Dragonflight - The M+ or DIE expansion?

You hit the nail in the coffin this is what blizzard don’t think about in SL i ran 8 15+ with anyone in my guild then i knew i had best gear for vault and then choosed to do the portals i Dont know why blizzard don’t think before they do stuff now its just boosters 2700 premading even in 18+ they don’t take any lower score it makes me sick how anti social wow became in one season.

Compared to any season prior to this season just gives me deppresion.

I know they probably higher the difficulties to 20+ because people geared fast but still 1 gear piece per week feels sad reason to even do m+ for like you make no friends all you feel is like you want to bang you head against the wall when someone dies and then leave and your key and chance of 421 is gone.

Or you choose to stay in it with a guild for 4hrs which is just boring, Like i feel the value of gameplay we pay for is not even in wow anymore.

The dev team tuning is questionable they don’t even nerf the dungeons RPL Vault AA feels way worse than Shadowmoon Burial grounds and Court of stars…

1 Like

That’s why removing M+ as a, well THE, source of gear would instantly make this game a better place. Make it a challenge mode for cosmetics and people to compare their e-peen.

1 Like

The over use of “literally” in this thread killed some of my brain cells. You’re all weird and need to leave the house and get a breath of fresh air or have a beer with some friends.

1 Like

Why does the mythic plus vault reward higher gear than the completed key when raiding does not? Why can’t completing a normal raid reward you higher gear in your vault just like mythic plus does?

Besides the really high keys it’s much easier to do and organize, less time-consuming, repeatable, the gear is up-gradable and even if you don’t time the key you still get rewarded. Why?

In comparison to other activities Mythic plus is just too rewarding to ignore and it sucks. Leaving it yet again for the 4th expansion in a row to be the best source of gear and you can either suck it up or play the way they want you to play.

I don’t think thats right and quite frankly is a really bad attitude for the devs to have.

How about some alternatives Blizz?

Never done one. Never been interested in rushing content like that. I’m enjoying Dragonflight.

Perhaps those two things are related.

1 Like

That is a mythic raid thing, right? I mean people do not need to do that for heroic raids.

This is one of the cases where I would wish I could like a post several times instead of just 1.

More or less. However a mythic raid doesnt really care about having to do “20s” in particular. They are just being done. If they complain its mostly about M+ dungeons as a whole.

However M+ was never flamed even remotely as much as World Quests in Legion/BFA and Islands in BFA due to what the AP was tied to.

Also we too still have people that cant be bothered to complete 8 20s a week (basically only 5 people have filled their vault for the week. The rest is at 1 slot or 2 slots). Many only do some for a 418 piece or even a 415 after a quick glance over our spreedsheet. Or just doing 1 20 and calling it a day. At the start of the season we also didnt really bother with 20. Most of us at least. The gain you get from there is marginal. Getting to 2400 rating is more important.

2 Likes

Since M+ people spammed M+ to increase their ilvl, especially because it’s easier to participate in for the majority of players, compared to raiding. Why did it become an issue now and was never an issue ever before?

WoW was since TBC never an open world game and never ever was it a social game. Since classic did people lock loot or demanded gold for tanking/healing. WoW was the most anti social MMORPG I ever played and I don’t mind that, the gameplay quality is so much superior to most other MMORPGs.

1 Like

If you want to play ‘as efficient as possible’ this is the way, yes.

However: I don’t care. I play what and how I like and ignore ‘the meta’.

2 Likes

Game has no content without M+, just like most other games.
If anything people are asking in other games to implement content like M+. FF14 community was asking for years but it’s not possible there due to core design issues.

To release the valor upgrade restrictions, right?

Yes. For specific pieces like trinkets or to fill some slot here and there because of unlucky raid drops.

This is probably also the only thing that motivates me to want to start doing some M+
The valor upgrading for bad-luck slots is really lucrative.
But for now I mostly practice and practice so that I can heal people in lower M+ keys more easily before I do a deeper dive into M+ keys appropriate for my ilvl

Ye was mainly pointing towards the “raiders have to do M+ to stay competitive” being pretty much bull. Sure the Vault is nice and all but you dont “need” to do 20s to stay competitive.

415 from Valor is already high and beats 421 pieces anyway depending on what piece it is (hello puzzle box). 5 slots of crafted pieces at 418 with 2 being BiS by default also highly lessen the “need” to do M+ for vault.

Tier sets can drop from the Raid Vault even without you having ever killed the boss (for example i can get Ras Mythic helmet in the vault despite only having cleared 7/8M) which also kills 4 other slots in the very least and the only piece you want from the M+ vault would be Sennarths legs due to them being 415 in the raid. And Ras Tier you “need” from the Raid vault anyhow since a +20 Ras head in the vault is inferior to the raid one.

I am glad I am only part of relaxed non-competitive raids.
So I am only driven by a small desire to become stronger, but without really doing things I hate

This was the reason why I quit retail, and for now settled in wrath heroic.

It’s been awhile since I was playing for 4months straight and I am buying another 2months of gametime, I don’t feel I need any break (when in retail maximum was 3months, then I needed like 5months break).

WoW in older expansions didn’t feel like work, it didn’t feel like a big to-do list of anoying activities.

I am playing 2 characters there, and I feel I havo more than enough to do, instead of farming azerite/artifact/anima/w.e power.

The time I spend playing wrath vs what I used to play in SL is the same, but the major difference is - I want to log in to wrath and play it, because I am having fun. In retail I feel like I am doing 2nd work…

Maybe I just got old and bosses with 20mechanics or dungeons’ 4mob pack with 12 mechanics doesn’t appeal to me anymore…

I doubt retail will ever take a different route. M+ is to good of a system to scrap it, but what needs to happen - m+ gear should be seperated from raid gear, like pvp one is now. There should be a massive ilvl increase for raid/m+ gear in heroic+mythic raid/m+ beyond +7.

2 Likes

Like farming rep, mats, gold and then to just join a dungeon/raid where loot is locked? Ye, WotLK is great indeed :slight_smile:

How exactly does WotLK not feel like work where you literally have to farm stuff while in DF, you don’t need to farm anything?

Same 1-2 mechanics like always.

That depends on Skill of people. You can be 5x faster pugging than with a guildy group with bad people

1 Like

Very unlikely. That’s the point of a pre-made in the first place, you can talk to them. And if the pre-made keeps failing more than a random pug, then the pre-made guys need to see a doctor asap.

very likly