Earn to play without gold

No.

What we like from PvE, and what it should always be, is that fights are semi-predetermined. For chaotic and unpredictable situations we have PvP.

1 Like

All I get from this, is that you can’t farm enough gold in a month to buy a WoW Token. So you want them to drop making it easier for you to play WoW.

Well, I did mention that I’m not saying WoW should go free to play.

As for what you’re saying about the other games, they are anything but “mindless run and shoot”. You seem to be painfully lacking in experience with these games to be saying these things, not to mention what you said about HotS.

Stop replying “gold is outdated” every time. You say wow will be bot-free yet act mor botlike than most bots…

You want a new currency. A currency purely for gametime tokens.

Why?

As others already said in many ways, gold can already buy you gametime.

And you get gold from most activities in wow.

So why do you want a new currency? And don’t say “gold is outdated”. Do you want to remove token availability from crafters? Why? They help others, why should they not be able to use that gold to get gametime?

And if you don’t want to remove it, then again, why change from gold?

If it works, don’t break it.

1 Like

i stopped replying to him in the beginning, there no getting through to him

They didn’t buy Blizzard to lose money though.

If you want to play for free you earn gold, you then use it to buy a token, that token is paid for by someone else at a premium. Essentially the sub cost is passed on to someone else who is buying gold.

That isn’t likely to change. That is not how business works.

Eh. It’s becoming very normal. Extremely so.

You can earn Microsoft Reward Points by searching with Bing.

Why would Microsoft give people points they can use for free stuff just for using their search engine?!

Because if you’re using Bing, then you’re not using Google.

So it’s a way to deny your competitors.

It’s the same with Blizzard.
You can buy game time with gold through the WoW Token. What’s Blizzard’s angle in that? Well you’re spending your time playing WoW then, and not Elder Scrolls Online or Final Fantasy XIV.
Players are valuable as customers, even if they’re not paying a dime, simply by virtue of not going over to the competition. So players are selling their time in return for game time. And players’ time is valuable to Blizzard.

Because with every search they keep on building your profile.

The intent is not so much to not use a competitor, but to use one’s product more. If 2 coffee shops are opposite each other, they will try to attract customers by offering things the competitor doesn’t. That’s not because they want to deny customers from the competitor, it’s because they want to attract customers to themselves. If there are 1000 potential customers, they will want as close to 1000 customers as possible, and they don’t care if all 1000 also go to the competitor.

Microsoft doesn’t care if you also use Google. It cares that you use their products first and foremost. Otherwise they’d go full ham with preventing anything non-Microsoft from running on Windows.

Of course, using one’s company service pretty much entails that you don’t use another’s. In which case the latter will come up with some other bonus or campaign. And it will go back and forth.

Sure. That’s another side of the same coin, the point being that there’s definitely a business side to it. As is there to Blizzard allowing players to earn subscription time with gold.

I also want to add that I had read somewhere that the absolute best “customer” for any company is the one who pays the most and uses the least of their services. This the reason why, for example, cell companies always want you to upgrade to a program with more data and hours per month than what you need.

The equivalent for Blizzard would be players who pay the subscription and buy tokens, but log in as little as possible. So those of us who pay the normal subscription and play 50+ hour per month are not their most valuable customers. Similarly those who don’t pay for their sub but refresh it through tokens and play 100+ hours per month are even “worse” in their data. But the casual player who pays for sub, buys 1-2 tokens per month to get fat gold, logs in 10-20 hours per month and buys boosts is their dream customer, surpassed only by those who have forgotten to cancel their subscription but have uninstalled the game.

1 Like

If you want to compare things that aren’t remotely the same thing be my guest.

They didn’t buy the company out of the goodness of their hearts to give it away for free or to make a loss on the investment.

No business does that, well not if they want to carry on running.

When/if WoW goes into the free to play market, it would require a huge shop to compensate for the loss. Or it just goes into maintenance mode until they shut it down.

Exactly this, Microsoft isn’t a charity by any means.
That doesn’t mean i agree with all their business practises but i do understand why some things are the way they are.

1 Like

Reminds me of when gym’s love when people sign up for year long memberships or recurring memberships then barely end up going.

1 Like

Eh? I was just making the remark that allowing people to get subscription time for gold is not bad business for Blizzard. There’s a very sound business angle to that. Otherwise it wouldn’t be possible.

Okay I’m confused by why you quoted me then. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Because my entire point is that the system works when it’s for gold because someone else pays the sub, the OP wants to remove that part and just get the game time for free.

Carry on carry on.

We will see I know blizzard has something huge for 2025

An insider tip! What a scoop! you should work for wowhead…

2 Likes

2025 tune In

Will do! Thanks Lennie, it seems like 2025 is going to be a year.

Who let the cryptobro out of 2022?

1 Like