Essence account wide please

So what’s the point of the necklace if we can’t use it in the next expansion content?

Retail has less player currently because of changes like what we are talking about, you only have to grind your gear on classic, on live you have to get your gear, and don’t use the argument “it throws gear at you” because not all the gear is useful to you, you have to grind out the gear you WANT with the right stats & traits, not as quick as a lot make out, then you have to grind AP to level up your neck, THEN you have to grind out the essence for that neck, JUST to be able to play, this isn’t to bad on your main when you do it once, but just to play an alt, its rather excessive. keep the gear and AP grind but let us use the essence on alts since you have to grind each of the ones out want individually… as said before, just so you are able to play the alt properly, you think you can get by at 2k+ with 2 green or blue essence? these essence actually dictate weather you win or lose at the moment due to their impact on survivability and dmg out put, please take your head out of the sand and look into how much these things effect the gameplay currently in both PvE and PvP.

I love how people playing Classic actually believe this.

2 Likes

There is no gear or ap grind in this game, gear drops are overabundant and ap borderline worthless, it adds only ilvl on single item and allow 5 to add 5 ilvl on 3 azerite items. Essences is only semi grind left.

You seem failed to catch concept of rpg. You start low and work your way to the top from free honor points fro anyone passing by to fearsome gladiator, from slave to empress, from peasant to godlike mage etc. There is no rpg, nor rpg engagement without long path to glory and big value of character that made all the way up. That is why you see people playing 2 weeks after content patch and then unsub untill next one and ingame population shrinking. Because there is nothing of value to do, no long term goals, no value in anything you achieved in the past. Theme park session game won’t hold anyone for long.

I log in into retail and nothinh but ghost town. You can bareli find people for world content and thats me playing on one of the most populated realms. Classic? Every zone full of players. Cities are full of players and thats without sharding. While retail cities have like 6-7 players from 5 different realms.

Okay, but you are failing to realise people are quitting because they don’t like these over baring “rpg” systems, and yes gear is thrown at you, but that still doesn’t mean its useful, if I need Haste & Vers and I get 3 items with Crit & Mast or Haste & Crit, if my current item has 420 ilvl and the stats I want, then the other items I get are 435 with those undesirable stats, im not going to equip them because I lose some of the stats I need, so throwing random gear at you doesn’t mean its gear you will use, also re collecting those essence isn’t RPG at all, the essence are actually a back up system rushed into the game by Blizzard for the backlash over Azurite traits… its a bandage fix to keep people happy and make their class feel more interesting.

That says a lot more about sharding than it does about how many players are in the game. I would love for them to improve shards to hold a lot more people at one time. Without lag ofc. The amount of times my friends and I group up to do stuff and realise we are all in different shards and suddenly appear next to each other.

The population of Classic has shrunk enough to remove layering on pretty much all servers now. Does that mean it’s dying. No ofc not. Hopefully it will retain nice healthy server populations so that people can enjoy the old skool game they’ve campaigned so long to get back.

I am not interested in a them vs us scenario.

1 Like

I love to play my alts,even back in legion it wasnt so hard(at least from 7.1) to keep 4-5 alts rdy to raid.Now its just a nightmare,while im fine with dungeon/raid essences those from rep/pvp are damn nightmare,it wouldnt be a problem if essences like lucid dream would be weaker but right now its bis for minor essence on almost every spec…

My point “You seem failed to catch concept of rpg” still stands.
Blizzard tried to catch up all those playing 2 weeks after major patch but havnt managed to hook them up and lost their core audience in the process.

I find all these types of systems boring as hell TBH and pretty much ignore them all!
My main gathers AP incidently and I just ignore the essences.
As for my AV leveled alts? I just buy them a necklace from the AV vendor and ditch my posh bling for an instant 380 item!
No point keep wearing it when I probably wont play enough to do anything with it.

There is no catch up for essence, even with them nerfing the amount of rep needed for the next rank doesn’t do much, Lucid dream and condensed life rank 3 are horrible to get due to activity’s involved with working towards them.

Ehmm playerbase didnt shrunk. Layers had no purpose of increasing realm population cap. It was implemented to avoid having 3k people in same zone. Since people spread out in the world Blizz could start cutting down layers. It has nothig to do with people leaving. Also shards can hold lot of players its just there isnt enough players on retail to fill those shards. World boss in Nazjatar on reset day had 2 raids going with 12 people in them.

No they dont. If somethig they quiting becouse game lacks these rpg systems.

The player base did shrink. Layering was there to protect the drop off. It did it’s job very well.

Make this happen already. It’s not fun regrinding what you already have.

Okay Classic fan boy, you can leave this conversation now since all you are doing is indirectly trying to say Classic is better than live… and no one cares about your opinion on that here, we care about how off putting it is to have to regrind the essences back on an alt back up to rank 3, so please take yourself back to your mob grind, thank you

No it didnt. Layers did not i creased realm caps. Realm are still in high and full statuses just like they were on launch. If realm had 15k high populated realms with layering and is marked as high after layers goy removed its still has same amounth of players.

If you want to rewrite history as to why layering was put into the game, be my guest.

It was used to avoid dead realms. To layer people onto servers so that when the populations shrunk, which they inevitably do, they could remove the layers and maintain healthy realm populations.

It is off putting for players like you. Problem is players like you do not like mmorpg games and pretty much play wrong type of game. People asked for long term progression what matters for ages. Essences are exactly this. If you make them acc wide you pretty much devalues essence progression. It is just stupid. You put lot of effort into them and suddenly all you chars can use them for free? Great so why not let also my main just have them unlocked from start? My alts can use them from start and my main cant? So character what i play most has to work towards essences and characters whay dont get them for free. Absolutly amazing.

Players like me? I want to play and compete in arenas, I’ve put a lot of work into improving my gameplay on Mage, my main Mage is at a rating where I only want to play it with my main teammates, push and improve with them, so I’ve made an alt mage so I can spam practise while they are not around, these essence actually hinder my ability to even begin to cap my alt Mage in arenas, I’ve played WoW since Wrath and never had a problem with re gearing or catching up an alt until now, I’ve played almost 3000 games in 3v3 alone the past 2 seasons on this one character, thats not including 2v2, just to get better, don’t you dare sit there and insinuate i’m an entitled player because I’ve put far more effort into what I in this game than you have, this is how the game is now, you have Classic for the hardcore MMORPG experience, sounds like you have been playing the wrong type of game, not me.