Earn to play without gold

HAHAHAHAHA ok bud :slight_smile:
Money is money.
Rich people can be nice
Poor people can be evil

Microsoft will get the cream when big ideas are met

And giving free gametime is not going to achieve this.

As others have said, we have the token system which has many people playing practically for free.

There is no big ideas Blizzard live from subs and u want to be removed so game could die and depends on Microsoft budget. Is one thing to not have money but another to demand just because u dont have money everything should be free. If u cant afford money on luxury as game then have prio in life but not punish other because it.

Been doing that since WoW tokens got introduced, playing the game essentially for ā€œfreeā€.

Even capped out on Battle.net balance at ā‚¬250 [Token gives ā‚¬13]ā€¦ which Iā€™ve used to purchase cosmetics and other games.

People that say they struggle to make gold are just lazy sods, the game throws a lot of gold at you before you even decide to make gold off the AH.

Devs canā€™t eat with you playing 24/7 for free. So, whatā€¦ you want nonsensical ADs to become the norm like some crappy F2P game?

Get out of here with that ideaā€¦ I avoid F2P games like the plague they are. The moment WoW goes F2P will be the day a LOT of people stop playing, myself included.

1 Like

Buy to play

yes and no, you have to play like a bot or do boosting if u want to grind tokens , thereā€™s no other way (never was in df bc of the bots)

If you want to get Blizzard on board, argue why free game time will make them millions in the long term.

Iā€™ll start:

If there is free game time, players wonā€™t quit as much, there wonā€™t be any dead servers, and the players that do pay wonā€™t stop either, resulting in Blizzard making a lot of money.

We also have free game is Hos and is dead that says a lot about free games.

This is so hyperbolic it would escape the solar system in record time if it was a spacecraft.

In another thread I proved mathematically that on average per month and per character you can get around 200k to 250k by doing absolutely every single DF World Quest that gives gold, every weekly from Valdrakken, Loamm and Emerald Dream and also selling any grey items you encounter. That requires around 15-20 hours of playtime minimum just flying around doing ā€œbraindeadā€ overworld questing.

To gather more than that you have to repeat it on multiple characters, essentially reaching the point where you ā€œworkā€ in-game without advancing any other goal you may have just to get the current equivalent gold of 2 tokens in around 40-50 hours of playtime.

Now if somehow every player managed to find the free time and will to do all that above, what would happen? People wouldnā€™t be buying the token because theyā€™d farm the gold themselves and thereforeā€¦ the tokenā€™s price would skyrocket to 500k, 600k, maybe even 1 million, essentially tipping the scale in favour of just spending money instead of working in-game for it.

And if someone is a collector/completionist and wanted to buy those items from Madam Tussaud whats-her-name near the BMAH or, god forbid, upgrade every single existing heirloom item to the max, yeah, you need millions of gold. Not to mention that youā€™d also have to keep some 9.999.999 gold in your purse for when the Brutosaur returns to the BMAH.

Iā€™m doing all that just fine, and I ainā€™t even a serious AHā€™er only doing it once every two weeksā€¦ and I donā€™t bother keeping tabs of undercuts. As a collector Iā€™m frequently buying stuff Iā€™m missing off the AH for thousands of gold never running into gold issues. :dracthyr_shrug:

HotS didnā€™t die because it was free to play, it died because it was way too late to the MOBA party. If you want an example of a free Blizzard game thatā€™s doing fine, look at Overwatch.

Then you have Riot Games who rely almost entirely on F2P models and make their money through cosmetics. LoL and Valorant are both massively successful games.

Iā€™m not saying WoW should go free to play, but dismissing games just because theyā€™re free is just wrong on so many levels.

Letā€™s not forget that Dota 2 is free as well.

i dont think microsoft will allow this pay to play system for a long time but thatā€™s just my guess, other mmos that doesnā€™t have a mandatory sub usually puts best cosmetics to their shops, itā€™s a personal preference ofc. but i love being able to farm them in-game. thatā€™s why gw2 probably has the best monetization which gives you a chance to farm good looking stuff in-game with currency exchange and doesnā€™t have a sub.

Blizzard needs to bring new tech to the game AI behavior should be a thing so a raid boss or a dungeon boss has 200 behaviors and random every fight

AI is good were humans cant do that set task AI in games should be a back up for humans when tasks cant be met it can also help with realm merging or realm meshing wow is a theme park online game like blizzard could copy other features from other mmorpgs and make them better every other mmo is doing it why cant blizzard the whole earn to play system was idea but i have seen how it has been trialed and it look like big gaming corps ditched it

You need to stop sipping on the tech bro juiceā€¦

1 Like

And I thought your initial idea was bad.

No, Blizzard REALLY does not ā€˜need toā€™ do that. At all.

1 Like

Thats asking to blizzard: hello, u wanna shoot yourself in the foot?, its from a business PoV the worsed idea ever as a company.

All that games that u mention above r so different than wow just mindless run and shoot and it can pass as free but wow would got less content and die at some point. Puting wow on free to play would increase shops with all kind stuff to get that money from lost subs that would lead to real p2w and by doing that would loose a lot player base.

Blizzard now what they doing with classic content and retail is no other gaming company cant do that and they have pure win over it with subs.
Starting from Classic, classic sod, cata and retail and u want they dich all that to get less earnings lol

Forgot to mention there was Plunderstorm and now Panda Remix.