Ethics in WPvP

WM bonus has no effect on opponent quality in WM versus on a Legion PvP realm, that I can detect. My experience of combat with WM world questers and Legion PvP realm world questers is the same, except for numbers. They are equally variable skilled. The BfA zones are just more active than Legion PvP realm zones, and we have other WM features like bounty to mix things up. PvEers don’t do any harm in WM, their numbers are naturally limited by PvP activity. What matters more is achieving roughly equal numbers of player type per faction.

Ganking is what it is, always been there. The community seems okay with it.

Edit: the sharding, phasing, classes and community survey is showing interesting results. These surveys are still in progress, but seems like dissatisfaction with the impact of sharding and phasing is more important to the community than bonus system or ethics. We’ll see what end results are when max 100 responses is reached tho.

1 Like

If I may contribute with my pvp-experince back then and now would be:

I am originally from a pve server, and in 2011 I joined Twisting Nether because I knew someone who played on it, and called me a different word for kitty-cat when I talked about pvp with him.
((I left the RP servers in a rage before trying being flagged for pvp on those, so I can’t compare those))

The Aszune realm was alliance dominated, but it wasn’t so extreme. Orgrimmar was full of players, and had a lot of guilds.

Twisting Nether was extremely unbalanced were it favored the horde. My friend was a horde, and I was a horde, so I created a horde there too.
And didn’t see a single alliance player in an zones.

When I compare courtesy in pvp between pve servers and pvp servers, I actually see a lot in common when it comes to the old pvp servers and WM.
From what I could see, a lot of players on heavily unbalanced servers played the game like it was a pve server, because there wasn’t any opponents - and those who wanted to pvp usually travelled to low lvl zones and ganked to get a little excitement.

On the pve server I was on, when playing flagged you didn’t always noticed a flagged enemy, because pve content comes first - pvp is just a little bonus on the way.
Meaning that the need to find an opponent wasn’t needed as much here, so low lvl ganking wasn’t really a thing here either - you fought those you met.

As an old pve player I miss meeting people in random, and the idea of getting moved from everyone else when you flagg yourself is really annoying.

I somehow think this sharding issue is a part of all of these gankers, they can’t find any opponents, so they go to areas where they can find them - just like on an unbalanced pvp server :man_shrugging:

:point_up: This is not a universal rule, just an observation from me regarding chivalry in pvp.

Personally I see no problems when it comes to ganking and lvl difference, but I think past experiences and the sharding is the major factor when it comes to pvp behaviour.

2 Likes

It’s really simple.

Don’t ruin the game for others if this is not the game you are playing.

That’s it.

In a video game - yes, for both. And what now?
You see - many try to pretend and ask similar questions, when these questions are worth nothing without asking important one - Why?
But that’s an inconvenience right? because you want to bait and then assume this “why”, and let’s be honest - without anything good or even reasonable in it…

Just like this:

just a convenient assumption, even without anything pointing at it - bs basically.

Not the whole community, you don’t speak for everybody, not even for majority. Only that one part that cares about getting WPvP rewards without doing unfair and unscripted PvP. But let me guess, you prob think it even a majority, right?

Yeah, looks like you are, but it’s not as simple as you’re trying to make it.

For example, I’m unhappy with sharding itself - RNG of players appearing and disappearing around me and no ability to chase/find someone across shards, but I also liked that I always had someone to pew-pew at, and I know many players who love that and don’t care about things I don’t like - and it is most of the community for me, not on forums, in-game.

When you know your argument is flaccid and not relevant - just use “literally” and CAPS to reinforce it, right?

OMG, it this how “from a moral high ground” looks in a video game?
Nah, common, not everybody is as serious a about video game as looks like you are.

Here we go…

• are you trying to say that only someone with your opinions are care about this game? and if I have a different one in any way - then what?
  • or you just found another place to play victim at, because someone has a different opinion?

Do you understand that you, with the way you made that post - are the one being abusive? And if you don’t think so, then you won’t be offended by how I post, right?

I want that too. But I’m reasonable enough to understand that different players have different fun in a video game. Just because I don’t like how something is, doesn’t mean that is it bad for “everybody” or even a majority.

And with this - no, it is your arrogance and lack of empathy! I want to play WPvP, unscripted unpredictable and because of it - yes, unfair and not balanced, without any hand holding, PvP in open world, PvP adventure. But no, you choose to participate in it, you didn’t like it and you came here, making some kind of victim from yourself, trying to say how bad it is, generalizing your opinions, pretending they are facts, without any consideration that I, and many others, like it.

