Essence account wide please

You do not understand what i am trying to say. I want wow to be rpg with long and meaningful character progression, you want session theme game you log in any time you want and jump into action. You can’t have rpg and 20 alts at the same time, those 2 things are incompatible.
You should worry not, 20 alts approach has already won, we old farts just clinging to remanants of what good of character progression has left in this game, like you said lack of essence catch up.
For me grinding essences is character progression i don’t care how different ranks or time required to get them, i want rpg elements, if you want powerful character you gotta make all your way from the scratch (or rather you had to in the past, now everything is given on silver plate, so i have nothing to strife for in this game)

No, not at all, its nice progressing your class through the game, but the current way of doing it is really unfun and off putting because it forces you into content you don’t like or want to do, its fine doing the first time but after that it gets stale and annoying, especially when it gates you from the content you want to do, this was never a problem when you had PvP vendors because you put the work in and pick which bits you need, now you have to go into weekly raids to get the bits you need, these essence are so essential to your classes performance that you also have to go into content you dislike in order to get them, but then have to go back and back week after week to rank them up, you’re doing this for your gear and essence, it really demotivates wanting to catch an alt up, with the lack of people to play with currently due to the state of the game for PvP at least having an alt to practise on without losing the rating you worked for on your main character due to picking up people in the LFG tool (its horrible), an alt mage is very helpful to continually improving and not sitting online waiting for your friends to show up to play, I have 1 alt of the same class… that I’ve recently made for the reasons listed above, this 1 alt is demotivating to catch up because of the way I have to go about re acquiring and ranking up the essence, it took a while on my main mage and it wasn’t fun sitting in raids for hours at a time to get a little bit closer to what I needed, I really don’t want to do that again.

Than go play mobas.

Why? they don’t have 3v3 arenas, if you want long character progression go play Old School Runescape.

Don’t dictate to me what I should do, I want to be able to play arenas, work towards the pvp gear, improve my skills on this class without being forced into raids and world content for weeks just to be able to do that, as I already stated, take your self out of this conversation since you add nothing of value and back to you Classic grind, thank you for your time.

1 Like

Becouse its game what suits you better? All you want is to just pick character and hop into compettive enviroment. Sory to disapoint you but wow is not that kind of game. MMORPGs are about character progression and you want that progression removed for sake of having 12 mains. Most casuals are ok with essence systems becouse it gives them meanigfull casual power progression and it feels absolutly horrible put effort into someyhing that its devalue by catch up ans acc wide progression. You spent 100h getting something but your alta what you dont play get it for free? So all that effort you put i to your main is completly wasted.

Not at all, im fine with starting out with low gear, and building it up over time, im fine with working towards something, what im not fine with is it forcing you into content you don’t like or enjoy and gating you off from what you do enjoy, I have nothing against progression, but how you currently progress really is not enjoyable and as I said, it forces you to do content you have no interest in and do not enjoy, if you made essence account wide it would ease the elements of the game that force you into those things, mainly because its not just the essence that force that on you, its getting gear too, the correct gear with correct traits and stats anyway, for example, my best stats in arena are Haste & Vers, you cannot get those 2 stats on both rings or a waist in PvP, those are ONLY in raids atm, or M+, that’s just 2 examples, its the same for main hand and off hand too.

So this is another minmax issue of some 1% of playerbase forcing themself into content they dont like to get that 1% dmg boots from bis essence. Too bad you guys are minority. Most players doesnt care if they have bis essences. They just play in cotent they like and use essences they like and game will never be change or tunned around minmaxers. It same as pretended issue with covenants how people claim that players will be forced in to bis covenant yet 99% of playerbase will just play what they will find fun and interesting.

This is what you fail to understand, the expac, more than any other puts a massive emphasis on how gear scales you, gear in older expacs was never as powerful as it is now, to be able to play at 2k - 2.1k mmr, you NEED those pieces or you get run over by other people that have them, currently essence and gear trump skill in PvP, I don’t expect you to know that because its clearly you don’t play live, but this is why its such a problem, its not a 1% player base thing, you look at how classes work, and how hard some classes can counter others in the games current state, if you don’t have these extra stats you WILL lose to someone who does, I really don’t think you know how a lot of this plays into the gameplay, please read up on this stuff before you argue with me about what your ideal version of WoW is.

So you telling me that majority of playerbase are running 2k+ arenas so essences needs to be account wide to have balanced matches and avoid forcing minmaxers i to content they dont like? I dobt think so. No you are minority. Casuals enyoj fact they have power progression outside of instanced content and Blizz will never allianate this playerbase to please minority of minmaxers.

Very few casuals play arenas at the moment because of how the class design is and due to them needing to have all this gear to even stand a chance, so you tend to run into those player an awful lot, but once again you wouldn’t have any knowledge of that, but here you are commenting, back to the original point, the way you have to collect the essence and the length of time it takes is not fun or motivating in any shape or form, people don’t like grinding something for weeks on end multiple times, why do you think they are removing AP in Shadowlands…

I’m just gonna leave this here, one day u’ll reealize how much you don’t know about this game. Make no mystake i’m no expert either, but at least i don’t try to defend something wildly unpopular and that has no impact on my personal expiriece. I already stated why they should be account wide at this point, i’m not gonna repeat myself, if you want to know read my previous response.

Get rid of bfa gcds changes in shadowlands please.

Ans where is your prove that most people dont like this type of progression? Becous3 Blizz have their numbers. And clearly most people are ok with it since they continue with this system in shadowlands as covenants.

Not only is a multiple week long grind, it’s also probaly of content you don’t enjoy and required if you care even a little bit about performance.

If essences had no impact on players experience blizzard would made them acc wide.

Ur deluded if you think they do things because they are popular or not, just take a look at survival and you’ll change your mind.

My proof? read the comments, ask around, you’ll fine all the proof you need, but the difference is with covenants is they make it more accessible to alts once you’ve done it once.

I said your playeer expirience, or at least that’s what i meant as it seems you don’t have alts you want to gear up etc… or at least you haven’t mentioned them a single time before this that i can remember.

Yes you wont have to do story lines in order to progress on them thats it. You can also work on essences right after hitting lvl 120 but there wont ve any account wide progression or catch up for covenants.

Yes, you can, but you have to do ALL entry to them, then the rep grinds for them along side the weekly grinds to rank them up, it takes a lot of time to do, that’s time put into content you do not like, BUT its okay the first time round, but after that its horrible.

If i put 100 hours into essence what my alt get for fee it feels like i wasted 100h becouse suddenly my alts get it for free without me even touching that character.