoyable for healers

Blizzard cant fix this in DF, they might can in the next expansion. This needs a major overhaul, this is not gonna happen in a random patch.

Youre just not able to play the game as a healer. You sit cc most of the game, then youre out of cc, then you have to deal with a bunch of interrupts while trying to heal the insane burst.

And if youre a healer that has to cast its already over. But that goes for all casters, although most casters have different spell schools while healers usually have only 1. So this affects healers more than other casters. Any spec that has to cast a lot is automatically bad in this meta.

Also 6 second lockouts are too much, should be capped to max 4 seconds.

Im really interested how Blizzard is intending to make it better for healers. My guess is that the only way to make improvements right away is to adress dampening. Which would be a bandaid fix to a bandaid fix.

1 Like

Increase lobby times!

I don’t think anyone would complain about another 30sec of lobby time between matches. The extra time to discuss strategy alil further than “target?” could definitely soothe some healer nerves.

Dampening starts too fast, healers need to spam heals instead setup cc, deal damage, and that’s not fun.

Also award more CR for healers, it will be easier to get legend title tha on DPS.

Give unique healer only mogę, enchants, mounts.

On top of legend title give "legendary healer’ or something.

Reduce our remove the ms effect of all classes. Dampening is enough. Also remove the heal absorb effects.

Another thing they could do is Dampening and ms effects don’t stack. Than the heal absorb abilities work like Dark Pact. High Dampening reduce the effectiveness.

I will not que yolo shuffle until blizzard offer one pack of xanax per game.

2 Likes

One possible help could be getting an account wide acknowledgement that you played a game as a healer, giving you priority when searching as a DPS.

Of course, there could be issues with this, such as playing a healer half-heartedly at low rating and then searching as a DPS. We also wouldn’t want it to discourage dps-only players so it will only work if it significantly increases the number of healers searching.

That idea never even occured to me. But its kind of brilliant actually. But sadly i think some healers would benefit too much from this.

3 Likes

Give me 5k gold per match.

That would make queues even longer for those who don’t have any interest in healing.

i actually think rewarding healers with gold per shuffle win would make a lot of people queue healer at least more often.

Easy. GIve us 50% more ratings gained per game won. To compensate for all the DPS who don’t use defensive, charge, and don’t care about anything but still blame healers.

2 Likes

What do we do about the healers that fail to heal eventho i use all my defensives and still die because healer doesn’t know how to optimize healing? Or are all healers flawless and all DPS useless?

The prime example. Rogue dosen’t even acknowledge my first sentence. Straight to the “it’s healers” fault mode.

2 Likes

Did i imply i didn’t aknowledge your first sentence? Its ok when you say “DPS BAD!!! ARRRGH” but when i say “well, if healers do bad then?” its bad? Hypocrisy

Why should healers get more rating for dealing with bad DPS, but DPS shouldn’t get more rating when dealing with bad healers? I want to be compensated for when my healer trinkets a stun he could just sit through. I want to get compensated when healer messes up to.

No. It’s simple. If both healers are bad, equal opportunity. If 1 DPS is bad it’s always a loss with him. If you are so mad at healers. Then just roll one. Problem solved for your rating.

2 Likes

Well, I feel ya mate. Healing in arenas feels like playing on a remote keyboard with failing batteries…

But this suggestion is a game-wide overhaul, not just an SS (or even arena) update.
Can’t see it happening.
We need a targeted, easy to implement, update for SS.

that is not true at all, as a healer if 1 dps is bad/feeing if u do your best while with him to get 1-2 wins with him, u will win the other 3 easily so its a win

overall if you can’t climb as a healer it’s usually your fault, no others fault, but its like this in any competitive game that u play with randoms

1 Like