Era, SoD or Hardcore?

What Classic server do you recommend for a fresh character? Era, SoD or Hardcore? Why do you prefer one over the others?

Hardcore, because many still there, many still start over … and is fun!

1 Like

SoD unless you’re a vanilla purist. Play Hardcore only if you know vanilla well and have absolute faith in your internet connection and power grid not to crap out on you over god knows how many hours of combat.

2 Likes

I would say Era or SoD, Hardcore may disconnect you for no reason and you will lose your character unless you are lucky.

Probably SoD as it’s still near to the start, Era is just full of raid loggers.

1 Like

None of em. If this is a fresh account your account is restricted and cannot use mailbox/ah/trade for an entire month. Better off playing wrath and then coming back, or not play at until you can use those features

No, it’s not a fresh account, only the character is fresh.

Afaik that only applies to SOD.

Yes, the restrictions are only on SoD and only for new WoW accounts (or inactive since 2017). But it’s like playing self found challenge but in SoD.

Hardcore

1 Like

Applies to SoD and Era

What is your source for that?
All I could find was a mention it was for SOD only:

2 Likes

Actually no it doesn’t, there are many posts complaining about it around the forums. Also it can be an old account and still be restricted, if no money payment has been made since 2017, that includes tokens.

Source? Myself.

If you like to experiment and can cope with the fact that there is no final decision about what happens to the characters in the end, go for SoD.

Otherwise it’s Hardcore all the way unless you don’t have a stable internet connection. If anything bad happens, just transfer the character to Era.

1 Like

SoD isnt classic

era has been really destroyed by bots, ruined economy etc. 99% of players buy gold, mostly just about buying gear for real money from gdkp etc. 20 mans even been ruined by gbid scams becoming the normal.

Depends do u want players to play with SOD. Do u wanna spend real life money classic era and hardcore if u have no life

That only applies if you roll on the Firemaw cluster; we don’t have the insane prices or GDKP insanity on the PvE cluster.

2 Likes

i call cap on that era is filled with buyers on every server

Isn’t this a good thing when you are selling? Inflation does not affect mounts.