ERP should never be opt-out

Served in the army, trained to patch up dudes with a tourniquet in the event their limb got torn off and how to shoot a man or what to do if your friend gets shot in the neck

Still gag really easily at violence and bodily fluids in media, especially if it’s a throat or a wrist injury. Those make me really uncomfortable.

5 Likes

I agree to what you’re saying. I’m for being involved, not controlling, it seems today many parents are either controlling or letting them do as they please, it’s also a fad now, you’re not supposed to tell your kid “no”, it’s “free upbringing”, it makes me puke. Neither should you be so controlling you are limiting the kid’s life, but there should be rules and consequences.
This:

I hate that. What does that teach? That the mother can’t handle the situation should it become too bothersome? That the dad is some form of punisher? It only serves to keep the gender roles and does not nurture equality. Is the kid supposed to be scared of the dad?
This sort of statement really hits a nerve with me.

Kids the age 4-6 can be reasoned with, most of the time, sometimes they need to know enough is enough which is also why they need to know to respect and listen to a “no that’s enough” from their parents. It’s a balance, but you are right, if you don’t take the time to communicate and explain to the kid how things work, who will?

That strongly depends on the child’s age and personality, imo. You’ll have quite some trouble reasoning with a three year old compared to, say, a 13 year old.

I do agree that you should at least attempt to explain your decisions and actions, but only if necessary, only once and in a way that is appropriate and understandable for your kid.

But I’m not a parent, and I don’t want to dabble in armchair psychology here. It’s merely my thoughts on the matter.

Bootlicker

6 Likes

Erp is just wrong. WoW isn’t the place for it. And the evidence of the last few years on the forums show it tends to lead to worse things. Theres no shure fire way to tell who is on the other end of the conversation (catfishing proves that).

ok sailor

1 Like

:sailboat:

I don’t think it’s that negative. The child was male. So it has a different relationship with the dad. Usually the male child wants to be “like the dad” and if the dad thinks badly of the child, then it’s much worse than if the mother does. The same happens for female children to their mother.

Though I don’t get that either. What can the father do that the mother can’t explain? I support too that both parents are equally as important and should teach the same.

Yes, of course. I mean as in the child can actually make active decisions and is not 100% dependent on the parents.

The forums wouldn’t be the same without Aerilen’s and Telaryn’s banter.

Aerilen once linked me a video of a man getting decapitated and I was traumatised it might not even have been Aerilen who linked it but it seems like something he’d do so I’m going to blame him regardless

2 Likes

That’s how we do it on AD.

4 Likes

What the FRICK

Edit: i am a rogue with a heart of gold :yellow_heart:

Take ur libel elsewhere bootlicker

1 Like

i look at the lore channel and never have i seen such depravity before

3 Likes

Thicc lore portfolios.

In fairness I do go out and smash the crap out of Kobolds after a few tinnies.

I’m a connoisseur of deep lore and character depth

1 Like

We are truly men of culture.

1 Like

but which blood elf is the best one

how can i decide :thinking:

A dead one

1 Like

Ach, the cruelty of the grave…