Faction Imbalance ruining the game

I really love wow classic I had a blast last 2 months but tbh I’m considering Unsubscribing because Wpvp is a joke atm. there are 3-4 horde players for each alliance player in shazz.

If blizzard doesn’t add transfers to good realms this not gonna be playable when phase 2 comes out.

If the ratio is bad they should encourage transfers in both directions, but I seriously doubt your ratio is anywhere close to 1:4.

My first character in a PvP realm was in a server where my faction was in the minority and leveling up was tough but fun. In the long run most enemies developed a sense of respect even though at the same time they were eager to see some action so they’d go wherever there was any kind of opposition. So it wasn’t all bad.

My first toon was on Alliance Magtheridon, and that was a farce. The Horde thought they owned the server and would 3v1 you at any opportunity, but they saw so few Alliance players that they would often lose anyway by playing as though it was PvE.

You are on the most popular realm anyway.
If the imbalance is as bad as you say, your solution is… to let Alliance players transfer away from the server and have the server go from 25:75 ratio to 10:90 ratio?

great idea.

Btw, there is no way it is 25% to 75%. It might be as bad as 40:60.

horde is just more popular on pvp realms. classic isn’t balanced and it will never be.

horde have advantages in geography, better pve racials and WF+WCB is more fun than blessings.

and lmfao pick a more balanced server rather than investing hundreds of hours on a realm that u could have found out was going to be imbalanced a few hours after release.

1 Like

Surely allowing Alliance to transfer off the realm to a “better” realm would only make the situation worse? One faction will always dominate. Atleast on the big realms 40:60 split or even a 30:70 split wouldn’t be that bad as there are big populations on both sides still in terms of numbers.

I myself experienced this problem in vanilla a long time ago. One faction slowly losing players until the auction house had just one axe for auction for my level. I used a paid transfer to get off the server.

If Blizzard does nothing over time people just reroll to the overpopulated side or join another server and exacerbate the problem on that server or leave the game altogether. Generally when a player is unhappy the result is not that ‘they just grin and bear it’.

They should do the thing where they encourage new players to join realms with imbalance but only allow one faction, with warning ofc

Have they ever done this before?

So they get farmed by experienced enemy? New players should join to the dominant faction instead so they get the protection.

Per my post above, my experience of stacked servers is that the enemy is far from experienced.

Basically it’s either start preventing horde characters being made, or port wotlk alliance racials to classic… not sure people would be happy with either (looking at you, #nochanges group)

If you did that you would buff human (pvp), but you would nerf dwarf.

best advice is to get a community of alliance together.

when you go out in the world, go out with your mates and annihilate every red you see. it works pretty well until you inadvertently summon a 40-man horde raid

Yeah but human is by far most popular race so it would boost racial chasers to alliance.

Isn’t it the opposite? Human is already popular, so a lot of the people you would appeal to were already human, but dwarf is currently propped up by the racial and that would go away.

No, human racial is superior to say ud version so many horde would swap over to alliance, just like it happened during original wotlk.

You’d be amazed to see how many people actually chooses faction and race based on racials alone.

I think that only works if you directly compare undead with human. But I also think I’ve no wish to get into a long discussion on this, so I’m going to drop the subject.

Dwarf population is propped up by Stoneform?

Are ye havin’ a laff?

I’m not saying that it’s the only reason to play dwarf, but there are players who would never consider playing dwarf without it.