Druid or hunter?

I like bears, I like versatility, I like being by myself.

These two quests appeal to me fantasy wise, I want to level one classic, just not sure what to level.

Cna anyone share views please? :grin:

i think hunter is pretty cool to level because the pet does have huge adventure value and you will notice how you grow up with the pet, Of course druid are very cool too and to be honest i think world pvp aspect with druid feels very good to me :stuck_out_tongue: Remember to take the professions to along side with you and what suits on to the role :slight_smile: I think a druid would be good skinning + herbalism and or any gathering professions and hunter could be more of a crafter ^^ and btw, i would recommed you a RP-PVP server if you like to be by yourself, not player amount wise but it will be a lot better there in my opinion just being yourself alone and watching people doing stuff :slight_smile: and the atmosphere are also different because everyone in that realms does know that they are on a RP-PvP realm. and in Rp PVP realm you can get it a bit ā€œlooseā€ as everyone there are used to hear how their opinion does not matter in PVP nor PVE because they are LOL ROLEPLAYERZ, its pretty chill really there, give it a shot if interrestedā€¦

for only leveling i would definetly go hunter but all other stuff like 60 instances, raids and stuff i would go for druid

1 Like

Hunters arenā€™t in a good spot right now because of spell batching. Had I known the extents of the problems with the class I would have rolled something else.

Having said that the journey from 1-60 is still very pleasant as you just grind on without a worry in the world. Donā€™t get too good gear either: youā€™ll just take aggro from your pet.

If youā€™re rolling a druid pimp him up the first levels with int gear.

Depends on your willingness to heal if you want to participate in endgame content as youā€™ll mostly be pigeonholed into going resto as a druid for that in Classic. Druid tanks are fine for dungeons and 20-man raids, but are at too much of a mechanical disadvantage in 40-man raids.

A handful of guilds will use 1/2 as offtank, but not many. Kitties arenā€™t nearly as terrible as people make them out to be, but again, there are better choices to take into a raid. A good kitty needs good playing, specific gearing and a lot of prep (pummelers, etc.).

On the other hand, I pick up offspec gear very fast as druids are one of the least played classes (my guild for instance only has 2) and itā€™s a blast to go feral between raids or just tag a load of mobs with moonfire, go into bear and let thorns kill everything for farmingā€¦

Also with druid you know you are prepping yourself a powerhouse for TBC, where pretty much every flavour of druid is worthy of a raid spot.

1 Like

As someone who played hunter and druid back in actual vanillaā€¦ Iā€™d never roll a hunter again :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hunter! You have your own personal tank that you can heal, while DPSā€™ing.

Iā€™m levelling a hunter at the moment, itā€™s EZ mode. I canā€™t seem to get a druid to the magical level 20.

For hunter get a fast pet, The Rake at 10 or Humar at 23 are among the fastest.

Why bother with that when moonstalkers in darkshore and mountain lions in hillsbrad have a fast attack speed as well? In the end you still only want broken tooth.

1 Like

They are easy to get and yes a moonstalker or hillsbrad lion will do but is slower than the rake, also some people want a pet that is different. The rake is level 10 and the fastest pet until the mid 20s in the open world. Since you can only have 3 pets itā€™s a good one to have.

And broken tooth is camped by so many hunters it can be near to impossible to get as itā€™s a rare.

So itā€™s more of a cosmetic advice than a practical advice. In that case I think the songbird blouse is very pretty. Both moonstalkers and mountain lions have very fast attack speeds and will suffice in all areas of the game where broken tooth is just very marginally better.

but not as fast as the rake and the same as humar.

Starving mountain lions are as fast as the rake. Can you stop being wrong please.

1 Like

There is the level difference to consider too. Wait until 23 or get the same cat at 10.

Canā€™t you stop saying stupid stuff? You recommend all hunters to go to mulgore to camp a level10 rare that has 0.1 faster attack speed than ordinary cats in darkshore and the same attack speed as ordinary cats in hillsbrad at 24. Canā€™t you just admit it was stupid advice and move on.

So levelling faster is stupid advice? Did I say all hunters? No. There is a quest for horde that sends you to thunder bluff at about 11-12 in the barrens and getting there is easy if you are in a guild. Itā€™s a trek for alliance but if they want the best pet they can get for the low levels then itā€™s worth it.

Every time I have gone looking for the rake it has been there, on every realm.

You are after all recommending a pet (Broken tooth) that is only 0.2 faster than the rake, using your theory, why bother getting a lower level one when a 0.1 slower cat will do?

Because Broken Tooth is the best and fastest damage dealer until TBC. The rake is marginally better in pvp 10-19 against casters and thatā€™s that.

You wrote the rake s faster than mountain lions. You were wrong and you keep claiming you had some good advice.

Imagine talking politics or any other abstract issue with you. What a nightmare.

I know one thing at that is that hunters and druid need a special kind of mentality to enjoy their class and itā€™s not the same at all. So choose wisely.

So I was wrong about that, itā€™s the same speed, so what? Itā€™s the fastest until the mid 20s. That doesnā€™t mean my advice was bad, why would someone change to a pet thatā€™s exactly the same but with no training points? the OP was talking about starting a new hunter and I gave advice for a new hunter, now let it go.

Hunter if you wanna be the big funny dps, dudu if you want to be the big healz, or just have an easy time leveling

I havenā€™t got cat form on any druid yet, I assume thatā€™s when it starts to get easy.