How is your fun is more important than my fun? Especially if you already have your scripted and fair PvP modes, and option to turn it off whenever you like. But it’s never enough I guess.

Do you get it now…?

I don’t see myself in a video game, I see my character. There is a very big difference - like on a “confusing reality” level.

When I play in unscripted/sandbox environment with PvP - I see my character and characters of other players as - content. Their actions, choices, etc, just like mine - all that is a content for all of us playing. And that is the beauty of this types of games/modes for me.

You could say that everybody are RPing even if they don’t want to, or don’t realize they’re doing it.

No you are not, and it is clear from your post and you even say that much.
Don’t be a pretentious b. You’ve said something - then own it.

2 Likes

Kiddo, get a life!

You don’t need to use curse words for insults to happen, and you know that - that’s why you’re trying to be clever and talk about meaning of words. But you failed, as always. Context is what defines meaning. It would be hopelessly stupid to deny it, but you want to try, right? haha.

It is very much possible to insult anyone with “just words from a dictionary”. Most hurtful insults are ones that are without anything even close to your “words from dictionary”, and you know that too - that’s why you like to read what I post, so much, haha.

You see, at least I don’t pretend about it. While you talk some bs, most of the time completely unrelated, screaming how something is unfair and how you want to limit what others can do because you don’t like it, stating some bs and then being a hypocrite about it, with some even more hypocritical excuses - are you sure you are not from those “snowflakes” you are talking about? It sure looks like you are.

And with that thing that you think is logic - you shouldn’t be offended by any of the above, right?

Or you going to lie how I promised you something, or is it swore now? Hahaha, delusions are strong with this one. Or you prefer - “I find your lack of smarts disturbing.” ?

“Tried to look smart and failed miserably” - that should be your moto.

Feeling important or superior yet? Or maybe unbelievable happened and you finally got smarter?

I know, it’s pointless to even try to explain anything to you, dimness of your mind could prevent you from understanding any of it, but maybe sun will shine today - WPvP, real WPvP was/is/will be always unscripted, unpredictable and because of it - unfair. It was like that in Vanilla, and it is still like that.

If you want to RP “honor, ethics, fairplay” - go ahead, and do it. Ohh wait, from your posts - you failed at it miserably and there was some weak excuses for your weakness. Nwm then, not you, someone stronger and smarter can, if they want to, RP “honor, ethics, fairplay”. Just as same player(s) can RP the opposite it they chose to - that is a freedom of choice of how you can play in non-scripted game mode in a video game.

You can do what is fun for you, just as other players can do what is fun for them. If being killed by “doesn’t matter how many” other players is cramping your fun - get numbers and kill them, or maybe that fun was not for you in the first place and you should stop looking at WM like you’re entitled for those rewards and %s, and turn it off.

Let me remind you - you shouldn’t be insulted or offended in any way.

I’ve played in Vanilla/BC - yeah, WPvP was the best imo, nothing close to that when I came back in Legion, but - very very close to that experience in BfA.

Exactly that - roam around the world for quests, or whatever reason, and have unscripted fights with an enemy that happened to be in the area.

But it’s not possible at assaults or CtA zones, or major WQs - because of LFG phasing in/out. Anywhere else in current content - it was like that for me, and that what kept me playing more than anything else.

WPvP was always chaotic, if you really played in Vanilla, and on a PvP server, then you should remember STV, Tanaris, Plaguelands, Silithus, etc. Southshore vs Taren Mill. And if your server was any big - then capital raids.

There were always “A carnage full with gore” in WPvP from the start, at least on bigger servers. But, there was no scripted points for WPvP like current Assaults, plus there was no RNG-sharding-players/LFG - and those are the only real differences at the core of WPvP game-play.

And if you want to tell me that there was no rewards and players did it just for fun - that would be a huge BS. Before BGs opened WPvP was the only way to get honor for PvP gear, and after BGs opened - WPvP was still a rewarding activity simply because you didn’t waste time without any progression for your character while doing it.

So you see - activity can be for fun and for rewards at the same time.

I had those almost every time I was playing, outside of assaults or city raids. I rarely did any PvE or anything else but WPvP since 8.0, so it was about 50-70% on average. Maybe because I was choosing to play like this, and not expecting the game to make it for me like this:

• roam around WQs in current content, mostly 1v1s, sometimes 1v2 or escalates in group vs group.
  • visiting old zones like world bosses in Pandaria, etc, mostly 1v1s,
  • quick check for current/new story quest locations in old content, again mostly 1v1s, sometimes group vs group.
  • warfront zones, in first 1-3 days after enemy faction got control (rares reset for them). Those hunting grounds could be spoiled by enemy LFG, but if able to keep awareness - a lot of fun 1v1 and 1v2+, one of the best hunting experiences for me in BfA.

