Early Access for an AAA game is unacceptable

^^ This

I’m surprised it took them so long especially considering it spreads the load of players for launch over two starting dates. Something Blizzard could definitely have done with back in the day.

I understand totally that some feel this is a money grabbing exercise. Others have always bought the epic and this is an extra but there is no doubt some will have bought the epic edition purely for the early access.

I think they’ve done a good job at limiting any power gain in EA and it’s only a few days. Some other games I’ve had a week’s EA.

1 Like

FFXIV has been doing it for a while now. Almost 10 years. But they aren’t gating it behind the most expensive version though, which is a huge deal.

I don’t mind if people pay for early access. What I do mind is people being arrogant about it. You can buy it if you want, but don’t flaunt it. You’re hurting the rest of us and the gaming industry as a whole by doing so.

Just for clarity, EA is 4 days, not three.

1 Like

Am I being arrogant about it? I don’t think I was.

1 Like

Sorry, should’ve clarified the 2nd paragraph wasn’t directed towards you. Just in general, I saw some posts in this very thread that sound more passive aggressive than anything.

1 Like

Topic ~ we have 40 Euro for 3 days ~ Outrageous~

What actually 40 Euro gives :point_right:
3 months of Beta Access to The War Within
3 Days Early Access to The War Within
30 Days of Game Time
Squally, the Storm Hatchling pet
box Storm Gryphon toy
Deepdweller’s Earthen Hearthstone effect

I really start believing that the human intelligence after the Covid is in decline …

1 Like

Adding early access to an MMORPG should be a felony. The suits have gotten way too comfy with the monetization tactics they force into games. Professions and currencies be 100% disabled, as should lvl 80 gearing, at least for the duration of EA if not for a day extra so people can catch up. EA should absolutely not be a thing, the only people that should be supporting this are the 10 people sitting in the board room. They’re actually going to boiling frog worse and worse versions of this into the game and people will idly sit by or even defend it.

7 Likes

Its out on Monday if you are in the UK. Otherwise its 0:00 Tuesday.

Start at 12 tomorrow so will be playing briefly tonight :joy:

Corporations will make any trash if there are enough plebeians without self esteem who ready to pay for it.

4 Likes

Is it? Oh diddums.
No I think I’ll self respect myself by doing what I want :slight_smile:

1 Like

I paid for the right to whine about it and only a smooth launch will stop me!!!

The guy posted two walls of text whining about early access in a span of 5 hours. There clearly wasn’t a whole lot of brain power to work with in the first place.

1 Like

I will whine and there’s nothing you could say or do that will prevent me from doing it.

:smiling_imp:

Exactly this.
The expansion is a product that is being sold.
It doesn’t matter who’s selling it, if it doesn’t live up to the standards that are being sold. Then people have every right to be upset.

1 Like

Oh, I don’t expect EA to go smoothly. But I will be glad if it does.

if I want my 3 days of access, I have to pay 40 euros, I have no choice (I don’t care about the mount and mascot)

i want just early acces, and for this, i need pay 40 euro

1 Like

Then pay it.

no too expensive for 3 days, for 40 euros you would need to have at least 14 days

1 Like

How are people not realizing this is a troll…

1 Like