Enhancement Shamans

I’ve given up, enhancement had a nice makeover this expansion for PVE. But I’ve been trying since BFA to make Enhancement good again in PVP, we’ve had the same issues for half a decade.

It’s not going to change. We’re a meme.

Hello fellow kids.

I generally find the damage to be al’right when hitting a non-moving target. I would like to see the elemental wolves reworked as a talent, so that elemental blast could be made stronger as a base though, as it seems enhancement is struggling with either having too much or no burst. I feel we’re caught in a battle between pvp and pve design philosophy regarding this ability.

Then like so many others said, it would be great to have more abilities off GCD. I do indeed finding myself having to go through a many seconds long ritual setup before I can start doing my thing, and it is honestly bothering me. Especially because the windows in which we can connect can sometimes be quite rare - or we’re simply interrubted with incaps or stuns.

I am also an old WotLK player returning and find the utility severely lacking.
Spammable tremor, double purge, 15s grouding, 6s wind shear, poison/disease cleansing as stable abilities missing, shamanistic to remove magical effects (roots, stuns in some cases), instant hex.
Of course I do miss every single one of these things and it’s too much to ask, but if I could pick one to get back, it would have to be HEX. Having 1 decent cd every 30s would make it feel like I had plays to make.

Another problem is frankly mana. 4 Heals in succession and one will struggle to use maelstrom stacks for anything. Shamanism is 10750mana? Why? That’s over a 1/5th of the total mana pool.

I also need to return to the talent tree. There is a good amount of utility, but I feel like I need so much and so many globals to achieve the same thing a DK can achieve with a grip, or a demon hunter can casually fly over and deal with.
Frostshocking a target, then using feral walk, getting slowed again, and then having to sit ghostwolf and slowly trying to inch forward on a target is SO painful. Or one could static field totem, and then perhaps use totemic projection to get them closer, but it’s CLUNKY.
A warrior just leaps or charges, a monk just rolls, a rogue just ‘teleport no jitsu’ a DH just is a DH, a mage just shimmers to get in range.
Retris suffers in similar ways, but at least they do have freedom and a massive movespeed ability for when they really require to go.

In short:

• less GCD, we have a lot of bloat
• normalize elemental blast and drop the high end for pvp
• faster more responsive movement
• remove talents for totems that should generally just be native to the class. (tremor & grounding in particular)

1 Like

yeah everyone talking about the glory days but lets be real enh has always and will always only suit a certain comp which lets be real doesnt work in solo shuffle when its random players so even if enh is strong it wouldnt do well in ss as its comp dependant unlike say war or rogue

1 Like

After watching my online girlfriend Avines trying to finish his glad wins 2 nights ago, I quickly realized the state Enh is in currently, so I salute you and support you dear OP

#MakeEnhanceGreatAgain

1 Like

turbo dream vs rmd 2 : 3
1 loss because prevoker was greedy and trinket blind too late
2 losses because prevoker went oom
this rmd was experienced af but it must be just a luck

https:// www.twitch .tv/videos/1734106962?t=3h20m53s

Enhancement shaman won two rounds in AWC.

Expect nerfs on wednesday.

1 Like

This is way too strong in a fast meta like this. If an instant hex is to be given then it shouldn’t be longer than 3 seconds, imo.

You are right on the GCD stuff but then again alot of other specs have weird spells on GCD too. Then these should be fixed too to not give Ench a weird edge over others.

Overall I think you guys should get the lightning shield 10% dmg reduction back; against phy damage only though. IMO Ench is already strong into wizard cleave due to grounding, tremor and ranged kick.

Lol what? :smiley: enhance is pissed on by like every ranged dps.

1 Like

Lets Count Insta CC on every melee.

Ret Pala - Hoj, Blind.
DH - Fel, chaos, cage, fear
Warrior - Fear, bolt.
Surv Hunter - Petstun, trap
Rogue - Cba Counting
DK - Asphyxiate, Blind, PetStun
WW - Incap. legsweep.
Feral Druid - Cba Counting.

Enha Shaman - Cap totem (Always getting killed, can be dispelled).
How 5 SEC HEX GONA BE OP Can be Decursed by every team right now. There Always a Dracthyr or Druid or Ele Shaman Or Mage in current meta.

But but enhance has sundering and lightning lasso

Hex really isn’t that good anyways. Target can still move around while hex’d (why thats the case is a thing only blizzard knows) it gets decursed by 3 classes which are seen very often in arenas, it’s risky to use it because getting locked on nature school is extremely dangerous for shamans and it has a cd while its better version polymorph hasn’t. But besides all that even insta hex wouldn’t solve enh problems which are mostly survivability against other melee dd’s.