It can’t be 100% as it was in Vanilla, because the game has changed in many ways obviously, and WM is not even the biggest change. But it was close enough for me.

WOAH!!! That is the brightest you ever was!
At least you can surprise sometimes, haha, cheers!

1 Like

Nice posts. I’m a simple woman in WPvP, i do whatever i want and deal with things the way i feel it’s right.
On WoW forums no one will come in a agreement how WPvP should be, that what makes it fun, some small silly “drama” ingame because of it can make some good enemys :rose:

3 Likes

Because they are kids. They get satisfaction by doing something not “etchical” and simple. Its more simple to gank a player 5v1 and get the kill, then to kill that player 1v1. And because players dont know the limits of “ethics”. There are times and moments when ganking is ok and times when is not. And majority dont know this difference.

Its not a assumption: from my own experience and the conclusions drawn from people’s “confessions” on forum, there are very few players that are willing to fight 1v1. 80% of players that are in a 1v1 situation, either they run away or log-off.

But you speak for the whole comunity? Right?

Well, for example AOO quests in the past prooved exactly this: 60-70% of players where alts with 200 ilvl who came to leech kills for free rewards. Taking in consideration the fact that 80% of players avoid 1v1 situation, that results in the fact that they keep WM on only for the bonus and rewards.

What a easy conclusion: players that post on forum doesnt represent the comunity. Only players that doesnt post represent it. Are you really serious? In case you didnt knew…players that post on forums are dedicated players. They are the “blizzcon players” that cant go to blizzcon. They care about the game. They see every detail and thing wrong and report it,complain, give opinions, hoping it will be fixed. Players that dont post on forums, they are the passive category. They take it as it is and dont care to improove it.

Whats the point of this phrase? Where you want to go? What you want to proove?

If you consider yourself “not so serious”, then why bother posting? Why you wrote 2 novels to proove us your point of view?

The problem is that the only thing you did untill now, was only to contradict others, without giving a opinion, argument or resolve to the topic spoken on this post. You come and speak like Vaeyn. You give vague answers, you go on psichological topics, you atack forum posters, but you never talk about the real problem and how you see it. Everything you said untill now was a real trash…nothing relevant and straight to the topic.

So, that means, that the majority is satisfied on how the current WM concept is? That you want to say?

First of all, current WPVP is not “unscripted”. Unscripted means that players smack eachothers without any reason or without hoping to receive a reward or bonus.
Second: you said: “I and many others like it”. Well, thats a true self-contradiction. Go on this WM forum section and count how many posivite reviews,comments,opinion are regarding WM. Then, after, count how many are negative opinions, comments,reviews,complains are regarding WM. You will notice that 75-80% of forum posters, gaved negative feedbacks. That doesnt look as a majority to me. And thats a fact. Its not a “invention” of mine. You just need to go and count them…

This is a nice question that can be answered with the same question: why your fun is more important than my fun? Explain, why I should be happy when you and Vaeyn come to gank me while i fight elites or i do wq?

Then if you dont see yourself in a video game, why a guy like me managed to piss you off? Or why you try to talk with “some characters”?
The people that post here are characters from the game. So basically, now you talk with the elemental shaman, named Arkamedix, from Twisting-Nether server, who is just a character, nothing real, just a “data”. Why you talk with “data”?

Says the guy that starts his reply with a Coolio song link. You’re right…

Mate i dont try to be clever. I am. Accept it.

And meaning is what defines context.

I dont know. Explain?

Pretend what?

Mate, i apologize that i am a “vertebral” person. I didnt knew that ethics and morale isnt part of your life. I didnt knew that for you, being a “as#hole” is something great. Please, accept my apologize.

What hypocritical excuses? When you say something, give example.

I cant be offended by a life form with a limited intelligence. Dont worry.

Well, i didnt promised you that i will hunt you. You did it.

Compared to you, taking in consideration that you act like a virgin kid giving links with Coolio songs, yes, I am smarter than you. It was hard to admitt it, but thats the truth. Its not my foult that your “intelligence is low” .

That was a nice starting of your argumentation:

It might be everything else, except unscripted. When you stimulate players with rewards to go on full rampage, that isnt unscripted. Thats 100% scripted.

It isnt and it will never be.

I cant apply honor and ethics with people like you or Vaeyn. The only thing you do is to contradict others and give answers that has nothing to do with the topic spoken. I just gaved you a example above, how you turn a conversation to something personal and without sense, that has nothing to do with the topic. So, when i “characterize” you and Vaeyn, using “dictionary” words, thats my polite way to express my feeling about people like you. Thats not a ethic fail, its a sharing of opinion.

