Dragonmaw Community - Fear the Maw :Dragon:

Dragons are no mere beasts, like hogs or cattle. They are a force of nature. Powerful… Primal." - Narkrall Rakeclaw

Greetings Argent Dawn, a few weeks ago I posted an interest thread for a Dragonmaw themed guild. Well that forum thread bore fruit! The information posted below hopefully answers most questions. If not please ask here!

Concept

The Mok’Nelghor Warband is a group of Dragonmaw Orcs whom have decided to pursue the ancient ways of rider and beast akin to that of Orc and Rylak back on Draenor. A relationship built upon trust, respect and devotion rather than that of fear, mistreatment and domination. Splitting off from those set in their ways in the Dragonmaw Clan, the Mok’Nelghor seek to make the sky their home once more and claim it… for the Horde!

Whelps start out flying either a Wyvern or a Chimera, quickly learning to work together with the temperamental beasts before taking one foot off the ground. After finding their feet in the saddle they are entrusted with their own personal protodrake to forge a relationship of trust, respect and admiration.

Lead by Warlord Kagryn Scalebinder from Dragonmaw Port, the Mok’Nelghor seek to bolster the brave The Sun Hawks: Five Years on... against the threat posed by [Dwarf RP] Clan Stormheart - A New Beginning , Knights Gryphons and the Gnomish Air Corps.

The skies have been neglected and underestimated for far too long, it is time to remind our enemies, through blood and thunder.

Ranks

Warlord - Leader and visionary of the Mok’Nelghor, responsible for all of those under his command, in charge of her forces and drakes, and of running the Warband from day to day.

Wing Commander - The Warlord’s right hand, leader of the Warband in the Warlord’s absence and Commander of the Warband’s forces.

Champion - Those that show promise at leadership and are of the Drake Guard may be named as Champion of the Mok’Nelghor and be placed directly under the Wing Commander.

Skyreaver - Only the exceptional amongst the Drake Riders get a chance to be a Skyreaver, the elite of the elite, the best the Warband has to offer.

Drake Rider - The heart and soul of the Warband, most folk would attain this position, a solid rider and warrior, a true Dragonmaw.

Wyrmstalker - Proven that they are not completely spineless and can be trusted to ride. Granted an opportunity to bond with a Drake of their own and join their brethren in the skies. They are one of the Mok’Nelghor now.

Whelp - New and unproven, these orcs are the lowest-ranking members of the warband. While the experience of these individuals may vary, they still have to prove their worth before taking to the skies.

Uniform

Only the Dragonmaw Tabard is required to be worn, however Orcish themed transmog is appreciated.

Mounts

The in game mounts are acceptable as follows:

Chimera

• Soaring Skyterror
  • Ashenvale Chimera

Wyvern

• Grand Wyvern
  • Grand Armored Wyvern
  • Blue Wind Rider
  • Green Wind Rider
  • Tawny Wind Rider
  • Swift Purple Wind Rider
  • Swift Yellow Wind Rider
  • Swift Green Wind Rider
  • Swift Red Wind Rider
  • Armored Blue Wind Rider

Proto-drakes

• Ironbound Proto-Drake
  • Rusted Proto-Drake
  • Blue Proto-Drake
  • Green Proto-Drake
  • Red Proto-Drake
  • Violet Proto-Drake
  • Time Lost Proto-Drake
  • Spawn of Galakras
  • Battlelord War Wyrm

OOC

We use discord as our primary communication hub for everything, it is highly suggested that you join our discord or you will miss out!

Due to the nature of the Dragonmaw complexion only Mag’har orcs will be accepted into the Guild.

We now accept orcs of all skin colours, Lok-Narash!

We accept all classes of orc, anyone with a determined will and strong stomach can ride in the saddle.

Who are the Dragonmaw Clan? Check out the guide I wrote here! ‘[Guide] Dragonmaw Clan: How to train your Dragonmaw

FAQ

*Is there any level requirement for this guild?

No, although level 60 is preferred as we are an aerial based guild, level 80 is even more preferred due to Dragonmaw Port being in the Twilight Highlands.

*What races do you accept?

