Dragonflying ruined the world - Remove flying

Oh, I went further than that.

Plus the measurement was via map size. There is an image that shows the size comparison, but like I said, can’t post it. Don’t have permissions.

Flying took away the immersion of the game because you are essentially just teleporting from A to B without any player interaction or even paying attention. It has made WoW even more a grind where you don’t pay attention to the game.

3 Likes

It is the case actually, though neither of us has an objective reliable way to prove or disprove that.

Maps as they appear ingame don’t matter, only the distances do in terms of yards. And in terms of yards, DF zones are on average twice sa big as EK/K zones, not 8 times as big. Some smaller zones like Elwyn or Durotan are 1/3 of their size at best.

1 Like

All you need to do is turn your Warmode on and have a quick look at Cobalt Assembly the past week. It’s not rocket science. These are a lot of people there.

A few replies above you can find a video of mine as proof (you can clearly see a lot players on just a part of Cobalt Assembly and this was not even peak time).

Sounds like the op think they do but they don’t :wink:

That is in no way a reliable measure of anything. It proves that PvP is not completely dead which ofc it’s not because the game likely has 1-2+ millions of players, but it is a much smaller part of the game than raids/dungeons/PvE world stuff.

You cant speak for everyone when you are dismissing somebody elses views.

You been told plenty of times PVE players do not want to be forced into PVP and same with PVP into PVE

Never claimed we are a majority or something like that. But we exist and when 100+ people gather in one spot for one activity, (which btw doesn’t offer any gear/loot/whatever) it means something.

Remember that I just stated we exist, nothing more nothing less. Using your own statement at the same time you cannot prove our numbers are too small. So saying “it is the case actually” is equally wrong…

1 Like

Then you are ignorant. I was there in Vanilla. Trust me when I say that if world PvP didn’t exist the game wouldn’t even have made it to the first expansion. It was the main appeal of the game. We were all witness.

1 Like

That’s not flying. That’s literally teleportation. You go in the portal and you appear in another place.

I’m just not sure what kind of interactions you people are talking about? What are players supposed to tip their hats when their run into each other? Strake up some casual conversation? Talk about their feelings? What the hell are you people on about?

Flying has been removed from the game up DF. Pathfinder enabling it way, WAAAAAY too late in the previous expansions. Did that fix this supposed lack of interaction? Were people doing the above mentioned? It didn’t. People did their thing and got on their ground mounts instead of their flying ones. So I don’t know what the hell you on about with your interactions.

1 Like

Actually in PvP sandboxes like EVE online the majority of people are PVE players who completely avoid WPvP. They play for the sense of accomplishment associated with gathering and venturing in the world as the threat of getting ganked is always there.
While this facilitates the merging of economy, PvP and PvE, it’s also the polar opposite of what the WoW community wants, which is to keep PvE and PvE completely separated both in their rewards as well as player-player interaction.
Blizzard’s approach is to put everyone into their own happy little place, isolated from other playstyles they dislike. A sandbox would be the exact opposite.

The fact that you are using “talking about their feelings” in a sarcastic and condescending way tells us honestly that something is wrong with you and your current life situation. You are clearly someone who does need more player interaction but you are too addicted to the convenience of moving from A to B in seconds.

2 Likes

It was in vanilla, but it hasn’t been the case at any other point in time since then. If PvP was a large part of the game, Blizzard would’ve put more resources to add more PvP content more often than once every 3-4 years.

This is primarily a PvE game with an existing PvP community, which is still probably bigger than most other MMOs PvP communities.

In that case you’re right, I was under the impression you were talking about a majority. Also ofc I said at the start that we can’t prove or disprove that, but according to their allocation of ALL the content over the last 15 years, PvE is the core of the game.

I cannot deny that, the WoW community is more fragmented than ever. Hybrid content is hardest to implement in WoW exactly for that reason. Because as soon as you put PvE in a PvP activity the PvPers will go like “what? PvE in my PvP???” And of course the opposite is true as well.

However, Cobalt Assembly is a sandbox-like experience where you make your build out of Torghast-like powers and you engage in PvP. All I am saying is that people like me would love more of this.

Now you could create an area where PvP is happening every 2 hours and in-between PvEers go to do their farming but while that gives the feeling of a faction working together to achieve a goal, it is essentially again two different separated “worlds” in the same spot of the map.

At any rate, removing flying is not a solution to any problem. Creating interesting and fun reasons to dismount is what we should be asking.

This is true. I am just glad that Epic BGs are a thing since BFA, we get a new BG the next expansion and that DF brought supply drops and interesting wPvP area back in the game. Also, Solo Shuffle revived the rated arenas and rBG matchmaking will revive rBGs as well. Not to mention BG Blitz is pretty popular and they are thinking at using this format for the rBGs in the future.

Judging from all these features I would say that while we are definitely not a majority, our numbers cannot be neglected as well.

lol, and you’re not one?

Imgur

2 Likes

all from different realms then it doesnt mean much .

never gets old and just wait for the incoming “why are you doxxing me and its agiasnt ToS” post :stuck_out_tongue:

The best thing about that thread was how badly he misread the situation. He thought he’d be starting some protest movement, setting the trend, making people rise up to “force” Blizz to make a change because of a groundswell of support.

Meantime he became the self inflicted butt of the longest running meme these forums have ever seen.

It’s poetry.

2 Likes

I get it. I remember when we only had the regular mounts. The world felt insanely big. Now it’s just jumping from zone to zone. Might as well click on the map where you want to go, get a loading screen and done.

it worked for starfield. :clown_face:

2 Likes