Enable PvE -> PvP transfers?

How do you feel about enabling the PvE to PvP realms transfers for the TBC prepatch?

A lot will change, the gear / herbs / whatever that one (allegedly) had it easier on farm on PvE realm will lose on value. The 1-60 leveling process does not matter at this point anymore.
What is more, the difference between PvP and PvE realms will change a lot with introduction of no-world-buffs and flying mounts (starting from the more important one).

I think it would be a good idea to let people transfer their characters without PvE -> PvP limitation. What do you think?

2 Likes

Just re-roll if you want to play on pvp lol it doesn’t take that long to level, soon you can also buy a boost (Pog)

1 Like

No thanks.

1 Like

Yeah but it sux if you have rare items and/or recipes. Or if you are just emotionally attached to your char.

1 Like

I mean if people get emotionally attached to pixels they should really reevaluate things and see a professional.

4 Likes

I just wanted to point out, that as a general rule we let ppl transfer their characters. The PvE to PvP limitation is an exception for a few reasons. These reasons were already deemed insufficient to impose this limitation over 10 years ago, because this limitation was removed in WotLK. What is more, we are arriving at a point in game where those (already deemed insufficient) reasons are much less important than ever. Think this is a good starting point to start a conversation.

If there is anyone who comes here for reasons other than doing mockery, I would love to hear his/her opinion and maybe bring this post to blues attention.

Best regards

2 Likes

Firstly the Blues who count never come here. You can only make the suggestion ingame.

Secondly, after thinking about this for some time I think the reasons people give, including myself in the past are trivial. It doesn’t really matter too much about the peril or the gear during levelling. I’ve been playing in a PvP realm in a newish guild and I’ve been ganked once.

But I do think it should only be in the latter stages of the game before the next expansion happens that it should be allowed.

2 Likes

Hell No.

You chose for the easy/weakling/sissy way.

Now reroll to PvP and play on the men’s type of server. You will learn to feel what it is to be ganked, and then when you are 60. You can be a proud player of a PvP server.

1 Like

They could allow one character transfer and that uses your “one boost per account” allowance cause effectively it’s the same thing.

Or even better, no PVE to PVP transfers and no boosts.

If someone can use one boost on PVP server without having to level there, then someone else might as well be allowed to use one transfer from PVE to PVP server without having to level there.

1 Like

I think anybody who wants to switch from pve to pvp should have their head examined.

World pvp is even worse in tbc than classic, ganker flys down kills you, waits for you to respawn and repeat.

seems like reaaaaall fun

1 Like

That’s a valid point with the boosts. That being said I generally think people (like person who posted before you) exaggerate with how hard it is to level up on pvp realm. It would much sooner be the case for avoiding wbuffs griefing.

Yeah but if you hide behind an object for 3 sec you get to fly also and then you got away :stuck_out_tongue: and most importantly you will not suffer raid performance because there is gonna be nothing to dispell + even if you get ganked you dont lose any buffs.

I’ll probably have more fun in WPvP in TBC than classic(Worrying about losing wbuffs) lol.
Though, this’ll come down to how many people swoop down at once at you.

Please blizz give us PVE TO PVP transfer in TBC!

3 Likes

I think it’s a bit odd that Blizzard haven’t announced they’ll enable it, for two reasons.

PvE to PvP servers were opened up in mid/late TBC. Originally Blizzard claimed it couldn’t be done for technical reasons, but that was proven to be wrong.

Also, the boost itself goes against the basic premise of the “no transfers from pve to pvp as it’s harder to level on a pvp server.” You’ll literally skip all of the leveling process, and to date nobody has said you have to use the boost on your realm, simply that it’s once per account.

2 Likes

I think people should get checked if they do not attach to their characters in some manner, if they have sunk thousands of hours into them. (rofl@58 boosters)

But yeah I do agree on the system staying as it is.

For what reasons?

Why did you choose PvE?
For what reasons?

To avoid worldbuffs griefing, to enjoy the game more.

Here - I found an article which talks about Blizzard removing this restriction back in 2008:
https://www.wired.com/2008/09/blizzard-to-all/

I don’t know if you were around in Pre Launch the again in Phase 2. In Pre Launch there were dozens and dozens of players exclaiming “PvP is the game as intended”. Then Phase 2 there was nothing but. I can’t play the game because PvP

And here we are again and someone is asking why anyone would role PvE.

Foreshadowing much.

If it happens again. I just wana say “called it”

Just like this guy called it here