Dungeons and elite quests, wow classic is for new players dead

Holy crap, I was so happy about wow classic I cant describe my happines and people will again help each other, classic is about groups and playing together, or not???.. But!!!

I see spammed worlds chats by desperately people, no one answering for dungeons, no one answering for elites and hard group quests, players just afking in main cities and jerking off here… What the hell is with that?? Blizzard again will not listen me and let game as it is… 90% players just reach “end” and wait for TBC…

You disable dungeon finder due to no game changes, okay that is cool, but game is dead like every free wow vanilla server, nothing happening, people are just helping yourself with alts, you gently ask for help, people are rude, ignorating, guilds will not help you, but they want to have good geared players, how I can get BiS gear, when I am not able to do on my own BRD or BRS for prequests etc., but everyone have strong words how good it is…

Its getting more sty game, and I am sad that comunity just fued game for normal and new people who dont have experience with WoW or dont have 60 lvls friends who boost them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

More than a year since launch, 99% is already 60 and raid logging or alike. Plus alts and people that are still leveling either get boosted or level up on a quicker path skipping most dungeons and elites, then going to ZG/AQ20 for catchup gear and having much less incentives to do late game dungeons.

Right now your BiS gear is not in dungeons. ZG, AQ20 and lots of MC/Ony runs are already undermanned because people don’t need them for the most part.

If you have fun while leveling, actual dungeon and early progression fun then you either have to wait for FRESH classic realm or for TBC launch if you want to go to TBC.

2 Likes

+1 for a fresh realm.

2 Likes

If blizzard is goin to change the Classic and its servers and their basic structure Blizzard just should go for total support and max changes not just little adjustments for pleasing a little group of criers in forum, Blizzard should host some server space for people to legally mix and modify their servers inside the Orginal WoW and its clients, not just this FRESH crap atleast it would be something blizzard actually itself supports than just forum criers as there was that kind of system in WC2 and thats where DoTA and MOBA Games was born.

Yeah, it’s the only issue with running on classic realms this late…

Dungeons are more or less dead.
Elite quests are non existent unless you’re on a “non PvP realm”
Like for instance, there’s literally zero point in myself going into any dungeons unless it’s dire maul tribute for the drinks.

You have to pretty much ignore dungeons now and go straight to raids…
It’s why I’m more or less just leveling characters on retail atm in prep for shadowlands.

It’s why the first 2-4 months of classic was the best experience over these phases tbh.

I just did Deadmines on Earthshaker ally. Took 2 mins to find a (Normal) group.

Did hogger too earlier.

Did Kurzen at lunchtime.

You’re experience is your own but if I project my experience like you are yours everything is great.

3 Likes

Well is harder to find dungeon groups now compared to 6 months ago, but is far from impossible.

I got 3 chars to 60 and one to 46 on razorgore and the only dungeon i struggled with was gnomeregan, but i asked guild mates for help there. Same for the elites quests I could not find a group for.

Obviously very different from launch but overall it was pretty good.

OP, they all started a year ago so you’re really surprised people aren’t doing that much low level stuff anymore?

It depends entierly on the server.

I got 5 lvl 60’s and 2 40ish. did all conventient dungeons with no issue finding groups.

You are late to the party, thats it, a year ago it was really fun and “new”.

2 Likes

If blizzard is goin to change the Classic and its servers and their basic structure Blizzard just should go for total support and max changes not just little adjustments for pleasing a little group of criers in forum, Blizzard should host some server space for people to legally mix and modify their servers inside the Orginal WoW and its clients, not just this FRESH crap atleast it would be something blizzard actually itself supports than just forum criers as there was that kind of system in WC2 and thats where DoTA and MOBA Games was born.

As well as DOTA2. They won’t allow for it to happen again. Custom WoW servers? Machinima/content creators would like more tools but that’s a luxury feature for the dev team. Until they are behind it’s rather impossible. Same with ability to create content - it’s a legal mess and they weren’t keen on previous attempts. They shut down Bellular some time ago where they extended story / questlines text/context zone by zone trying to showcase them more clearly and with more detail.

And for Classic and Classic expansions I doubt they do any active development above what’s needed to run them + fixes.

Dude if they start to please people they better start to please them all, if they start to modify the servers give us customable servers

Doubt they will do any modifications. It was clearly stated it’s a restoration project. If they launch fresh it will very likely be as is. At max they could create a loop where X months after naxx current fresh is merged to it master and new fresh opens over and over.

And it will end up like this one in a matter of months - even faster than it did the first time around. Then what do you do, just launch again and again? Never going even into phase 2, just keep re-launching phase 1 forever?

Yep, pretty much. That’s how you keep Classic interesting and open for new players. That’s how all those private servers worked. Players abandoned old realms for new ones and started the journey all over again.

How long you think Classic would last if every single player had Naxx geared toons, especially on PvP realms? Content is finite even in this game, it won’t last forever. Blizzard wanted to preserve one part of a gaming history by releasing Classic. With no fresh realms that sounds like a one time offer to me.

Have you tried not playing on a dead realm?

Nah man you are just saying what will be most likely what they are goin to do is what you do prefer. Most likely they will just ignore these 5-10 people crying for fresh realms and will just go for hosting some server space for people to modify and host their own realms

And there’s the issue with classic xD.
Usually only the starting 2-3 phases are the best.

Unless there are fresh realms, classic won’t keep a stable population once naxx hits.
I know that I wouldn’t play classic for long after Naxx is out, unless TBC is announced to be continuing / can transfer your character over.

Once Naxx is done, you’ve pretty much done all the content.

2 Likes

“Once Naxx is done, you’ve pretty much done all the blizzard created content”

Fixed for you, thank later.