1 Like

Eh, i disagree, it can range kick glacial / cb / UA, it can tremor fear peels, it can ground aforementioned spells too. Its good into wizard cleave but if you are playing melee - ranged - healer vs melee - ranged - healer and/or melee cleave vs melee cleave, then you are simply not doing much.

So, Ench has; Root into cap or grounding into hex as options. If you are playing with the incap talent your opponent needs to spend 2-3 GCDs to prevent that cc, which is ranged. Your examples;

Ret Pala: Its not really as ranged as Hex, especially blind. Its not better than Ench.
DH: DH will use Fel + Chaos on kill target, not really a cc for healer. So you have cage + fear and this is why DH is very strong. IMO a melee should not be able to cc healer for this long from ranged.
Warrior: Fear is again used from melee range. Bolt is comparable but its not 5 seconds.
Not better than Ench.
Surv Hunter: Better than DH, yes. But not certain if Surv. can be given as an example 'cuz its not properly melee.
Rogue: Okay, but everybody agrees their kit is broken.
DK: Just Asphyxiate. Blind / Pet stun are not used on healer for cc. Not better than Ench.
WW: Only Incap would be used on healer, not legsweep. It makes no sense to run to incap, 2 gcd on kill target, run to healer for legsweep, run back to kill target. Not better than Ench.
Feral: Wdym. cba counting? AFAIK Cyclone is not really a thing anymore for ferals so all they yeah for healer is either maim or bash. Again, not that better than Ench.

All in all, in terms of ranged cc, Ench is not disgustingly behind others.

Ench’s issue is not going to be solved by instant hex. You need some sort of cleave potential and damage mitigation. Hence I believe the lightning shield suggestion was really good. Maybe up its damage a little bit too. I insinst that its good into wizard cleave like Frost / Dest. Not counting Ele 'cuz only Assa is good into Ele, well, its good into everything tbh and Ele doesn’t have something specific you can counter with grounding.

guys I think those wall of text won’t help your case
you need to have a little chat with your AWC representative, he makes a bad impression with that 2:3 against experienced af rmd who only survived by oom
people prefer fotm elem or play other melee, enhancement is under radar strong enough, there is no reason for that toxic unavoidable instant 30sec curse hex or your burst w/o gcd, nobody wanna play against it, healers will rather quit that face constant purge/obnoxious animation tunneling or instant hex every 30sec

No enhancement is not “under radar strong enough” just because a team pulled it out under some games and lost with it. Sorry.

2 Likes

Enhancement Shaman should have been given some love from the devs

Not Retribution

1 Like

I don’t think i need to Chat with Axiom. Ask him why if u want to.

I don’t wana discus what’s things is op what’s are not, this topic not about this.
I give some opinions how to improve enhance in general and there 5 ways how, one of that will be enough, for me.

But its for me, many of other enhancement mains wont agree with me.

Specs, that need to be pulled finally out of the garbage
-Affl warlock
-Enhance shaman
-Fire Mage
-holy priest
I think personally enhance shaman might already be scheduled to be fixed, since its talent tree gets a mini rework in 10.0.7

its fun, when u as 2000 exp 3s player tryin to explain ur personal thoughts about spec u do not main to 3k SL exp multriglad player and argue with him, lol

Why every single lunatic out there goes for ad hominem instead of trying to properly argue?

Don’t bother replying. I’ll be putting you on the ignore list.

Enhance isn’t strong into Range, We have good utlity to deal with some stuff true, but our mobility is very weak compared to Warriors, DHs, Feral, Rogues. 1 gap closer on a long CD, 1 root break, no root immunity. 1 root, long CD and Static Field long CD, insta killable.

In a sense you’re correct though, in that instant Hex doesn’t really solve our biggest issue which is survivability. But I also don’t think insta 5 second hex would be anymore obnoxious than most, also this idea that alot of the melee instant CC isn’t used on healers is Fugazi. a DK will absolutely asphyxiate a healer if it means you can land kill, Same with Stormbolt, Fear (leap out double fear, charge back is totally a thing). Also any AoE CC is massive, if you can land double or triple CC using blinding sleet, blinding light, AoE Fears, it gives you a 3 on 1 for 5+ seconds in most cases thats more powerful than a single target ranged 5 second CC. Mortal coil is stronger than that also

1 Like