Don't get it - why does A get buff + loot for nothing?

[quote=“Tempa-kul-tiras, post:40, topic:25554, full:true”]

If you mean 25 kill quest credit, 40 raid gets no credit for any kill. A 6 raid gets no credit. Plus, that quest is gone weeks ago. Call to Arms also is party only.

If you mean honor points, it’s scaled, fair enough. And both sides have same honor point rules, so no problem there.

Either way, you are talking about a player controlled pvp situation. This is not a problem with the game, it’s a player issue, with player solutions.

For example…
If it’s a time of day when your opponents can gather 40… no reason why you can’t form a 40 and retaliate. Horde have a larger pool of players with wm on, so lfg should be overflowing with frothing bitter Horde, looking for payback on the free item Alli got… weeks ago.

2 Likes

aoo quest is back, seen it this morning (EU), back with the nice 20% bonus xp. time to level some alts.

Yep yep yep, lots of allies in Zandalar today. Keep em coming.

This does confirm that a lot of ally warmode players slowly left again though and that is a bit disappointing. Or more Horde players joining Warmode without even having much incentive to do so. If that’s the case, I’m proud of y’all.

1 Like

The issue is that there’s a lot of passive horde warmode players (warmode on,but never does outdoor content,like most people in most mainly raiding team),and that most of the alliance warmode players only do it for the quest and turn it off afterwards

Imo it’s not right to reward a faction because they don’t care about PvP for the most part

Looks like we need another go then. I wonder if this will be a pattern, or will it eventually settle.

I can see this becoming a pattern. Seems like there are not enough “real” ally Warmode players that will have it on regardless of there being a reward or not so numbers slowly went down again.

As long as it works like it does now, it’ll be a pattern. I mean, right after the quest disappeared last time, so did the Alliance. Literally the next day I could run around without having groups of 4-5 alliance jumping me on the way to a dungeon.

Instead of keeping it on they rather complain and get the quest again.

PvP Servers were not always great, but this is just idiotic. Make the WM-toggle a bit more permanent, swappable once per week or something…

Or give them the quest only if they played in warmode for a full week before without interruption

4 Likes

It took several weeks to go back to 20% though. That suggests there’s more to it than a sudden drop in Alliance.

If that’s the case, it looks like it will repeat. Alliance will now hammer for a week or two, then back to 15%, then be at 15% for two or three weeks, then back to 20%.

We might get stuck in this loop… many Alliance won’t mind this situation, happy to get the free gear. Ofc I won’t turn it down, why would I. But, it would be awesome if a number of Alliance looked at getting to 10% as a target. Suppression raids are the only way I see to break out of this loop. Has to be a continuous pounding of the key areas Horde congregate, like Drustvar’s azerite wq.

I have no control over what other Alliance do, I just will try my best to do my part, and hope others do as well. Not just ganking, but focused suppression ganking.

The free gear is 385, not 400 anymore. Unless you’re an alt or a total noob, that gear won’t matter, so has lost all the potential drive for people to join.

I personally use WM just for levelling and i wonder if the % to balance those rewards are only for 120 char or for every char.

And this is why the loop won’t be broken, if it turns out to be a loop. Most people just want the reward, and then leave. And this behaviour will be encouraged now that Alliance players are finding out about this loop. There is no downside for most Alliance players.

They enter Warmode when they get the aoo quest, own Horde for 2 or 3 weeks, then when the quest is gone they leave. Repeat that until the end of the expansion. Sure Horde get to have a fairly balanced Warmode for a couple weeks because the Alliance drop-off is gradual, but they will never have those 2 weeks of absolute domination because the moment enough Alliance have left, they gets the aoo quest again.

They basically turned Warmode in another warfront cycle only Horde players will never get their turn.

Unless the incentive is overwhelmingly good it’ll do nothing to solve the main problem.

People are reluctant to do anything if they feel they’ll lose every time. And some of the Horde Racials, the activated ones,are so good that given equal gear the Horde will always have the advantage when the numbers are equal on both sides.

If Blizzard wants to make Alliance turn on WM without incentivising them then Berserking, War Stomp and Arcane Torrent has to go. Some of the passives also has to go. Tauren HP increase has to go as well and I doubt Horde players are willing to accept that.

Any Racial that gives a large universal or almost universal advantage has to go.

Being a NE over the course of a long fight Touch og Elune does nothing for me. In BoD when I get turned into a Troll and use Bserking I can feel a large difference, and it only gets better when Heroism is used at the same time.