Here we go again…i dont even bother to talk about this topic anymore. Its useless…

I remind you, again, that i cant be offended by a person with “such a limited intelligence” like yours. So, dont worry.

You compare Vanilla wpvp with BFA wpvp? Are you serious?

I tell you exactly this: players joined pvp servers just for fun. Back then, there wasnt PVE raiding gear as rewards from wpvp quests, there wasnt PVE rewards like ap, ressources,etc and there wasnt bonuses to certain contents (wq for example). The only rewards received from wpvp in Vanilla was honor> wich was used to buy pvp gear. And that is what i think is normal to do in BFA also.
They failed with BFA very hard. Here are some reasons:

1. BFA is a expansion wich its concept is the fight between alliance and horde. That means that the expansion should be more PVP/WPVP orientated than PVE. They failed miserably by trying to make a PVP expansion into a PVE expansion and trying to combine both contents.
  2. They shoulded add PVP gear, like in the old expansions. Exclusive PVP gear that is usefull only in PVP and useless in PVE. What they did? They allowed PVE rewards (including rading PVE rewards) to be in PVP. Thats the most stupid thing they did.
  3. You keep saying that WM is optional and people should turn it off if they dislike it. Back then, there where exclusive PVP servers and exclusive PVE servers. PvP servers population was focused on arenas, battlegounds, wpvp and PvE servers where focused on raiding and dungeons. Neither of theese 2 categories of players, didnt received any bonus to choose the server. That is a optional choice. Not like it is now: you join WM you get bonus, you dont join you dont get it. What is now, is a “bribe” status, where players are “stimulated” to join WM so that they can progress faster (especially into PVE topic, like ap for neck, more resources,etc). You cant bribe someone and tell him: its optional.
  4. Rewards: the only rewards where only honor rewards. Nothing else. You where gathering that honor and you had a feeling of self-acomplishment after gathering enough honor (hard work) to buy a piece of PVP gear. Now, you just need to stay afk in a group,finish the quest and you get a raiding piece of gear. Where is the acomplishment in this? Where is the feeling of progression?

Vanilla wpvp cant never be compared with BFA wpvp. What we have now is a chaotic garbage that gives free items and bonuses for doing nothing.

As i said (and i am sorry that i repeat so many times) , a person with “limited intelligence” cant ask for more. Thatswhy you are satisfied with “this” .

The majority of WM community have fun camping and ganking , or see no problem with it. That is the ethical standard for War Mode, not what a minority thinks it should be.

WM is not 1v1. WPvP has never been about 1v1 or 2v2, etc. It’s 1v1, 2v2, 1v2, 2v1, 5v1, 2v5, 1v10, 40v4, 15v36… and all other variations. Always has been.

WM community is on average 71% satisfied with current WPvP. That’s pretty good, compared to the 20% that was suggested before the survey was done. Many are unhappy, but on avg WM seems to be providing fun for most.

The biggest issue (from the surveys) for WM community is sharding, that reduces satisfaction a lot. Doesn’t bother me, prb part of why I like WM so much. But we have no control over the shard tech, and can only hope Blizz improve it.

1 Like

All is fair in love and war. Sometimes I get absolutely decimated by 3+ people, other times they ignore me. If you opt in for PvP, don’t cry it wasn’t on your own terms.

4 Likes

Every time you use more and more insults and less and less intelligent thoughts - you always offended, and it’s clearly seen. And you can’t even own it, it’s pathetic. But I guess you like it if you always keep going back for more.

Tell me - do you have some kind of addiction to “getting mocked and otherwise rekt”? There is no other reason for you to rarely be able to make a post without mentioning me.

By this time even completely stupid person would understand that mockery and getting rekt are your only options, if anything - simply because you care and I don’t. This kind of obsession is not healthy, but be my guest - here take your fix…

Lol, complete absence of logic or anything related to it, and you even opened the door for it yourself.

Yes, I am right, and you are so hopeless to say at least something that you can’t make it intelligent with all that hateful anger of yours.

Dude, you are the most dumb person I’ve ever talked to. You want to be superior - here you go, you true superiority in dumbness, have fun!

Trying to play dumb? You know that you are dumb, right? So now it’s double dumb. Do like that a few more times and we can make a beat - dumb, dumb-dumb, dumb, dumb - dumb.

You are an example - first you talked about ethics and not being an a**hole, morals, etc, then talked about how you did exactly the opposite, and then made excuses. Re-read your own posts, if you are so f’up in your head that you can’t remember. You even did it again in this post, lol, so weak.

