World PvP Killing Classic?

Hi there,

So as lvl 50 with no where to quest without being ganked I’m forced to go to dungeons to be able to level. The problem is that getting to the dungeon is as bad as questing, you will get ganked over and over again on the way to dungeon. It takes roughly 25-40 min to travel from Thorium point to BRD entrance as an example. Recently the randoms I’ve found has been terrible so after a short while in the dungeon we disband and that makes it even harder. It takes roughly 1H to assemble party of 5 people on my server, 40 min to travel, 5 min to disband.

It is very easy to write “Why did you choose pvp server then”… I came to classic wow late. Does that mean I am not welcome? Or do I have to level from 50-60 for 6 months just because I joined late? I am pretty sure this pvp madness will end up in people leaving classic. When someone needs help it is terrible to reply with stuff like:

Why did you choose pvp server
Go play retail
No one forces you to play wow
Stop crying kid
bla bla
bla bla
bla bla bla

Try and understand how it feels when you are getting destroyed 24/7 (literally 24/7) no matter if you are questing or doing dungeons, or what ever you do. Hell, I’m get ganked at the flymaster in Thorium point, cant hardly land until im 1 shotted by 15 H waiting for me. Same with boats…

You guys who are saying we are not welcome to play calssic wow on your pvp server (in my case cause I started late) will end up in dead servers. I can allready see the answer written here, “Stop crying kid, clasic will never die… yada yada!”…

To be hoenst I dotn expect people to understand, but at least Blizzard must recognize this will hurt them in the long run?

Anyways, let the “Why did you choose pvp server” start… Go ahead.

66 Likes

For real though why did you choose a PvP server?

63 Likes

Wpvp killing classic?
Wpvp IS classic.

41 Likes

As I said, people will write most insae things without even reading what the post is about. So next person wil write, “It’s you who are writing insane things, wow is about world pvp”… and then I will know that person didnt even read what the issues is about.

7 Likes

The real issue is the complainments about getting ganked or world pvp. Besides the lag, it’s working as intended…

Also what do u want from forums, OP?

6 Likes

What does you being late have to do with you choosing a PvP server instead of a PvE one?

7 Likes

No one is complaining about world pvp, I and many with me are complaining about the fact lower levels cant quest, cant do dungeons, cant do anything. You people need to use yor eyes and read what this is about.

22 Likes

When i chose to play classic on pvp server i knew what was going to happen and i accepted it, because i wanted to play on pvp server.

I signed up for it and i dont cry about it

9 Likes

If i love pvp, specially world pvp should I choose pve server? Or what do you mean? O.o

1 Like

Did you not read the forums prior to this phase? EVERYONE knew what will happen. You should have rushed 60.

2 Likes

Some of us cant rush, we dont have that choice. Does that mean we are not welcome? Or we have to level 50-60 for 6 months? Or should I choose pve server although I love pvp, specially world pvp? Not sure how to answer your “question”…

9 Likes

What do you want Blizzard to do then? Remove PvP from PvP servers?
You joined a PvP server because it gave you the ability to kill other players out in the world and now you’re complaining because other players are killing you out in the world.

21 Likes

You just answered it yourself. Suck it up and keep moving forward.

1 Like

I was right about the tye of answers Iwould get. Not suprised at all. Like people read title and they dont even read what its about… and then most irrelevant answer are flooding this thread. Amazing, but as I said, this is what i expected from people, specially those from a guild with the name “hate”…

12 Likes

Literally everyone said phase 2 gonna be hell for lvlers because of world pvp and here we have you complaining about world pvp during phase 2. This is what happens when people dont do research.

Why should they change pvp servers for people feeling entitled ?

5 Likes

I have read your post, actually. I just don’t think you got a good point.
I have levelled on a gankfest server without layering, where the honor system was in place since the beginning. It was difficult, it was fun, it was annnoying - all of these things, and that’s ok.
I simply don’t buy this narrative about low level players not being able to do anything. Yes, its difficult. Yes, you have to adapt. Or complain on forums instead, its up to you.

4 Likes

it’s just the PvP hype, it’ll tune down to normal levels in time. Everyone is experiencing it, including the ppl that are ganking you.

You’re not a special victim here, it’s just natural progression of the game and the player’s behavioral response to it.

oh and titeling your post with ‘worldpvp is killing classic’ is just incredibly unconstructed and attention whoring
The honor system is not even here 24hours and you’re already complaining. Come on man, have some patience. Log an alt or something, like I said, everyone is set back a few days in their progression because of this.

2 Likes

I don’t know what other answer there could be to soemone saying “Help, I joined a PvP server and people are killing me, WoW is doomed”.

Answer this question: what do you want Blizzard to do about this? How can they solve this “problem”?
Do you want them to remove the ability to PvP until you and and only you hit level 60?

9 Likes

Well, it’s a choice you have to weigh up. Ganking always existed on PVP realms, it always will be. If you genuinely did not know about ganking and have never experienced it, then you have my sympathy.
But, most people will know that when choosing PVP or PVE, you weigh up - how much do you enjoy certain elements of WPVP, and how much you don’t enjoy other elements. And then decide if its worth it.

Ganking is world PvP, get over it.

You are 100% complaining about it.

Wrong, you love fair PvP, which has nothing to do with World PvP.

Again, why are you complaining about World PvP if you love it?

It’s about you complaining about being ganked.

Oh and “move to a PvE realm” is a valid statement.

14 Likes