Racials stopped being unbalanced many years ago,with most of the alliance racials being on par or even better than the horde equivalents (look at stuff like stoneform or shadowmeld)

The issue is that the racials were unbalanced a long time ago,and it was then that the raiding population shifted to Horde
Because of that,Horde had a greater recruitment pool,something that makes a massive difference for high level raiders.That lead to alliance raiders moving to horde to have access to the greater recruitment pool,and that lead new players wanting to raid to go Horde.
And because of that,it’s a problem that keeps increasing by itself from itself without any other factors needed.In other words,the Horde is the greater faction because it is the greater faction,as paradoxal as it sounds.

The only thing that’d change that are overwhelmingly massive unfair bonuses to the alliance,and that’s obviously not the right course of action

the alliance cowardice reward is back up, seems that “fix” didnt work, and as we in the horde said, it didnt reward people for playing warmode at all. Proof that the alliance are cowards. Now those that did keep it on, yeah reward them, but now were back to gank raids.

1 Like

Stoneform only has an unfair advantage to a few specs. Shadowmeld is only useful in PvP for guarding an objective and catching people unaware (something I do to great amusement). Unless you’re a rogue first strike means nothing and you only get that if people walk over you.

Horde racials are just better. In a perfect mirror match with equal skill, equal spec, and equal gear, some Horde will always win simply based on their choice of race as it gives them something substantial.

Touch of Elune, increasing my crit from 20% to 21% does nothing on a mathematical level.

Berserking increasing my Haste from 20% to 35%, even just for 10 seconds, has a large effect due to the increased resource generation and lowered cooldown.

If I make 100 attacks, I’ll crit on 21 of them instead of 20, mathematically. Allow me to weep over how effective that is.

With my Haste my attack speed is 2.88, with Berserking it drops to 2.36.

Without Berserking I make 3.47 attacks in a 10 second period. With Berserking I make 4,23 attacks. That extra attack gives me Rage which I can spend on my other abilities.

That’s a huge advantage in an environment where everything counts.

Stoneform removes a lot of debuffs that can otherwise pose a great threat to a raid,Conclave comes to mind,where having a raid full of dwarves can reduce the healing requirement by up to 70%

Shadowmeld can allow you to remove targetted mechanics from a fight,it’s essentially a free immunity for these mechanics

You do realise that you counter an argument about the effect in PvP with a PvE example?

As for a “full raid of dwarves” that’s almost hypothetical in reality. Also it’s only one fight, Berserking gives a benefit in all fights.

Your examples can also be circumvented by skille personal play or others playing skillfully.

No amount of personal skill can give me +15% Haste for 10 seconds.

Because they are bad at the game. Camping flying spots and getting rewards for it just to turn off WM again to be ‘‘out numbered’’ so that cycle can continue. Cycle of welfare gear.

2 Likes

I wonder why they where hiding?..

Because a genius at Blizzard though that this ideea with giving freebies to alliance is great and that the horde will not mind at all. We, the horde, will enjoy getting ganked, unable to receive the rewards, unable to do any wq unless we are forced to turn off WM,just to make the alliance happy. That i think the genius though when they implemented this “freebies” feature…

Yeps totally it, is totally not related at all to the fact the PVP system is like 90% Hordes, it has nothing to do with the fact people dont want to turn on WM to get ganked 24/7 in a 1-3 situations vs 50 Hordes, has nothing to do with the fact that Alliance is ridiculously outnumbered in both pve and pvp, Hordes are always crying when Alliance gets 1 favor which isn’t even a good item that drops, the unbalance between H/A ratio is so ridiculously unbalanced that even with the AOO Hordes are very much mostly the dominant faction, yet i never hear them ever complaining about how 93% of the mythic teams are Hordes because of their racials, never hear them complain about how 85% of the global PVP is Hordes because of racials. No, you just got to spend your time crying over a shi;tty 385 items in order to encourage more Alliance to turn on their PVP and actually create a faction war rather than exterminate every Alliance players from the PVP as a whole because people cant be arsed getting 50v1ed every corner. No you’re just a bunch of communists who whines when it doesn’t benefit you but someone who needs it more instead, not like you can’t get higher ilvl from pretty much anything these days, i did a regular mythic dungeon 2 days ago and i recieved both a 400 ilvl piece and a 410 ilvl piece… Cry me a river and get bent with your communist BS… Life isn’t fair, deal with it.

4 Likes