You know, only boys with small pickle feel the need for ego that big.

You are offended, otherwise you wouldn’t post all that wall of BS that clearly shows that you can’t even think strait.

But ofc, it’s something else and you have some excuse for that too - you’re still to weak to own it, and I still don’t care.

Show me, where did I promised you that?
Let’s see how much of a stupid excuse you’ll make to turn “I need to go on a hunt” into a promise.

Ohh wait - maybe it’s your delusions again, you want it to be true, to feel at least somewhat important to somebody, and you started believing that it happened?

Hahahaha, you are clearly not offended, to a point that you feel the need to compare yourself to me, lol, your desperation kick in hard, hahahaha.

If you need to say that, at all, and especially as a responce to you failing miserably - dude you are unbelievably stupid.

“Tried to look smart and failed miserably” - that definitely should be your moto.

So, does it mean that Neckoe is your Alliance alt? And you were talking to yourself on forums? Hahahaha
You are truly dumb, aren’t you.

I find your lack of any logic disturbing.
But you still can learn to read, try again.

:rofl: Pickle is really that small hah?

I did it only to give you your dose of mockery that you’ve been asking for, have fun! Feel important now? Haha

They are vague only if you are mentally challenged.

Hahahaha, that is exactly what you’re doing. Stop projecting your BS on me, it makes you even more dumb.

No, it’s not, don’t be stupid, ohh wait, you are, well - go learn what “scripted” means.

Assaults and other content like that + rewards structure are the only scripted parts, everything else - who/where/how/why/how many/decisions/actions/etc - is not scripted.

So you played on a PvE realm, made up excuse why not on PvP, and somehow you think you can tell how WPvP was in Vanilla? Get lost and stop embarrassing yourself.

And even raids… when many top ranking guilds were from PvP realms, with a lot of world firsts… just shut up dude, I doubt you even played Vanilla.

As for all BS you’re talking about, all your assumptions and speculation, constant dismissal of relevant and correct arguments, etc - here is the data that proves everything I ever talk about on these forums.

Ofc you will try to dismiss it too, something about how you don’t like questions, right?
Well, it doesn’t matter anymore - data is there, it’s relevant and correct.
And you - you are rejected!

I hope you liked you dose of “mockery and getting rekt”.
Bye!

2 Likes

/ignored.
Its a waste of time talking with a primitive person.
Bye.

Flawless victory!
/cheers

2 Likes

With welcome. You are so smart and you managed to lock all my arguments. I am speechless…

Trying new excuses, I see. Still weak to even follow your own words, ignored was it?

This addiction of yours is not healthy. Get help.

Have fun!

2 Likes

World pvp was the last thing this game had which the community could take part in and finally it had disapeared,There is no community nobody cares at all about each other.Peoples rep actually meant something. The future of retail wow is tragic they havent undone the sharding and phasing so all of the patches they throw at the game will last a month at best.

All of the little kids complained over each expansion and now all those people who made posts saying “nerf this” “change this” "remove this " have finally destroyed WOW for me.

I cannot lead a Guild in this awful expansion and neither should anyone else even try to.

Honestly (and I am so sorry for this derail :bowing_man:), but after returning I haven’t seen many guild leaders who are leaders, officers who know what being an officer means and in general a hierarchy in a guild that works as intended.

Leadership like it used to be is long gone, and no expansion can repair something the community destroyed themselves.

This expansion does lack something when it comes to pvp, but I find it hard to define what it misses

2 Likes

#1 WPvP is WAR
#2 there are no ethics in war

This piece loving cow was killed back in vanilla by a fellow druid in MOONGLADE!

Since then there is only one rule that counts:
Its name tag is red? its dead! no matter the level!

Oh and dont listen to people who cry “I just wanna level in peace!” while they have wm on!
If they really wanted to level in PEACE the would not have turned wm on.

Drudatz, the Alliance Slayer,
the cow that slays alliance even in Boralous when they dont expect it :smiley:

3 Likes

This is just… wrong :cold_sweat:

I am horrified by the action commited by that druid :pensive:

2 Likes

Does any other class have a don’t attack same class player ‘unwritten’ rule? It’s kinda cool some players feel this way about Druids, but… nah :slight_smile:

Ey, someone should write a WPvP rule book, including ALL variations of player rules, including obscure rules like don’t attack in Moonglade. Would be 100’s of pages! But I wouldn’t follow those rules hehe, just interesting to see unwritten rules written!

2 Likes

Gasp!

This is what happens when you invite night-elves to the party. =(

3 Likes