Early Access for an AAA game is unacceptable

Let’s just break the whole thing down to cold hard cash, as if they were available on the store, hear me out

What you get in the epic edition

Beta Access to The War Within - free

3 Days Early Access to The War Within -Free

30 Days of Game Time - £9

Squally, the Storm Hatchling pet - £9

Sandbox Storm Gryphon toy - £9

Deepdweller’s Earthen Hearthstone effect - £9

Mount: Algarian Stormrider Mount, a customizable gryphon that can fly through the skies of Khaz Algar - £19

• Transmog set: Stormrider’s Attire Transmog Set -£19

• Character boost: Enhanced Level 70 Character Boost, which includes upgraded gear and reputation progress £30

Someone add this up?

2 Likes

Well, I for one am looking forward to playing in the next few hours for a little bit.

Everyone on here acting like they’re trying to cure cancer. Friendly reminder, it is in-fact a game.

2 Likes

I’m of the same mind.
I did not buy it for the EA. I bought it for the plethora of stuff included with the game.

1000 tender, 4 transmog sets (8 if you count the electricity effect as seperate), a mount, 4 battlepets, 2 toys and 30 days of gametime. Pretty sweet list imo.

2 Likes

if the m+ season wasnt literally 1 month after release i might have bought EA.

1 Like

They also added more color and effects options to the armor set and 2 additional pets. So that added more to the value.

I legit have no idea who you are. I’m sorry. We have a lot of foot traffic on the forums and some people I remember more than others.

But I can’t recall our interactions. I have never held a grudge, I’m not interested in such petty things. I respond to comments. And as such I responded to your comment.

There really is no need to make more of this. There is no conspiracy.

1 Like

I’m also really looking forward to it. I’ve moved my crafting army and my main to Dalaran and I’m ready to roll!

2 Likes

I hold grudges and I have a long memory!

I don’t really flag or ignore people though.

2 Likes

It really doesnt bring much pvp in mind either if rated dont begin but 3 week later

I don’t ignore people but I will stop responding at times as it’s not productive sometimes.

I do flag if someone breaks the rules and my friend Gold over here hasn’t broken any that I can see so far.

2 Likes

Oh he’s your friend now is he?

5 minutes ago you didn’t even know who they were!

(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

3 Likes

He says I know him! Or her.

I’m old and forgetful!!!

3 Likes

1 Like

I wish there would be a more wide recognition that the addition of the early access to the most expensive bundle of the online game that has a subscription, an in-game store and an opportunity to purchase gold for real money is just another instance of exploitation of the consumers. It is a malignant treatment that splits the community based on their income, monetizes and further normalizes monetization of the fomo.

1 Like

It is an incentive to buy the epic edition not more and not less. Why? Easy, because you don’t pay extra for it on top of what you pay for the epic edition anyways.

1 Like

Firstly you got beta access which means more game time and knowledge how to level up faster if you played it plus 30 days of gametime worth about 12 euros a pet a toy and a heartstone animation.
Secondly no one forced you to buy the epic version, you could’ve bought the normal version which is about 40 euros (which is a good price for an AAA game) and get the same thing, and you bought the epic version you knew from the get go what you will receive. So it was your choice. Why buying it and now complaining abut it when the only one at fault is you.

It’s hilarious to me to consumers have convinced themselves that paying to test a product is somehow a value proposition.

Most software companies normally have to pay people to test stuff but gamers are like yeah dood take my money.

4 Likes

This is the first expansion I have not bought the epic version.

They are paying mostly for FOMO. Add in that there is an element of P2W also. I don’t care how people want to defend that. Simply stating that it makes no difference in the long run doesn’t cut it for me.

1 Like

Debatable if all that is worth 40 bucks, even with gametime and 3 days of EA included. But that’s just me.

1 Like

People will also defend/go back to the literal scams they fell for, the rigged gambling they lost money on, and the bad purchases they made. The brain will jump through the craziest hoops to convince you you made the right decision when you really didn’t. You can’t argue with that mentality, it’s subconscious. People will do everything to convince themselves of how much “value” they got out of this while in reality they were charged €40 for literally nothing else than mitigating FOMO. And I get it, trust me, it’s REALLY depressing to not be playing right now. I know for a fact that most people could never handle feeling the way I do right now. And I absolutely hate Blizz for exploiting that in people, that is the scummiest of scummy marketing tactics. 0 respect for whatever millionaire exec came up with this, it literally monetarily exploits the fear of potential pain.

9 Likes