We accept both orcs and Mag’har orcs OOC but only Dragonmaw Orcs IC

*Where are you guys based?

Currently we are in Orgrimmar for story reasons but usually we rest in Dragonmaw Port in the Twilight Highlands.

*How many events do you guys have per week?

It depends on IRL, a few of us do shift work so normal schedules are a struggle to uphold. Truth is whenever we can, it ebbs and flows but there is plenty of casual to and character development to go round!

PM me on discord if you are interested!

Discord: Irishpeacockz#2164

27 Likes

Sounds like a great concept for a guild! I wish you the best of luck with it!

1 Like

New sky friends! With the even cooler factor of chimeras, I support this guild.

2 Likes

This sounds like a lot of fun, best of luck to you!

3 Likes

Best of luck! About time that the Dragonmaw rise again(once more)!

Little question though. Since Draenor is gone, what is the flyer you’ll be using? Rylaks or Protodrakes?

Or is it up to the individual what to get?

1 Like

Will post a mount section to show folk what is acceptable but the idea is that new members can choose to fly a wyvern or Chimera and after they learn to fly they are entrusted with a protodrake

I believe this is how the Sun Hawks do it with Wyverns and Dragonhawks hope they don’t mind me stealing the idea :blush:

If that can help, of course! New recruits are on wyverns until
a) their player got their hand on a dragonhawk mount. (Since they can be a bit long to obtain if you don’t have it already)
b) we have time to organise an event for them to bond with said dragonhawk. (And also for the character to prove their worth, of course!)

You should have less problems with getting your hand OOC on protodrakes, unless they want one in particular!

1 Like

Yeah, absolutely, the Wyvern/Dragonhawk split is due to simply the fact that we do use Wyverns, and they are the kind of ‘safety wheels’ but mostly, because it lets people have fun, whilst they grind for the main unit mounts. Plus we do actually use Wyverns sometimes. (In our headcanon they are slower but more sturdy, so ideal bombing mounts, -Emphasis on ‘our’ headcanon-) But aye, glorious news to hear there are others who are not bound or trammelled to this earth, but look to the wild blue skies and see a new battlefield, a battlefield that the Horde shall paint red, so that the Alliance know, that at night, when they hear the skirling cry of a Dragonhawk, the Growl of a Wyvern, and the Furious roar of a Protodrake, they exist under a Blood Red Sky…

Also hit us up for an invite to the cross faction Aerial Combat discord channel, which has worked well enough, the last few campaigns…

Anyway, Good Luck! We will…share -Our- Skies with you…

4 Likes

Damn straight! This is making me very much like to return to AD, will probably contact you about joining this week! Keep it up mate.

1 Like

Oh man, another sky guild! I can’t wait to s-

V.V

In all seriousness, can’t wait to see what you guys bring! Let the Dragons fill the sky!

4 Likes

Added a mount section to showcase the acceptable mounts IC as well as my own Dragonmaw Guide in the OOC section for those whom want to know more about the clan!

Also thanks to all the kind words, see you in Azeroth :dragon:

I would appreciate that alot! Miiight barrage that discord with questions :joy:

Here you go man. Upon joining state your faction and set your name as your characters name.

Make sure you give the rules channel a read aswell :blush:!

3 Likes

Very cool concept! Really happy to see a Dragonmaw guild happening!
Would like to interact some day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wyverns are better than dragonhawks.

t. The only Wind Rider RPer on argent dawn.

4 Likes

Not for much longer…

1 Like

Will still be :sunglasses:

Orgrimmar military represent :muscle:

But good to see more people take to the skies!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the feedback so far, the Alliance will fear the Maw once more :dragon: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

Ever since seeing an Orc Hunter with a Protodrake pet and mount combo I’ve been sorely tempted. The only thing ‘saving’ me is the fact I don’t have Mah’har unlocked lol

1 Like

If you ever unlock them we will be here for you!

(P.S if you have Dark Irons unlocked you can faction change and unlock Mag’har then faction Change back and keep them. Expensive but might be attractive if time is scarce :joy:)

1 Like

I’m fairly certain you can’t actually tame proto-drakes to be hunter pets. Rylaks and wyverns? Sure, but not proto-drakes.